Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    1. Increase the training days and time.
    2. Lower the overall money cost to families.
    3. Improve training “Opportunities”.
    4. More player appearances like Tobin Heath and Alex Morgan. Might as well invite Chris Ronaldo from Juventus.
    5. Train with Timbers first team, especially like Diego Valeri. He is good.
    6. Schedule more games to give kiddos more playing time.
    7. Consult more with parents on input for training and game day tactics. Some parents have super good ideas.
    8. Smile more often. It brings intense joy to those around you and will make you feel good and better about your situation wherever you are.

I’ll work and think of more ideas but wanted to publish my starting list as fast as I could.
    Disband it. This is dumb

Comment

4. More player appearances like Tobin Heath and Alex Morgan. Might as well invite Chris Ronaldo from Juventus.
      7. Consult more with parents on input for training and game day tactics. Some parents have super good ideas.
      8. Smile more often. It brings intense joy to those around you and will make you feel good and better about your situation wherever you are.

I’ll work and think of more ideas but wanted to publish my starting list as fast as I could.

#5 is a game changer. That might really help!

Comment

#5 is a game changer. That might really help!
        Disband it, dumb

Comment

Great ideas. I eagerly await more.

Comment

I vote for #4 and #5.

Comment

LOL.. this list is even funnier because some parents think their inputs for training and game day tactics should be considered.

Comment

Good ideas. Hopefully they make some changes.

Comment

LOL.. this list is even funnier because some parents think their inputs for training and game day tactics should be considered.
                  I for one have been to almost every Timbers game for the past two years so I think I know something about soccer formations and tactics.
                  I am sure my daughters coach appreciates the detailed emails I send after every game outlining suggestions and areas for improvement. Playing time for certain players is a huge area he needs to get better at. Formations and tactics are not good either. Communicating with parents is very poor. He never replies.

Comment

I for one have been to almost every Timbers game for the past two years so I think I know something about soccer formations and tactics.
                    I am sure my daughters coach appreciates the detailed emails I send after every game outlining suggestions and areas for improvement. Playing time for certain players is a huge area he needs to get better at. Formations and tactics are not good either. Communicating with parents is very poor. He never replies.
                    I am just an onlooker here, but I find so much conversation on this discussion of recent posts to be harmful and not helpful. Clearly, posters enjoy putting programs down, not in a constructive way, rather in a smug, sarcastic way. Recent posters appear to enjoy belittling others. Even though posters are anonymous, it does not change the impression. Negative feedback on this discussion trail only makes you look like small people. I highly anticipate a reply to this post with something like, “TS is never constructive or informative, wake up” or “Lighten up, take a joke, everyone needs an outlet” etc. However you personally justify your language, this is one reader that sees it for what it is, someone who takes joy/humor in sharing negativity. I do not anticipate this post will get folks to stop. Keep up the smallness, ahem, smugnesss, oh wait.. your fun.

Comment

if the coach doesn't reply, it is probably because they are taking your advice and working hard to modify game plans and training plans that sort of thing. If he is busy working to fulfill the changes, then cut him some slack. You might be surprised at the next game when your formations and line ups suddenly appear.

Comment

if the coach doesn't reply, it is probably because they are taking your advice and working hard to modify game plans and training plans that sort of thing. If he is busy working to fulfill the changes, then cut him some slack. You might be surprised at the next game when your formations and line ups suddenly appear.
                        I have always said we need to get more parents involved with coaching. Tactical decisions are hard. More brains is always better than 1 or 2. Sometimes parents know a lot more than you might think, so why not tap into that? It might help any team improve.

Comment

I have always said we need to get more parents involved with coaching. Tactical decisions are hard. More brains is always better than 1 or 2. Sometimes parents know a lot more than you might think, so why not tap into that? It might help any team improve.
                          This begs the obvious question why are you paying thousands to play in neighborhood? When a parent coach could do it better for free.

Comment

We need more parents to give input. It’s a good thing.

Comment

You only get the hand you’re dealt so suggestions on improvement are probably quite appreciated.

Comment

It’s a positive that you are getting involved. If more parents did this I think we may find that programs would improve across the board. Just settling is not a good course of action and seems lazy to me. Why would people want to do that?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X