Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-17 wnt

The latest U17 NT camp roster lists 4 MA kids. Three 01s, and an 04. Two of the older kids have been in the mix for a long time, one is just a recent call up, but its really the 04 that puzzles me. I am sure she must be a great player, but my question is, do we really need to go all the way to 04 to find another forward? If this player is that much more talented than other 01s, 02s and 03s, why wasnt she called up earlier to play with this group. The WC is in a month. I know there have been injuries with this group, but to me it doesnt seem like the best plan to have the WC be the first time they play together as a group.

[QUOTE=UnregisteredThe latest U17 NT camp roster lists 4 MA kids. Three 01s, and an 04. Two of the older kids have been in the mix for a long time, one is just a recent call up, but its really the 04 that puzzles me. I am sure she must be a great player, but my question is, do we really need to go all the way to 04 to find another forward? If this player is that much more talented than other 01s, 02s and 03s, why wasnt she called up earlier to play with this group. The WC is in a month. I know there have been injuries with this group, but to me it doesnt seem like the best plan to have the WC be the first time they play together as a group.[/QUOTE]

Because she's that good. She has played up a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Because she's that good. She has played up a lot.
      and lets concede that point, that she is that good. why wait till now to call her up? it seems to me it would benefit the team to have played together more.

Comment

USSF need to promote younger players to show you how smart they are. Why is Mace on the full team tonight? Same principle.

Comment

you have to see her play to understand. She's small, so she doesn't go hard into tackles, and she doesn't defend. But if she gets the ball at her feet, watch out. I have no doubt she'll do just fine.

Comment

you have to see her play to understand. She's small, so she doesn't go hard into tackles, and she doesn't defend. But if she gets the ball at her feet, watch out. I have no doubt she'll do just fine.
            Yes, that kid is a wizard with the ball.

Comment

Yes, that kid is a wizard with the ball.
              Good luck to her and the rest of the mass players. Huge honor and opportunity to be considered for the world cup team

Comment

Good luck to her and the rest of the mass players. Huge honor and opportunity to be considered for the world cup team
                Good luck to them, looking forward to seeing our states best players compete with the world's best.

Comment

Good luck to them, looking forward to seeing our states best players compete with the world's best.
                  Right. How about 4 good players with the best connections in the state

Comment

Hard to argue that at this age connections play a huge part.

Comment

Same coach, same politics

Comment

If you think the 14-year-old is all about connections, and just "good," you're just being ridiculous.

Comment

If you think the 14-year-old is all about connections, and just "good," you're just being ridiculous.
                          The 14 year old is the exception.....The other three are NOT any better than the top girls at other teams. All about who you know for those three.

Comment

The 14 year old is the exception.....The other three are NOT any better than the top girls at other teams. All about who you know for those three.
                            Same tired argument. The three Stars girls are on there despite JD blowing up whatever US Soccer relationship he had. He is blackballed. Maybe they're good?
                            Why is there no NEFC girls after one year of ECNL and two years of DA? South Shore seems to have cracked the code.

Comment

This is U-17. Unless your kid has just crawled out from under a rock, they have been observed for at least 4 years. If they haven't been called up, they aren't as good as you think. Some call-ups are from connections, but they don't stick. If you're good enough, you get called.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X