Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lots of reasons they can't or don't want to go. Graduation, not even done with school yet, summer jobs.... But if you're recruited and have graduated do you want to risk injuries before your college career starts? Or spend a good deal of money traveling? What if GDA has been a dissatisfying experience and you just want it to be over with? Yes you should stay committed to your team all year, but I also understand why players/families don't want to go.
    Stars didn't qualify for either ECNL or DA. They can't go. Yes, going to the beach and drinking beer is safer and better than playing before college preseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      Lots of reasons they can't or don't want to go. Graduation, not even done with school yet, summer jobs.... But if you're recruited and have graduated do you want to risk injuries before your college career starts? Or spend a good deal of money traveling? What if GDA has been a dissatisfying experience and you just want it to be over with? Yes you should stay committed to your team all year, but I also understand why players/families don't want to go.
      This often happens with the older group.

Comment

Stars didn't qualify for either ECNL or DA. They can't go. Yes, going to the beach and drinking beer is safer and better than playing before college preseason.
        It's much more fun and memorable, certainly cheaper. Graduating seniors are finally realizing this is their last hurrah together. Mine is trying to bank as much cash before leaving for pre-season camp, which comes up soon enough.

Comment

It's much more fun and memorable, certainly cheaper. Graduating seniors are finally realizing this is their last hurrah together. Mine is trying to bank as much cash before leaving for pre-season camp, which comes up soon enough.
          I think that Eclipse, PDA, and Michigan Hawks all qualified for Playoffs. Will they send their A teams? i think they will try. It would be a statement if one of the "All in" ECNL teams won the DA playoffs.

Comment

Banking cash is key as they get ready to leave the nest.

Comment

Completely agree. Mine got a lovely package but wants to work and be responsible and not have to call us all the time for money. That's a more important life lesson.

not the op

Comment

Because 1 week is what they need to bank cash. Any other excuse?

Comment

Completely agree. Mine got a lovely package but wants to work and be responsible and not have to call us all the time for money. That's a more important life lesson.

not the op

You spend years spending $$ in crap tournaments and flying all over the country and now one week in the summer is enough to teach her a life lesson. This sounds like excuse and your daughter's team didn't qualify.

Comment

You spend years spending $$ in crap tournaments and flying all over the country and now one week in the summer is enough to teach her a life lesson. This sounds like excuse and your daughter's team didn't qualify.
                    Yeah, $ spent before were worth it but I'm glad her team isn't going and so is she. The kids are CHECKED OUT. I'd rather her work this summer, earn some money and take some responsibility. That is a more valuable lesson than another meaningless showcase. She also needs to work hard at getting into shape for pre season. No need to risk and injury two months before being on campus. They shouldn't even have one for the oldest kids and allow younger ones without a team to play on other teams.

Comment

This is a gda thread. Her team did make it. She’s still going to work.

Comment

Are the schedules posted yet? Where can I find the link to the list of college coaches?

Comment

As another poster said, $10k+ per year on club soccer, but working a minimum wage job to make a few hundred dollars the summer before you head off to college is the priority? #Clueless

They could have been refereeing and earning $100/day cash from 14yo...

Comment

As another poster said, $10k+ per year on club soccer, but working a minimum wage job to make a few hundred dollars the summer before you head off to college is the priority? #Clueless

you know by now, anything can be "justified" if you try hard enough. we cant go. D will be in College summer school.

Comment

Looks like daddy is going to wire his princess money all through college. Some parents like to think their kids should learn to earn it.

Comment

Looks like daddy is going to wire his princess money all through college. Some parents like to think their kids should learn to earn it.
                                Agree, but that isn't the lesson or priority in the spring semester/summer of your senior year. Those lessons are learned from an early age, hence theybshould have been soing that from 14 like I said. Then there is the issue about learning the value of time/money. Again, earning minimum wage in some useless, non-soccer, non-career related job is not a good use of time.

#poorparenting

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X