Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Interesting since the BDA is about to fold. Guess who’s last man standing?
    As it is written, so it will be. Too much smoke not be a dumpster fire.

Boys ECNL soon to be on par with Girls ECNL.

Both Boys & Girls ECNL will be the destination for players looking to continue their playing careers in College.

Comment

I agree. My child plays at a small club. She is one of the better players on her team (good team), she does not have to travel a lot and she gets a ton of playing time. Coach is very good and she is developing. She loves the the training with COE and she has no desire to switch clubs. She loves playing the game and I love supporting her passion for the game. She has good friends on her team and all is good. If she ever said she wanted to play at one of the big clubs I would support her but I really hope she never gets that bug.
      Here, Here.

Comment

I agree. My child plays at a small club. She is one of the better players on her team (good team), she does not have to travel a lot and she gets a ton of playing time. Coach is very good and she is developing. She loves the the training with COE and she has no desire to switch clubs. She loves playing the game and I love supporting her passion for the game. She has good friends on her team and all is good. If she ever said she wanted to play at one of the big clubs I would support her but I really hope she never gets that bug.
        Ditto. To each their own path. Our family too is following this recipe.

Comment

Ditto. To each their own path. Our family too is following this recipe.
          Think it’s great if she happy. The reality is that good players will eventually be found. You just might need to do more work to get found. The major advantage of the larger clubs is that you will get more options to choose from. The smaller clubs can get you to a good place. You likely won’t have as many choices or possibly the same offer. For some families, money isn’t an issue. For others, it is. To each their own.

Comment

Think it’s great if she happy. The reality is that good players will eventually be found. You just might need to do more work to get found. The major advantage of the larger clubs is that you will get more options to choose from. The smaller clubs can get you to a good place. You likely won’t have as many choices or possibly the same offer. For some families, money isn’t an issue. For others, it is. To each their own.
            And for many players that is perfectly fine - they're focused on academics, not playing at a top D1 program, and there are loads of great D3 academic schools in the area that are the target. Another recipe: college isn't the end goal. Not everyone wants to play in college or aren't making that a top priority. In that case all the travel and expense makes no sense at all. Do EDP or similar with a quality coach. With the early recruiting for girls they have be shoved into the meat grinder well before many are even certain they want to play in college. There's also the option of playing club in college - some club teams are quite competitive, they play other schools, travel, even have playoffs, without the full varsity commitment.

Comment

Some very straight talk, Bravo TS. Lot of BS on this site but also some quality info and knowledge. Let’s also point out the dirty little secret of the big clubs like CFC, Oakwood, etc...many of their players end up at very middle of the road college programs. You can usually count on one hand all the players (combined from big clubs) that play at quality DI programs that are not in CT coached by CT club or former CT club coach. Not saying anything is wrong with that but they market it like all the kids are going to UNC. Not really the case.

Comment

Some very straight talk, Bravo TS. Lot of BS on this site but also some quality info and knowledge. Let’s also point out the dirty little secret of the big clubs like CFC, Oakwood, etc...many of their players end up at very middle of the road college programs. You can usually count on one hand all the players (combined from big clubs) that play at quality DI programs that are not in CT coached by CT club or former CT club coach. Not saying anything is wrong with that but they market it like all the kids are going to UNC. Not really the case.
                My daughter is in similiar situation. She keeps getting better, small club, great coach. You don't always need the meatgrinder of big 3.

Comment

My daughter is in similiar situation. She keeps getting better, small club, great coach. You don't always need the meatgrinder of big 3.

I heard you are president of the meatgrinder club

Comment

Question Man Responds

So, did you think that was funny when you typed it?

Comment

this guy is sooooo funny!!! I really can't stop laughing. Wow, I love TS because it brings out the best in everyone.

Comment

Mid level clubs on rise are a much better choice for kids to get better. Can care less about big 3 or all wins . It should be about development of your child and building us soccer only. If they're progressing keep them where they're content.

Comment

Mid level clubs on rise are a much better choice for kids to get better. Can care less about big 3 or all wins . It should be about development of your child and building us soccer only. If they're progressing keep them where they're content.
                          mid level clubs usually sell out or merge and disappear when coaches take teams to other clubs

Comment

mid level clubs usually sell out or merge and disappear when coaches take teams to other clubs
                            Not so much. There's plenty of midlevel clubs that have been around for years and are doing just fine in their competitive levels. Disappearances are more often from mismanagement/incompetence. These guys aren't MBAs.

Comment

I bet you are each talking about clubs of different levels .... perhaps you should levelset first on the definition of a midlevel club and each provide examples from around CT.

Comment

I bet you are each talking about clubs of different levels .... perhaps you should levelset first on the definition of a midlevel club and each provide examples from around CT.
                                AC CT, Revolution, some (definitely not all) CFC branches, Yankee (was holding on but is floundering of late); BS has non BDA teams; South Central, Rush, Ginga, Everton. All have some solid players but not necessarily all solid teams. Most are in EDP pr NPL which is decent competition. But they've been around and don't seem to be going anywhere.

Anyway, that's who I think of but I'm not the two posters

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X