Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    doesn't beachside own land somewhere? Monroe?
    Deal fell apart.

Comment

Will Fairfield county parents still keep paying the 4K + for beachside without the DA badge? My guess is MK will finally succumb and try to merge with someone which will be so sweet to watch. Will prove everyone he couldn’t keep it going alone.
      BDA won't fold, but if MLS clubs pull out it is a severely weakened proposition. It becomes more like any other league. BS would struggle but other pay-to-play clubs could be ok. the league is one thing but combine it with poor coaching and bad customer service?

Comment

doesn't beachside own land somewhere? Monroe?
        Athens

Comment

BDA won't fold, but if MLS clubs pull out it is a severely weakened proposition. It becomes more like any other league. BS would struggle but other pay-to-play clubs could be ok. the league is one thing but combine it with poor coaching and bad customer service?
          If MLS pulls out, the BDA will fold. Why would USSF keep it going? As it stands now, most all of the YNT come out of MLS academies and European based players. Without MLS in BDA, there will be too little talent on display for USSF to spend time administering, monitoring and scouting the Tier II players that are left. Why bother? For what purpose?

Non pro BDAs in the US should focus on college as the "end game" ------ welcome boys ECNL.

Comment

Not sure if the end is near, but over the last five days several things have happened.

1) MLS potentially leaving DA
            2) EDP getting the okay from US soccer to have DA clubs participate in their showcases/tournaments
            3) Announcement that Minnesota Thunder Academy is leaving BDA for ECNL

http://www.boysecnl.com/2019/01/boys...019-20-season/

What will happen next. January is a little early to see such changes taking place for next season. Normally see these kind of announcements in April/May. I think the early leaking of information is meant to sway other clubs into pulling out of DA. Probably 1/3 to 1/2 of Boys DA clubs would be better suited to play in ECNL type league. MLS clubs have very different needs for their academy teams and holding up the DA program is not their goal.

I think 4-6 more clubs like Minnesota will leave DA for next season.

The real question is will MLS Clubs pull out or force a drastic change to how the DA operates. MLS Academy teams make DA a somewhat legit program. With out them, why bother.
            Minnesota is one of the worst teams in Mid-America division. No wonder they want to leave BDA they can be the top team in Boys ECNL. I wonder if they suspect the DA will start dropping the weakest performers due to MLS team pressure/ultimatum and want to jump whilie they ca. If 4-6 more clubs like this leave BDA I guess the MLS DA teams will be happy

Comment

Minnesota is one of the worst teams in Mid-America division. No wonder they want to leave BDA they can be the top team in Boys ECNL. I wonder if they suspect the DA will start dropping the weakest performers due to MLS team pressure/ultimatum and want to jump whilie they ca. If 4-6 more clubs like this leave BDA I guess the MLS DA teams will be happy
              Exactly - they blurted out "I Quit" as soon as they walked into the room where they'd have been told "You're Fired!"

Comment

Spin alert.

MTA got out now bc they know soon it will be a mad scramble and wanted to make sure they had a place when the music stopped.

Comment

You mean clubs like Oakwood?

Comment

Spin alert.

MTA got out now bc they know soon it will be a mad scramble and wanted to make sure they had a place when the music stopped.

If you look at the DA club map for Mid-America thats a heck of alot of travel. If one or two more leave in Mid-america The whole divison crumbles overnight. A well played Chess move on MTA part.

Comment

If you look at the DA club map for Mid-America thats a heck of alot of travel. If one or two more leave in Mid-america The whole divison crumbles overnight. A well played Chess move on MTA part.
                      Bingo

Comment

Another region with some very mediocre clubs. MTA was a bottom-of-the-rankings club so another league is probably a better fit for the level of players they have as well as (probably) less travel. But yes, a few more bail out and it's game over there as well. Lot's of squaking on the FL board as well. Playing the 5 FL clubs isn't bad, but then it's hauling up to Atlanta and NC for th other 4 clubs. From Tampa to Atlanta is a 7hour drive and Charlotte is 10 hours.

Comment

The Northeast has room for 1 more club and it will be joining the league next season. 15 teams will go to 16 next year without question.

Comment

The Northeast has room for 1 more club and it will be joining the league next season. 15 teams will go to 16 next year without question.
                            And who will that be? What quality clubs are there left that also want it? Adding another poor club doesnt do anyone any good except more market share for BDA. Meanwhile there are a few that shouldn't be there but no way BDA kicks anyone out right now.

Comment

What league specifically are you talking about? Girls? Boys?

Comment

And who will that be? What quality clubs are there left that also want it? Adding another poor club doesnt do anyone any good except more market share for BDA. Meanwhile there are a few that shouldn't be there but no way BDA kicks anyone out right now.
                                The OP wasn’t clear in what they were talking about, but can’t be talking about Northeast BDA. There aren’t 15 teams in NE BDA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X