Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Put her in a Sewing, Knitting class, she'll be much more at home.
    Sue a teacher who cuts students’ hair or a coach who breaks the spirit.

Comment

Put her in a Sewing, Knitting class, she'll be much more at home.
      Agree with the

Comment

Lol,ain't that the truth. Good advice
        That's one of the many positives of this
        Site ! Good advice by many people.

Comment

to the poster - as you can see there's lots of aholes on this site who think it's ok for a coach to scream and holler and suck the love of the game out of a player. It isn't, especially if they're younger than high school age. If you're asking for advice you probably deep down already know the answer. Since it's mid season you'll probably have to stick it out so try and help your daughter find ways to cope with him. Be objective and see if there are certain things she needs to work on. Maybe he will actually get better. But early spring start looking at alternatives for next year.

Comment

Must be some sorry loud mouth coaches on here. Find a better teacher if the current one is not skilled enough to teach without that nonsense.

Comment

Must be some sorry loud mouth coaches on here. Find a better teacher if the current one is not skilled enough to teach without that nonsense.
              Or parents that think it's ok to scream all the time because they do it themselves

Comment

to the poster - as you can see there's lots of aholes on this site who think it's ok for a coach to scream and holler and suck the love of the game out of a player. It isn't, especially if they're younger than high school age. If you're asking for advice you probably deep down already know the answer. Since it's mid season you'll probably have to stick it out so try and help your daughter find ways to cope with him. Be objective and see if there are certain things she needs to work on. Maybe he will actually get better. But early spring start looking at alternatives for next year.
                I guess you think we have to agree with you and the OP to avoid ahole status. I don’t know what level of play we are talking about here but parents who think everything is negotiable with coaches are wrong, and part of the problem with competitive soccer. I agree if he has to yell so much there is a problem but I believe it probably is a two way street. And if a parent is asking for advice here, maybe they need to be able to absorb some criticism or feedback contrary to their self-serving ideas...maybe like the player in the OP.

Comment

I guess you think we have to agree with you and the OP to avoid ahole status. I don’t know what level of play we are talking about here but parents who think everything is negotiable with coaches are wrong, and part of the problem with competitive soccer. I agree if he has to yell so much there is a problem but I believe it probably is a two way street. And if a parent is asking for advice here, maybe they need to be able to absorb some criticism or feedback contrary to their self-serving ideas...maybe like the player in the OP.
                  Criticism and feedback are great. That is what the parents are paying for. Spirit breaking is bs and is poor coaching and won't help the kid, the team or the coach.

Comment

Criticism and feedback are great. That is what the parents are paying for. Spirit breaking is bs and is poor coaching and won't help the kid, the team or the coach.
                    That is it in a nutshell!

Comment

That is it in a nutshell!
                      Yeah, and everyone gets orange slices, a capri-sun and a trophy.

Comment

Yeah, and everyone gets orange slices, a capri-sun and a trophy.
                        The dumb trophy myth. The kids don't care about the trophies. They throw them out. They want to learn and improve. Not get yelled at by some loud mouth poor quality coach who tries to cover up for their inadequacies by *itching about the families.

Comment

The dumb trophy myth. The kids don't care about the trophies. They throw them out. They want to learn and improve. Not get yelled at by some loud mouth poor quality coach who tries to cover up for their inadequacies by *itching about the families.
                          I really dont have a dog in this race but I see it like going to a Restaurant and hating the food you get. One option is to complain to the cook and others. The other option is to go to a different Restaurant and stop complaining about the first one.

Comment

I really dont have a dog in this race but I see it like going to a Restaurant and hating the food you get. One option is to complain to the cook and others. The other option is to go to a different Restaurant and stop complaining about the first one.
                            Need a better example. Players and families get locked into contracts and it is not easy to go down the street to try another.

Comment

Need a better example. Players and families get locked into contracts and it is not easy to go down the street to try another.
                              They can get out of it. I have done it.

Comment

Some of the younger tikes do take pride in earning a trophy or medal. It is a concrete symbol of their hard work and completing the season or the team doing well in a tournament. Kids don't need extrinsic motivation but it is almost marketing for the clubs by giving the kids a hook to keep playing. But as they get older the medals and trophies get placed in plastic containers and don't mean much.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X