Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My older D has had no practice since FL meanwhile my friends D has had scrimmages and indoor with stars.....
    Go play for Stars then

Comment

My older D has had no practice since FL meanwhile my friends D has had scrimmages and indoor with stars.....
      Been playing NEFC indoor since November. Good try

Comment

Damage control all you want but Nefc is spiraling down quickly on girls side. A lot people unhappy and the lack of direction is evident. The leadership is weak and the training is subpar. Both for goalies and field players.

Comment

This type of commentary is usually reserved for tryout time. Starting early this year?

Comment

Damage control all you want but Nefc is spiraling down quickly on girls side. A lot people unhappy and the lack of direction is evident. The leadership is weak and the training is subpar. Both for goalies and field players.
            My d has played for both clubs and I can honestly say there is zero difference. Both have good coaches and bad coaches, decent facilities, decent tournaments, good league options for a variety of talent. It's like picking chevy or Ford. Not luxurious but does the job.

No doubt there are groups in the club that are unhappy...just like any other club, it's going to happen. Nothing unique here

Comment

My d has played for both clubs and I can honestly say there is zero difference. Both have good coaches and bad coaches, decent facilities, decent tournaments, good league options for a variety of talent. It's like picking chevy or Ford. Not luxurious but does the job.

No doubt there are groups in the club that are unhappy...just like any other club, it's going to happen. Nothing unique here
              U17s are the team that is struggling some - middle of the pack in the NE while the other teams are #1. However, no team exactly lit it up in FL, which is a bigger indictment of the poor quality of NE competition. NEFC players certainly aren't the only ones questioning the sanity of GDA, not so much the club itself.

Comment

U17s are the team that is struggling some - middle of the pack in the NE while the other teams are #1. However, no team exactly lit it up in FL, which is a bigger indictment of the poor quality of NE competition. NEFC players certainly aren't the only ones questioning the sanity of GDA, not so much the club itself.
                True. If you look at other states threads it seems that GDA just isn’t working out for them. With the big expectation that NYCFC is pulling out, following Stars and PDA, what kind of competition will there be for these girls. Is it worth traveling to LI to play 3 very average to below average teams every other weekend?

Comment

What happened to mighty NEFC?
                  Female players that BB stole from FM all those years ago — and which constituted their signature team and girls-side marketing platform, what with their USYSA Championship and all — finally aged out. Emperor has not too many clothes any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                    True. If you look at other states threads it seems that GDA just isn’t working out for them. With the big expectation that NYCFC is pulling out, following Stars and PDA, what kind of competition will there be for these girls. Is it worth traveling to LI to play 3 very average to below average teams every other weekend?
                    Where did you hear NYCFC is pulling out?

Comment

All rumors but often times on TS smoke = fire

Comment

According to my friend who has a daughter on the team, Coach Tambi started his pre-season parent meeting with "this GDA program is going to be evaluated from year to year." Rumor has it that MLS teams are pulling out of the DA all together in the next 2 years, and NYCFC is dropping the girls program this coming year. From what I was told, the GDA team is not attracting enough talent, and it is competing with the host club World Class FC for players. Most players are choosing ECNL, and World Class is supposedly telling everyone ECNL is the way to go. Look at the standings on the younger teams. It seems WC kept all their strong 05 and 06 players, and the NYCFC team in that age group is struggling.
                        My friend is having his daughter train with the WC 05 team over the winter hoping to make the switch when the chips start to fall

Comment

According to my friend who has a daughter on the team, Coach Tambi started his pre-season parent meeting with "this GDA program is going to be evaluated from year to year." Rumor has it that MLS teams are pulling out of the DA all together in the next 2 years, and NYCFC is dropping the girls program this coming year. From what I was told, the GDA team is not attracting enough talent, and it is competing with the host club World Class FC for players. Most players are choosing ECNL, and World Class is supposedly telling everyone ECNL is the way to go. Look at the standings on the younger teams. It seems WC kept all their strong 05 and 06 players, and the NYCFC team in that age group is struggling.
                          My friend is having his daughter train with the WC 05 team over the winter hoping to make the switch when the chips start to fall
                          NYCFC GDA is also going to lose their fields next year. Needless to say field rentals in the area cost a fortune.

Comment

lol someone posted this on a NY thread on GDA

NEFC posts on every thread in every region. Apparently, they are master marketers. A friend who lives in the region pulled her daughter from the club because they only grabbed strong players from other clubs and did nothing to develop her. She is now going to the college of her dreams. Go figure.

Comment

lol someone posted this on a NY thread on GDA
                              Story checks out.

Comment

Story checks out.
                                Based on what? are you a WaPo reporter?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X