Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    is anyone here not arguing that the site is pretty much a joke? My kid is ranked on there. We've never paid a dime to any subscription soccer site. She became "ranked" after one of the events that she played in last year as did a few of her club teammates. The reporter from TDS watched a game they played against a highly ranked team. He also wrote an article about it but we never read it because.......wait for it.....it cost $$$

Everyone is after your money in youth soccer. I followed New England Soccer Journal on twitter. Decent content that was probably a bit prep school and DA biased but good coverage. But it was a bait and switch as they then wanted a monthly fee . No thanks!
    excuse me but your kid is ranked how? has some stars or is in the top 150 ?

Comment

think you need to separate BOYS and GIRLS. stop what? its a PAID service. you are a consumer. Dont buy it. But the people producing it are not stupid. they get most of the universe of players correct.
      If I only looked at DA programs and US NT players, I would come to the conclusion that 4 star players only came from the US. They get very little correct, but I guess you were happy with your kids ranking. Wouldn't it say something if it actually had merit?

Comment

think you need to separate BOYS and GIRLS. stop what? its a PAID service. you are a consumer. Dont buy it. But the people producing it are not stupid. they get most of the universe of players correct.
        How can they get most of the universe correct if they only have a few scouts to cover the top two leagues? It doesn't begin to to cover the universe, just the universe they chose to examine and those whose parents send in material.

Comment

How can they get most of the universe correct if they only have a few scouts to cover the top two leagues? It doesn't begin to to cover the universe, just the universe they chose to examine and those whose parents send in material.
          You honestly think Top Drawer has scouts? Really?

It’s all done by algorithm based on your highest level and other levels achieved

Comment

You honestly think Top Drawer has scouts? Really?

It’s all done by algorithm based on your highest level and other levels achieved
            They have a handful, I've seen them. But that's it. It's comical to think they can rank that many players - just in ECNL and GDA alone it's an impossible task.

Comment

They have a handful, I've seen them. But that's it. It's comical to think they can rank that many players - just in ECNL and GDA alone it's an impossible task.
              They are focus on the decile of players. Should player 1 be a four or five star. That’s it.

Most of the heavy lifting is done by algorithm. Only way the system works

Comment

And they run from game to game at showcases, maybe seeing 5 minutes of game time from each one. Then articles get written that are reflective of whatever happened in those 10 minutes. Write ups of my kid's games were comical.

Comment

If I only looked at DA programs and US NT players, I would come to the conclusion that 4 star players only came from the US. They get very little correct, but I guess you were happy with your kids ranking. Wouldn't it say something if it actually had merit?
                  nope. Unlike some here I dont need the validation. TDS are a business. I wish them well.

Comment

Incorrect. Please point out the glaring omissions please. and I dont mean I think this kid should be #30 and she is # 148. in the scheme of things, that is irrelevant

Comment

They are focus on the decile of players. Should player 1 be a four or five star. That’s it.

Most of the heavy lifting is done by algorithm. Only way the system works
                      They leverage a large network of coaches. Its not rocket science. its an opinion and by and large they done miss that many players.

Comment

They leverage a large network of coaches. Its not rocket science. its an opinion and by and large they done miss that many players.
                        My kid plays mid level D1 now...was never even on TDS, not one star. High level club, loads of HS accolades, newspaper articles etc that I didn't send because they weren't have any problem getting recruited.

Comment

My kid plays mid level D1 now...was never even on TDS, not one star. High level club, loads of HS accolades, newspaper articles etc that I didn't send because they weren't have any problem getting recruited.
                          Friends daughter from another state was recruited by top 10 soccer schools. Had 3 stars on TDS. Currently at a great school and soccer powerhouse getting playing time and money. So TDS at least had her on their radar, but their ranking was off. From a recruiting standpoint she was clearly a top recruit for coaches at great soccer schools but only with 3 stars on TDA.

Comment

I don't think *anyone* has claimed TDS is pinpoint accurate. I know there are kids recruited to good D1 schools who aren't listed. And I'm certain some kids who are rated 3 stars maybe should have 4 stars, or 2 stars. However it is a broad indicator. A 3 star player probably isn't a crap player.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X