Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Contracts go both ways. It can also be the club that fails on their side of the bargain.
    For sure. But they purposely write very vague contracts that favor the club, not the consumer. They're usually very black and white and simple with just you're on this team, you owe this much and when. Nothing about the quality of your coaching or playing time or league you'll play in or tournaments you'll attend

Comment

Shocking newflash!!

If you get a waiver to play HS next month, and you participate, you are NOT real GDA.

Comment

Shocking newflash!!

If you get a waiver to play HS next month, and you participate, you are NOT real GDA.
        Hey at least it's better than LISC last year where girls would play a HS game on Friday, a GDA game on Saturday and then an NPL game on Sunday! Any attempt to more resemble a real GDA club is a step in the right direction!

Comment

Shocking newflash!!

“Real GDA”? News flash - there is no real GDA. BDA yes, where they can sign pro contracts. For girls it’s all a ploy by US Soccer not to take a political hit by not having GDA. And they did it all wrong...obviously. Your daughters soccer career is winding down. She should have as much fun as possible and hopefully it gets her into a good college. After that she will be in the work force and soccer is over.

Comment

“Real GDA”? News flash - there is no real GDA. BDA yes, where they can sign pro contracts. For girls it’s all a ploy by US Soccer not to take a political hit by not having GDA. And they did it all wrong...obviously. Your daughters soccer career is winding down. She should have as much fun as possible and hopefully it gets her into a good college. After that she will be in the work force and soccer is over.
            You sound like my bipolar ex-wife, wish you would just drive into that tree already.

Comment

You sound like my bipolar ex-wife, wish you would just drive into that tree already.
              Sounds like her mental health issues were nothing compared to yours. Poster is correct. The gda is the very poor relation of the bda. The only thing they share is a similar sounding name.

Comment

So looks like all three DA teams on LI need to add kids in almost every age group. In some age groups many kids. EM and Susa are done adding players (for the most part). Where do these players come from to help the DA clubs? Many other teams looking for players as well. Seems to be a much bigger issue this year compared to past years too. The saturation is bad and getting worse.

Comment

So looks like all three DA teams on LI need to add kids in almost every age group. In some age groups many kids. EM and Susa are done adding players (for the most part). Where do these players come from to help the DA clubs? Many other teams looking for players as well. Seems to be a much bigger issue this year compared to past years too. The saturation is bad and getting worse.
                  I'd have to dig but around World Cup time there were several articles showing that participation in youth soccer has declined quite a bit in the last few years. Some of the reasons? High costs, too much travel, frustration with poor coaching, kids not having fun. In this case I'd add frustration with all the "elite" leagues that aren't always elite.

I suspect there will be some consolidation in the next few years. Survival of the fittest. You better offer consumers something better than the other guy and at a competitive price.

Comment

I'd have to dig but around World Cup time there were several articles showing that participation in youth soccer has declined quite a bit in the last few years. Some of the reasons? High costs, too much travel, frustration with poor coaching, kids not having fun. In this case I'd add frustration with all the "elite" leagues that aren't always elite.

I suspect there will be some consolidation in the next few years. Survival of the fittest. You better offer consumers something better than the other guy and at a competitive price.
                    99% of the kids shouldn't be attempting to play for anything other than fun.

Comment

99% of the kids shouldn't be attempting to play for anything other than fun.
                      That is a stupid statement.

Comment

How so? This is part of how we got here...

Comment

Explain.

Comment

How so? This is part of how we got here...
                            I (mostly) agree. The proliferation of premier clubs charging small fortunes for crap soccer really has gotten out of hand. If you have a checkbook your kid can be "elite" eventhough many would be better off in travel or even rec. Maybe if participant numbers are declining some clubs will lower fees or try and offer a better product for the $. The landscape would be better off with fewer "premier" clubs and stronger rec and travel programs charging a fraction of what clubs do. You know, like it used to be.

Comment

we got here because so many families want to pay to play so called high level soccer, If people did not want to buy it, it would not exist.

Comment

LISC has completely revamped their training with the addition of MF and GB, and they are charging 40% less than Fury, and Alby GDA. They had a horrible first year, but they appear to be making strides in the right direction.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X