Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not the poster your questioning but I have to assume that most if not all town boards are genuinely concerned about improving Soccer for the kids. I mean why else would they be in their position. It’s not a status thing because town soccer isn’t what it used to be. But to say the boards are good about responding to parents inquiries has to be a stretch. I can only speak about the town in which my children play for and they are absolutely awful. They don’t respond to any emails, take no parent feedback into consideration. If you try to call their “office” the answering machine is always full. There is zero collaboration with parents and everything is always done in secret with no input from families. Families have become disenfranchised with the town soccer program because of the management. Again this does not mean they don’t care for the kids because they do, it’s just that excluding and ignoring families isn’t a good thing.
    If you ask 100 people a question, you are going to get 100 different answers. Sometimes you have to ignore the 1 loud voice for the betterment of the other 99%. It is impractical to ask every family in the club, what their opinion is, on every decision that the board makes. This is a general rule and is in no way the answer to every circumstance, but without specifics on what you contacted your board about, is the best I can come up with. If you want your voice heard, volunteer to become a board member, most towns are always looking for new members as families age out of their club every year.

Comment

Just received an email from RSL that over 50 new team join their league for this fall. Looks like Amherst and Longmeadow moved all their last remaining teams at PVJSL over to RSL, and that Wilbraham and Monson joined and moved their younger teams over.

Comment

The PVJSL U14 boys division is down to 1 team, Wilbraham. The Ludlow BU14 team is leaving to play in NSL(MAPLE). Amherst and Cold Spring moved to RSL.

Comment

Just received an email from RSL that over 50 new team join their league for this fall. Looks like Amherst and Longmeadow moved all their last remaining teams at PVJSL over to RSL, and that Wilbraham and Monson joined and moved their younger teams over.
          So you are saying a town outdoor league got wiped out by an indoor complex?

Comment

So you are saying a town outdoor league got wiped out by an indoor complex?
            Not quite, "PVJSL" was so mismanaged that a new soccer complex "Roots" started a competing town travel league "RSL" and most towns switched over to it, only a few are still with "PVJSL". I think only Ludlow and 2 tiny towns (Gateway and Ware) are strictly in "PVJSL" still. A few more towns have their teams split between leagues, with their younger teams in "RSL" and older teams in "PVJSL".

Comment

Not quite, "PVJSL" was so mismanaged that a new soccer complex "Roots" started a competing town travel league "RSL" and most towns switched over to it, only a few are still with "PVJSL". I think only Ludlow and 2 tiny towns (Gateway and Ware) are strictly in "PVJSL" still. A few more towns have their teams split between leagues, with their younger teams in "RSL" and older teams in "PVJSL".
              No more home games. Kinda stinks having to travel there every weekend from Amherst.
              But I guess this is the new normal. Maybe other facilities like Forekicks will do the same thing on Saturdays.

Comment

Question is RSL recognized by mass youth soccer as a town travel league. Meaning are they eligible for mtoc?

Comment

The PVJSL U14 boys division is down to 1 team, Wilbraham. The Ludlow BU14 team is leaving to play in NSL(MAPLE). Amherst and Cold Spring moved to RSL.
                  There are 14 teams in the RSL Boys U14 age group, that lone Wilbraham team should move over as well.

Comment

No more home games. Kinda stinks having to travel there every weekend from Amherst.
                    But I guess this is the new normal. Maybe other facilities like Forekicks will do the same thing on Saturdays.
                    I believe only the U7's and U8's play all their games at Roots, on every other weekend. For the other age groups, U9+, each town still has their own fields as before, with one or two games a season at the Roots facility. With Wilbraham joining RSL, I believe all the Playoff games will end up being in Wilbraham.

Except for Brattleboro VT, they play all their home games at Roots.

Comment

Question is RSL recognized by mass youth soccer as a town travel league. Meaning are they eligible for mtoc?
                      No, I believe they are under US Soccer, so no mtoc.

Comment

No to both

Comment

Forekicks already host a lot of NEP Younger Age Group games at their Taunton facility. Don't see it happening at their other 2 facilities (Norfolk and Marlboro). They draw a lot from BAYS which they will not be able to compete with.

Comment

For U9 and above you still have your home games in Amherst, or whatever town your team is from. Brattleboro Storm is the only town that uses Roots for their home games.

Comment

Unless the Ludlow team joins an existing NSL club they will not be playing Maple. The local clubs Euro United and Mutiny do not have a Boys U14 team on their club. Also, the kids from the team that play premier soccer would require a waiver from their premier club because of USA soccer, so it’s not as easy as you make it out to be.

Result this post is False

Comment

This league is beyond dead. It will be hilarious sending Ware out to represent at MTOC.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X