Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Slammers were NOT one of the best DA clubs last year, Real Colorado was for us, eventual National champs, and they barely beat us, or more like we beat ourselves....
    Does it matter? Slammers has historically been a top club in the country as defined by their finish in the ECNL where all the other top clubs play. So an Oakwood parent’s opinion from a weekend sampling carries weight? Maybe you should take your little future National team kid and move to Colorado.

The GDA is toast around here. Stars and PDA out and NYCFC following suit. It doesn’t matter what’s going on in other parts of the country, it’s a smoldering pile here.

Comment

Slammers were NOT one of the best DA clubs last year, Real Colorado was for us, eventual National champs, and they barely beat us, or more like we beat ourselves....
      lol OW never gives up do they?

Comment

Does it matter? Slammers has historically been a top club in the country as defined by their finish in the ECNL where all the other top clubs play. So an Oakwood parent’s opinion from a weekend sampling carries weight? Maybe you should take your little future National team kid and move to Colorado.

The GDA is toast around here. Stars and PDA out and NYCFC following suit. It doesn’t matter what’s going on in other parts of the country, it’s a smoldering pile here.
        Saying we are with Oakwood is a big insult dude, we are with NYCFC, and my kid has already been to Carson CA, and has a D1 scholarship to a top school, so FÜck off.

Comment

Saying we are with Oakwood is a big insult dude, we are with NYCFC, and my kid has already been to Carson CA, and has a D1 scholarship to a top school, so FÜck off.
          Oh yeah, almost forgot FÜck the ECNL...

Comment

yup, CT NYCFC dad in da houz. You've developed quite a reputation dude. Take your blinders off.

Comment

The Slammers U18/19 team won the GDA National Championship, and their U16/17 team made it to the national semi-final. How were they NOT one of the best DA clubs last year? You must be smoking.

Comment

The Slammers U18/19 team won the GDA National Championship, and their U16/17 team made it to the national semi-final. How were they NOT one of the best DA clubs last year? You must be smoking.
                Two of their three teams won their division brackets as well, probably the toughest GDA division last year. Slammers basher has no idea what he's talking about. In fact one could argue that was the best club that left - top club in the top division, a division that is held out as a shining example of GDA.

NY board says Thorns are the next to go. That's another division that isn't very good and the travel is terrible - 4 teams in the Bay area, 3 in WA/OR and one in UT. Unless you've got all the time in the world (10 hours from SF to Portland), you're flying to non local games.

Comment

DA is dead. Boys side will get crushed once the MLS clubs all pull out. PDA on the boys side will 1st to go when MLS pulls their teams out.

Comment

Carson is a dump. Hope he made it out alive. And stay off the CT boards you jerkweed!!!!

Comment

So, your daughter's own club is dropping GDA--what does that tell you? Also, if she really is a YNT player, I'm pretty sure she'd be horrified that you're posting about her on TS...

Comment

Carson is a dump. Hope he made it out alive. And stay off the CT boards you jerkweed!!!!
                        Carson is a very unattractive place even though California is a stunning state to visit or live in. It might be the worst place in California unfortunately.

Thank you,
                        Juice

Comment

but CFC has most commitments in the state.

Comment

I do not think we know the reality behind slammers leaving regardless of what the DOC says. I agree they are one of the best clubs in the country, however I am skeptical that "the families wanted ECNL" being a reason they left or college exposure being better in ECNL vs. GDA. My daughter has played in both - the exposure is basically the same. Clubs like this do not ask families what they want. I guarantee if you ask the families/players they would say "our club made the decision and we are Ok with it". I believe it was a business decision (at the time the DOC was on the ECNL board of directors) not necessarily a soccer decision. If you look at the SOCAL Soccer forums they are debating if "DPL' which is GDA 2nd teams is a stronger league than ECNL from a local perspective. I do agree with sentiment that it does not really matter about other parts of the country. 75% of the games (that % is a guess) are the conference games so that is what is way more important.
                            On NYCFC have real parents been told by an official club source that they are out? It would not surprise me, but I question if this is actually verified. The NY thread seems to quote another board as the source and speculate the person who runs the board is in the know, but to me that is not really official.

Comment

I do not think we know the reality behind slammers leaving regardless of what the DOC says. I agree they are one of the best clubs in the country, however I am skeptical that "the families wanted ECNL" being a reason they left or college exposure being better in ECNL vs. GDA. My daughter has played in both - the exposure is basically the same. Clubs like this do not ask families what they want. I guarantee if you ask the families/players they would say "our club made the decision and we are Ok with it". I believe it was a business decision (at the time the DOC was on the ECNL board of directors) not necessarily a soccer decision. If you look at the SOCAL Soccer forums they are debating if "DPL' which is GDA 2nd teams is a stronger league than ECNL from a local perspective. I do agree with sentiment that it does not really matter about other parts of the country. 75% of the games (that % is a guess) are the conference games so that is what is way more important.
                              On NYCFC have real parents been told by an official club source that they are out? It would not surprise me, but I question if this is actually verified. The NY thread seems to quote another board as the source and speculate the person who runs the board is in the know, but to me that is not really official.
                              Well put, we are with NYCFC 03 team, and NO the club has no officially said anything, but if you read between the lines its 90% that we are leaving to go ECNL....

Comment

So, your daughter's own club is dropping GDA--what does that tell you? Also, if she really is a YNT player, I'm pretty sure she'd be horrified that you're posting about her on TS...
                                F_ck off, and stay off...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X