• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ^^very angry
    He's not angry, he's bitter.

Comment

Congrats to these boys for their recognition. That being said, I didn't see any of the All-Scholastic honorees mention a college commitment in their short bio. There are several from DA players and ISL players alike, from D3 to D1. There are several junior DA players that already have verbals. How do you explain that? Is it because college coaches simply don't attend high school games?
      Scouts at high school games? Just stop it.

My son played in front of 90+ college coaches a few weeks ago while those high school players were running indoor track or playing basketball.

There's nothing wrong with that, but the grumpy guy has no concept about the differences between high school and DA.

Comment

Scouts at high school games? Just stop it.

My son played in front of 90+ college coaches a few weeks ago while those high school players were running indoor track or playing basketball.

There's nothing wrong with that, but the grumpy guy has no concept about the differences between high school and DA.
        Jokes on you. Obvious not a lot of DA players going D 1! As I said laughable! It's actually pathetic! Where are the academy kids going?

Comment

Jokes on you. Obvious not a lot of DA players going D 1! As I said laughable! It's actually pathetic! Where are the academy kids going?
          There's a guy that puts a lot of work into the "Boys Soccer Verbal Commitments" thread. Try clicking on it.

Comment

There's a guy that puts a lot of work into the "Boys Soccer Verbal Commitments" thread. Try clicking on it.
            Exactly! You should try looking at it. Lots of kids! Most of them club dumbass!

Comment

You should have before posting this !

Comment

There are a few of the academy kids who just started playiing academy this fall. Not sure why they bothered switching.

Comment

ISL/Prep & club, not many public and club.

That's becasue the ISL has ACTUAL college showcases where college coaches ACTUALLY show up.

D1 out of a public high school is a real accomplishment because it's hard to be seen that way.

Comment

Congrats to these boys for their recognition. That being said, I didn't see any of the All-Scholastic honorees mention a college commitment in their short bio. There are several from DA players and ISL players alike, from D3 to D1. There are several junior DA players that already have verbals. How do you explain that? Is it because college coaches simply don't attend high school games?
                    College coaches haven't attended high school games in years. Unless your a d2/d3 local college. Most scouting happens in the spring. Just a question how many college coaches go to just watch a regular season DA game with just two teams playing? I'm sure it's not a lot.
                    Also doesn't seem like a rush on the boys side to make offers to players.
                    If you look on the girls side a good amount are already committed to play in college.

Comment

Just a question how many college coaches go to just watch a regular season DA game with just two teams playing?
                      This depends on the match up and location. Sometimes there are 4 or 5 and most times there are none. The coaches are usually pretty easy to spot. There are also National Team scouts at several matches per season.

Comment

Also doesn't seem like a rush on the boys side to make offers to players.
                        If you look on the girls side a good amount are already committed to play in college.
                        This is also true. Boys commit verbally during their junior year at the absolute earliest.

Comment

This is also true. Boys commit verbally during their junior year at the absolute earliest.
                          My kid committed to D1 verbally in the first month of his sophomore year.

Comment

My kid committed to D1 verbally in the first month of his sophomore year.
                            sure he did

Comment

My son just committed as well. He is currently 8 years old. Premier League is also calling.

Comment

sure he did
                                It is a top D1 program. He is getting a 90% ride for tuition and board. Contact made though a mutual friend, and all done with two unofficial campus visits and a handshake.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X