Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So what towns are keeping all their teams in PVJSL? Belchertown, Gateway, St Catherine(Springfield), Celtic(Springfield), Ware, Wilbraham(may switch to RSL), Ludlow(may move teams to a premier league). Are there any other real town that is keeping all their teams in PVJSL?
    I don’t even know if those towns are keeping their teams in PVJSL. Nobody from the town my children play for have mentioned anything. But with that said if our town decides to stay with pioneer valley considering all the other towns moving there is absolutely no point in keeping our children in the town league any further. I don’t speak for others, but in speaking with others there is a growing sentiment amongst multiple age groups that is of the same mindset

Comment

So what towns are keeping all their teams in PVJSL? Belchertown, Gateway, St Catherine(Springfield), Celtic(Springfield), Ware, Wilbraham(may switch to RSL), Ludlow(may move teams to a premier league). Are there any other real town that is keeping all their teams in PVJSL?
      Belchertown already has some teams in RSL. Curious what they will do with the remainder of the teams that are in PVJSL. St Catherine and Celtic have maybe one or two teams in PVJSL, they don’t have a team in every age group. I’m not registering my child until I get information about the league.

Comment

Belchertown already has some teams in RSL. Curious what they will do with the remainder of the teams that are in PVJSL. St Catherine and Celtic have maybe one or two teams in PVJSL, they don’t have a team in every age group. I’m not registering my child until I get information about the league.
        So now the list is Gateway, Ware, Wilbraham(may switch to RSL), and Ludlow(may move teams to a premier league). This is looking pretty dire for PVJSL. Are there and other towns that strictly just have teams in PVJSL?

Comment

So now the list is Gateway, Ware, Wilbraham(may switch to RSL), and Ludlow(may move teams to a premier league). This is looking pretty dire for PVJSL. Are there and other towns that strictly just have teams in PVJSL?
          So is this on the assumption that Amherst, Longmeadow and Ajac are definitely leaving PV or has it been confirmed that they are leaving?

Comment

So is this on the assumption that Amherst, Longmeadow and Ajac are definitely leaving PV or has it been confirmed that they are leaving?
            No all three currently have teams in the Roots Soccer League and in PVJSL. This list is just for the towns that are strictly just with PVJSL.

Comment

Towns with teams strictly in PVJSL:
              Gateway, Ware, Wilbraham(may switch to RSL), and Ludlow(may move teams to a premier league).

Towns with teams strictly in RSL:
              Agawam, Brattleboro VT, West Springfield, Westfield, Southwick, East Longmeadow, Easthampton, Northampton, Holyoke, Palmer, FC Frontier

The rest I am either unsure of or are in both.

Comment

Towns with teams strictly in PVJSL:
                Gateway, Ware, Wilbraham(may switch to RSL), and Ludlow(may move teams to a premier league).

Towns with teams strictly in RSL:
                Agawam, Brattleboro VT, West Springfield, Westfield, Southwick, East Longmeadow, Easthampton, Northampton, Holyoke, Palmer, FC Frontier, Granby, Hadley, Hampden, South Hadley, Hampshire United

Towns that are in both PVJSL and RSL:
                AJAC, Amherst(leaning RSL), Belchertown, Longmeadow, Monson

Comment

Lies not all those teams listed are in rsl,solely.

Comment

Please correct my list if I made a mistake, I pulled both lists off of the online schedules, from each league, for the most current spring season. https://www.sportsmanager.us/ludlowysa.htm and https://www.rootssoccerleague.com/

Comment

Just double checked, where am I incorrect, or telling "Lies". I couldn't find any of the towns listed as Strictly RSL, that had any teams play for PVJSL this spring.

Comment

Most Town's Board members are interested in improving soccer for their kids and are responsive to parents inquiry's.
                        What evidence can you provide to support this statement? I'm genuinely interested.

Comment

Is this league dead yet?

Comment

What evidence can you provide to support this statement? I'm genuinely interested.
                            Not the poster your questioning but I have to assume that most if not all town boards are genuinely concerned about improving Soccer for the kids. I mean why else would they be in their position. It’s not a status thing because town soccer isn’t what it used to be. But to say the boards are good about responding to parents inquiries has to be a stretch. I can only speak about the town in which my children play for and they are absolutely awful. They don’t respond to any emails, take no parent feedback into consideration. If you try to call their “office” the answering machine is always full. There is zero collaboration with parents and everything is always done in secret with no input from families. Families have become disenfranchised with the town soccer program because of the management. Again this does not mean they don’t care for the kids because they do, it’s just that excluding and ignoring families isn’t a good thing.

Comment

Not the poster your questioning but I have to assume that most if not all town boards are genuinely concerned about improving Soccer for the kids. I mean why else would they be in their position. It’s not a status thing because town soccer isn’t what it used to be. But to say the boards are good about responding to parents inquiries has to be a stretch. I can only speak about the town in which my children play for and they are absolutely awful. They don’t respond to any emails, take no parent feedback into consideration. If you try to call their “office” the answering machine is always full. There is zero collaboration with parents and everything is always done in secret with no input from families. Families have become disenfranchised with the town soccer program because of the management. Again this does not mean they don’t care for the kids because they do, it’s just that excluding and ignoring families isn’t a good thing.
                              Soccer town boards don't have offices and probably only meet once a month. You really can't call the office. But I think if the email traffic is low, someone on the board could and should respond. My hunch is they get so many emails from complaining parents they end up not responding to any of them. If I had a point to make, I would go to the monthly meeting to discuss. Alternatively, call one of the board members. The other lazy complainers just resort to email. In person discussion and/or phone calls get better response, just like it did before the internet.

Comment

From what I have seen, most town's board members fall into three categories, parents that want to genuinely help out the club and do what is best for all the players, parents that feel if they are on the board than it will help get their child on a team or on a higher team(either to play politics or to remove politics from the equation), and the High School Coaches that want to improve the youth soccer programs that feed into their schools. All three categories want to see the youth in there towns to improve as much as they possibly can, given the restrictions of what the club can provide. Generally they are all volunteer and no one gets paid. No one does this because they just have too much free time on their hands. They look at the emails and respond to calls as their day jobs permit, but they do respond, or at least every town I know does. Generally it is either the President or Registrar that ends up responding. Please list what town you are having issues with.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X