Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They were arrogant and now get what they deserve. The result, they screwed over a generation of girls soccer.
    Agreed. Their hubris and power hunger has only hurt the players and created more frustration with parents. Even college coaches are scratching their heads trying to figure out where to prioritize.

Comment

Agreed. Their hubris and power hunger has only hurt the players and created more frustration with parents. Even college coaches are scratching their heads trying to figure out where to prioritize.
      Lets not forget quality control. They did not take into consideration the quality of the organizations that were going to allow to wear the DA badge. Soon the NE will be paying the same expensive cost for playing the local teams they used to play for free.

Comment

It's possible for an elite player to have school spirit.
        where did it say they didn't ? of course it is. does not change the accuracy of the post

Comment

Lets not forget quality control. They did not take into consideration the quality of the organizations that were going to allow to wear the DA badge. Soon the NE will be paying the same expensive cost for playing the local teams they used to play for free.
          Spot on. they allowed their biggest competitor to determine the quality of the USSF product. Classic Trojan horse. Undermined from within.

the main point is most Clubs are not in the business of really developing players. the comments above about more subsidizing make no sense. the initial estimates of elite players - lets be generous and say its 10 across the whole club - suggest it would be even crazier for the USSF to spend money in this area. They would be better off spending that money elsewhere

Comment

Listen you chronic wankers, here is the true assessment:

NYCFC GDA
            2001/00. 6
            2003/02. 12
            2004. 7
            2005. 5

Y’all just little jealous bitches
            CT NYCFC dad in 'da house!!! 12 elite players? I take it that they have never allowed a goal and have won every game quite handily.

Comment

Listen you chronic wankers, here is the true assessment:

NYCFC GDA
              2001/00. 6
              2003/02. 12
              2004. 7
              2005. 5

Y’all just little jealous bitches
              Wow... how does NYCFC manage with all of their "elite" players taking time away to play for the YNT? Must be crazy to have so many kids from one club on those teams... oh, wait...

Comment

Wow... how does NYCFC manage with all of their "elite" players taking time away to play for the YNT? Must be crazy to have so many kids from one club on those teams... oh, wait...
                Subs cover and do great. Good teams with lots of great players. Too bad it is over but it was fun while it lasted.

Comment

Subs cover and do great. Good teams with lots of great players. Too bad it is over but it was fun while it lasted.
                  Agreed, it was a short but sweet moment in the universe, but as stars explode so shall this too, but always remember we are all made of stars....

Comment

Funny... I don't see any of those 12 NYCFC 02/03 players on the current U-18 roster that's headed to England. I do see a World Class player and a 2004 from Massachusetts... How did they miss all of those girls playing in GDA? The 2004 plays on an NPL team and beat out all of your "elites"?

Comment

Funny... I don't see any of those 12 NYCFC 02/03 players on the current U-18 roster that's headed to England. I do see a World Class player and a 2004 from Massachusetts... How did they miss all of those girls playing in GDA? The 2004 plays on an NPL team and beat out all of your "elites"?
                      What are you talking about? Just because a kid is not some freak of nature going to play in England for the national team does not mean they are not talented. There are many other talented players at nycfc and WC and lots of other places.

Comment

What are you talking about? Just because a kid is not some freak of nature going to play in England for the national team does not mean they are not talented. There are many other talented players at nycfc and WC and lots of other places.
                        Yes--many TALENTED players in GDA/ECNL, etc. To say that there are 12 ELITE players on one NYCFC team is just silly. Unless you don't understand the meaning of the word "elite".

Comment

This place is too....BUILD THE WALL..for me, I’m out yo...hope we never meet

Comment

Yes--many TALENTED players in GDA/ECNL, etc. To say that there are 12 ELITE players on one NYCFC team is just silly. Unless you don't understand the meaning of the word "elite".
                            Totally ridiculous, there are 13.

Comment

This place is too....BUILD THE WALL..for me, I’m out yo...hope we never meet
                              You might be too sensitive for TS...

Comment

Totally ridiculous, there are 13.
                                Once you out on the kit with the NYCFC logo, you become elite. It's sorcery...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X