Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Soccer Needs to Add U16 DA for Boys - How do we do it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes it's so easy to land overseas work, uproot the whole family. That's why most who do it wait until they're 18. You can do lots of training there during the summer, however.
    Yes, only a few rich Newton parents can do this. If they want to do it that's fine but they should stop looking for validation here. Most parents think high school is a useful endeavor.

Comment

Yes, only a few rich Newton parents can do this. If they want to do it that's fine but they should stop looking for validation here. Most parents think high school is a useful endeavor.
      It's not their wealth, it's their second passport that does the trick

Why do you Pulisic played overseas as a 15 year old and Sargent had to wait until his 18th birthday. One had another Euro passport and the other didn't

Comment

Why do you Pulisic played overseas as a 15 year old and Sargent had to wait until his 18th birthday. One had another Euro passport and the other didn't
        Most people would think it's crazy to compare Revs rejects to the best USMNT player.

Comment

Most people would think it's crazy to compare Revs rejects to the best USMNT player.
          Not comparing players ability but rather their access to European training due to a second passport

But most people understood that ...

Comment

This is exactly right. Opportunities to play overseas is a good thing for players for all aspects of their emotional, academic and physical development.

Comment

Which Revs reject?

Comment

Girls GDA in the NE is joining EDP to run U16 teams, and I think they are in TX as well. I'm sure USSF will be watching it closely. I agree USSF probably wants to add them to keep more players in the system. Many DA clubs have B teams where cut players can stay in the hopes of making DA the next year, but some will leave because the writing is on the wall.
                See this link for the boys for next season:

https://www.edpsoccer.com/news_artic...rer_id=1249986

Comment

See this link for the boys for next season:

https://www.edpsoccer.com/news_artic...rer_id=1249986

That is a list of very strong clubs.
                  Massachusetts soccer clubs tried, briefly, to involve itself into the EDP but left quickly. Several clubs had teams in the league. Most was Valeo, but then after 'affiliating' with the Revs, and joining the NEP they left the EDP. The league was decent but in practice there was alot of travel and varying numbers of players would show up for away games.

Massachusetts, of all the states, is most involved in the NEP/NPL leagues and the NSL is about to disappear......meaning that the NEP/NPL will be excessively crowded without any real relegation or promotion schema. If adopted then they will become what everyone left.....MAPLE

Now clubs are looking at DA, ECNL or NEP/NPL. I wonder if the ECNL will expand next to involve NEFC and GPS.....perhaps not the latter since GPS seems to own the NEP/NPL

Comment

That is a list of very strong clubs.
                    Massachusetts soccer clubs tried, briefly, to involve itself into the EDP but left quickly. Several clubs had teams in the league. Most was Valeo, but then after 'affiliating' with the Revs, and joining the NEP they left the EDP. The league was decent but in practice there was alot of travel and varying numbers of players would show up for away games.

Massachusetts, of all the states, is most involved in the NEP/NPL leagues and the NSL is about to disappear......meaning that the NEP/NPL will be excessively crowded without any real relegation or promotion schema. If adopted then they will become what everyone left.....MAPLE

Now clubs are looking at DA, ECNL or NEP/NPL. I wonder if the ECNL will expand next to involve NEFC and GPS.....perhaps not the latter since GPS seems to own the NEP/NPL
                    They're all DA clubs! OF course they're "strong." That's the point. They're just playing under the EDP umbrella because EDP gave them a place to create this U16 league. EDP has been expanding, reshaping themselves up and down the Atlantic. No they're not big here but they are from CT down. One of EDPs assets vs NPL is you don't have to have a full bevy of teams to compete. It gives new or smaller clubs or clubs even a big club that have a small set of teams that fit into EDP a place to play. Top two divisions of EDP are very good; after that it's a cliff fall

Comment

The Point is US Soccer Needs to add u16 teams to DA

Your kid is with the wrong club. The clubs that actually care about development put teams in the pre-academy league at U16, and basically treat them as academy players, many back on the official academy team the folllowing year. Here's a list of those clubs:

usclub.demosphere.com/schedules/2017-18/88995865.html
                      Why put them down a year? Why frustrate them?

There is a lot of negative people out there on this Forum. I've heard the very same thing that MLS Professionals were good but would not be noticed at age 13 but become professionals at 21 and 22 after college. If a leading country in Soccer like Brazil feels it is too early to get rid of players because of their body development is not done, why would not US Soccer who could not even get in the World Cup go all out to keep the players going? I too feel US Soccer is failing and this is one area of many they are failing. If I am failing I look at all possibilities to improve and US Soccer is not. The DA Academies practice 4 days a week, they have video and they measure each player - it is very structured vs. pre-Academies only practice 3 days a week as a rule, no video and not as structured, lower level coaches.

Comment

Irma

Why put them down a year? Why frustrate them?

There is a lot of negative people out there on this Forum. I've heard the very same thing that MLS Professionals were good but would not be noticed at age 13 but become professionals at 21 and 22 after college. If a leading country in Soccer like Brazil feels it is too early to get rid of players because of their body development is not done, why would not US Soccer who could not even get in the World Cup go all out to keep the players going? I too feel US Soccer is failing and this is one area of many they are failing. If I am failing I look at all possibilities to improve and US Soccer is not. The DA Academies practice 4 days a week, they have video and they measure each player - it is very structured vs. pre-Academies only practice 3 days a week as a rule, no video and not as structured, lower level coaches.
                        You just don't want to say that your kid plays in pre-Academy. Europe has a separate age group for the U16s. Go there.

Comment

US Soccer Needs to Do Something for U16

You just don't want to say that your kid plays in pre-Academy. Europe has a separate age group for the U16s. Go there.
                          Exactly my point! So Europe and Brazil have separate categories for U16 and USA does not. US Soccer is failing!!!! All the best places to play have a U16 and we don't. THATS THE STORY WHY US SOCCER IS FAILING! Why send the boys overseas and only a small group can do that. I thought this new US Soccer administration was going to do something and we get the same old nothing out of them!

Comment

Exactly my point! So Europe and Brazil have separate categories for U16 and USA does not. US Soccer is failing!!!! All the best places to play have a U16 and we don't. THATS THE STORY WHY US SOCCER IS FAILING! Why send the boys overseas and only a small group can do that. I thought this new US Soccer administration was going to do something and we get the same old nothing out of them!
                            Not having U16s are about 9th of on list of why the US is failing in soccer.

Comment

Not having U16s are about 9th of on list of why the US is failing in soccer.
                              Agreed!
                              All US Soccer is doing is creating more academies. Not helping. Like at all. The competition is just dismal including our own teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X