Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GDA National Championships and Showcase question

If a team didn’t qualify to play in the National Championships, is their season over? Or is their a showcase?

It's my understanding these take place at the same time. So, if you didn't qualify you'd go to the Showcase.

Comment

Unless you are u18/19 you have to qualify

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I believe Showcase is the weekend prior to the 4th. Playoffs are the following weekend. Both in San Diego.

Comment

I believe Showcase is the weekend prior to the 4th. Playoffs are the following weekend. Both in San Diego.
          Awful timing for 18/19 . Graduation, summer school, massive conflicts. Some teams who qualified will not attend.

Comment

Awful timing for 18/19 . Graduation, summer school, massive conflicts. Some teams who qualified will not attend.

Comment

What high schools have graduation that late in June? (starts June 23rd)
              Massive Conflicts???
              Which teams that Qualified are not attending?

Comment

why don't the 18/19 have to qualify?

Comment

It doesn't work like that. You go. As individuals some may bail out, especially seniors, so then they'll pull up younger players to fill in holes

Comment

It doesn't work like that. You go. As individuals some may bail out, especially seniors, so then they'll pull up younger players to fill in holes

Ok. we will see who is right. i know of at least one 18/19 team not going. attending graduation or summer school is not really bailing out.

Comment

Ok. we will see who is right. i know of at least one 18/19 team not going. attending graduation or summer school is not really bailing out.
                      Not all U19s are graduating. Sucks to be a younger player on such a team if you want to play

Comment

Not all U19s are graduating. Sucks to be a younger player on such a team if you want to play
                        who's not going?

Comment

Amazing people in this site. I know why there is this depreciation of both DA and ECNL 18/19's National championships. Yes I do know for sure of a team not going. They CAN'T go.

Comment

Amazing people in this site. I know why there is this depreciation of both DA and ECNL 18/19's National championships. Yes I do know for sure of a team not going. They CAN'T go.
                            Can't? or won't? big difference. Some states graduate later than others. Summer school means not graduating. some kids aren't going for whatever reason some legit, some selfish and some don't want to spend the money.

Comment

Can't? or won't? big difference. Some states graduate later than others. Summer school means not graduating. some kids aren't going for whatever reason some legit, some selfish and some don't want to spend the money.
                              Lots of reasons they can't or don't want to go. Graduation, not even done with school yet, summer jobs.... But if you're recruited and have graduated do you want to risk injuries before your college career starts? Or spend a good deal of money traveling? What if GDA has been a dissatisfying experience and you just want it to be over with? Yes you should stay committed to your team all year, but I also understand why players/families don't want to go.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X