Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It is safe because his base does not watch soccer.
    And you know this how?

Trump played soccer in HS and his youngest son is on the DC united academy, so I think Trump has a passing interest in soccer.

Comment

Good grief. Are you sure the NFL and its players don't have any culpability here?
      Good grief, people protest the way they want.

Comment

Mexico and Canada could have same people in power, but Trump will not be in DC beyond 2020. Even if it happens , he will be out in 2024.So why worrying?

Comment

And you know this how?

Trump played soccer in HS and his youngest son is on the DC united academy, so I think Trump has a passing interest in soccer.
          Well I guess if he gives any soccer players the son or daughter of a bitch treatment we will see how the fans react.

He won't. We are not like the nfl crowd.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2289022]
            It is safe because his base does not watch soccer.[/QUOTE

All having the WC in this country will do is expose another 8 yrs of no progress for our team
            Let’s hope not.
            To get back on track, the mens team looked fairly sharp against France. Definitely got tired late, but held impressively.

Not a word on t-s, though. Too busy running traitorous coaches through the ringer...

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2289091]

Not a word on t-s, though. Too busy running traitorous coaches through the ringer...
              I believe they are looking to change the URL to "Bitching-about-other-clubs-because-mine-is-so-much-better.com"

Comment

Let’s hope not.
                To get back on track, the mens team looked fairly sharp against France. Definitely got tired late, but held impressively.

Agreed about both points. Lots of complaining about no soccer culture, but perfect example of no interest. The selfishness of youth soccer is very concerning.

But bring up politics and the idiots from both sides have at it.
                Misplaced priorities

Comment

Clueless... I've lived in MA most of my life, have a HHI in the top 5-10%, vote Republican across the board and only watch soccer. Get out of the blue urban core in this state and the majority votes Republican, and that is the same suburban base that travels to Foxboro.

As to soccer, Trump's son plays DA for DC United.

Facts vs feels...

Comment

Let’s hope not.

I thought US capitalized on France's defensive mistake to good effect, and looked dangerous on a few occasions (offsides goal in particular), but were not the better side by any means. I like that the US fielded a young team and gave a number of players international experience against a top 10 team.

Comment

Clueless... I've lived in MA most of my life, have a HHI in the top 5-10%, vote Republican across the board and only watch soccer. Get out of the blue urban core in this state and the majority votes Republican, and that is the same suburban base that travels to Foxboro.

As to soccer, Trump's son plays DA for DC United.

Facts vs feels...
                      Trump's son has nothing to do with people who are soccer fans in this country. The women's team is the most successful soccer team this country has produced. Don't think he will be dumb enough to take them and their fans on.

Comment

Trump's son has nothing to do with people who are soccer fans in this country. The women's team is the most successful soccer team this country has produced. Don't think he will be dumb enough to take them and their fans on.
                        Other than the constant sky-is-falling scenario and your own paranoia, what has he said or done directly that shows he doesn't support soccer?

In fact, many people consider his written support for it as what put them over the top.

Seriously, come out from under the covers and enjoy the weather.

Comment

Other than the constant sky-is-falling scenario and your own paranoia, what has he said or done directly that shows he doesn't support soccer?

In fact, many people consider his written support for it as what put them over the top.

Now , Trump is the one that got us the bid? You are the one that needs to get out there. The trio went against very poor candidate. US alone had no chance.

Comment

He can stick to golf and just leave soccer alone please. And for sure ok not the female side...just stay far away.

Comment

Now , Trump is the one that got us the bid? You are the one that needs to get out there. The trio went against very poor candidate. US alone had no chance.
                              Holy crap you are dense. At this rate he's going to get re-elected without issue if the opponent is so far out there.

Where did I say he got us the bid? The bid leadership acknowledged his support and said it helped their cause.

So, while I will always appreciate the all-knowing feel of TS, I do have to refer in this case to the bid leadership and their impressions. They may, just may, know a bit more about it than you or I.

Comment

Holy crap you are dense. At this rate he's going to get re-elected without issue if the opponent is so far out there.

Where did I say he got us the bid? The bid leadership acknowledged his support and said it helped their cause.

So, while I will always appreciate the all-knowing feel of TS, I do have to refer in this case to the bid leadership and their impressions. They may, just may, know a bit more about it than you or I.
                                Again, this discussion should about the euphoria of winning the 2026 bid, not ******* on each other’s political leanings.
                                Soccer culture-0
                                Political stupidity-1

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X