Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Do you read? You should try it before you make a fool of yourself. They were trying to fly commercial to AFGHANISTAN. It's easy to cover up a trip to Belgium with lots of flights and various routes to get there. Not so much to Afghanistan.
    Yes I do and because I do I know where Pelosi was going. She was headed to Brussels then Astan and then Iraq
    You need to get your info from more than one source and not scream Fool from your first syllable
    Too funny

Comment

Question Man Responds

Fact: white people are treated differently.

By whom?

Are they treated differently by white people? How so and in relation or comparison to what?

Are they treated differently by black people? How so and in relation or comparison to what?

Are they treated differently by Asian people? How so and in relation or comparison to what?

Are they treated differently by brown people? How so and in relation or comparison to what?

Comment

Question Man Responds

100%correct
        We are called racist- people of color apparently can’t be
        We don’t get extra points on tests
        We don’t benefit from affirmative action for college and for jobs
        We get blamed for just about everything , apparently we stole everything and are destroying everything in the whole Fn world
        Who says that people of color cannot be racists and called so when it is evident? Are you caving into political correctness with that comment?

What tests? How easy is it just to throw out such generalizations without evidence? Isn't that what internet trolls do?

And what prompted the initial need for programs like affirmative action? Are you denying the historical evidence and data that showed a clear bias to hiring white people before and for many years after the Civil Rights Act of 1964? Are you denying that colleges used to ban people of color from admittance because of their race? Do you think those issues would have remedied themselves without such programs to drive towards equality?

Would you deny history and ignore the expansion of the British during their colonial period, thus introducing a predominantly white and western valued culture into places like Australia, New Zealand, North Africa, India and North America? In all those cases, did it not require the "white" expansion to force out or subjugate the existing peoples living there? And were not most of these people black, brown, yellow or some other color than white? Did no the same thing happen with the French and Spanish expansions as well?
        So is there not at least some historical truth to the statement that white people stole a whole lot from others? Would white privilege even exist had this not happened?

Comment

Who says that people of color cannot be racists and called so when it is evident? Are you caving into political correctness with that comment?

What tests? How easy is it just to throw out such generalizations without evidence? Isn't that what internet trolls do?

And what prompted the initial need for programs like affirmative action? Are you denying the historical evidence and data that showed a clear bias to hiring white people before and for many years after the Civil Rights Act of 1964? Are you denying that colleges used to ban people of color from admittance because of their race? Do you think those issues would have remedied themselves without such programs to drive towards equality?

Would you deny history and ignore the expansion of the British during their colonial period, thus introducing a predominantly white and western valued culture into places like Australia, New Zealand, North Africa, India and North America? In all those cases, did it not require the "white" expansion to force out or subjugate the existing peoples living there? And were not most of these people black, brown, yellow or some other color than white? Did no the same thing happen with the French and Spanish expansions as well?
          So is there not at least some historical truth to the statement that white people stole a whole lot from others? Would white privilege even exist had this not happened?
          An eye for an eye. I get it. So sometime in the far future we can have affirmative action for white people after they have been oppressed enough. In your opinion it is ok to be racist as long as the group you are against has done more wrong IN THE PAST than your group. Anyone with the same skin color that has oppressed generations past should pay the price. You probably agree with new policies of SA too. Everyone must be judged not for who they are but for the color of their skin and what others with the same skin color have done througout history. From wikipedia:

Post-Apartheid racism

Racial populism and anti-white sentiment is an increasing worry in post-Apartheid South Africa. According to R.W. Johnson, although post-Apartheid South Africa initially strove to be a non-racial dispensation under President Nelson Mandela, subsequent presidents Thabo Mbeki and Jacob Zuma both mobilised anti-white sentiment in order to maintain political power.[61]

It has been claimed that racism against white people goes largely ignored in South Africa, and that political parties like the African National Congress (ANC) and the Economic Freedom Fighters foment discontent and racial animosity for political purposes.[62][63] The scapegoating of white South Africans has been likened to Afrikaner antisemitism during Apartheid, which was used to consolidate racial identity.[64]

Gwen Ngwenya has accused South Africans of "hypocrisy and dishonesty of treating black South Africans as the victims", noting that racism aimed at white people elicits little reaction from the populace.[65] A comparative study by trade union Solidarity confirmed that South African media give more attention to black-on-white racism; it also found that the South African Human Rights Commission is much more likely to self-initiate investigations into white-on-black racism, and is more lenient in cases of black-on-white racism.[66]

Ed Herbst claims that public broadcaster SABC's coverage of racism is skewed so as to portray white South Africans, particularly Afrikaners, as racist oppressors, and black South Africans as their victims.[67] Farm invasions, torture, and murders, the victims of which are predominantly white, receive little attention or government response.[68][69]

In 2017, ANC officials in government positions began to directly target white people with threats in official speeches.[70][71] South Africa also set a requirement that 30% of all mines be black owned.[72]

Racially-motivated attacks on Somalis also occur often and since 2002 more than 1500 Somalis have been killed violently in South Africa, many have been burned alive, others stoned to death or hacked with machetes after their shops have been looted, this is part of the local political culture according to Loren B. Landau and Jean Pierre Misago, researchers at the Center for Migration and Society at the University of Witwatersrand.[73]

Comment

By whom?

Are they treated differently by white people? How so and in relation or comparison to what?

Are they treated differently by black people? How so and in relation or comparison to what?

Are they treated differently by Asian people? How so and in relation or comparison to what?

Are they treated differently by brown people? How so and in relation or comparison to what?
            My son's friends started a student organization on his campus for kids of his race to get other students like him to get to know each other and socialize. Is that OK?

Comment

well my kids don't get extra points on tests and asian kids get points deducted
              i don't get points added for job quals based on race
              my kids don't get the benefits of affirmative action-i don't deny the need in the past for it not sure it still needs to be viable but we can argue that my kids are treated differently than others as far as admission to college based on race
              I am not English,French or Spanish so if you have a problem with what they did take it out on their kids and also you are free to go back to the way things were before they made any improvements to those cultures
              I will take the hit for American expansion during my lifetime

seems to me there is a whole lot of Black privilege and you're still whining that life aint fair,maybe its just you

Comment

My son's friends started a student organization on his campus for kids of his race to get other students like him to get to know each other and socialize. Is that OK?
                depends what race these days

Comment

depends what race these days
                  Regardless of race, should it be OK? Why can't every race of kids start their own groups to hang out and segregate themselves?

Comment

Question Man Responds

Why would that not be OK? Where have I suggested opposition to any kind of social groups? Do they stand opposed to kids of other ethnic groups doing the same?

Did I ask my question because I agreed with the posters contention on what was a fact? Or did I pose my questions to point out that how one group is treated by another group is all about culture and context? Do I feel white people in general treat me one way as opposed to how black or brown treat me? Do I treat them generally different from each other as well? Are we speaking on the broadest level or are we speaking to the individual relationships I have with each person, regardless of skin color? At what level are you speaking here?

Comment

Question Man Responds

well my kids don't get extra points on tests and asian kids get points deducted
                      i don't get points added for job quals based on race
                      my kids don't get the benefits of affirmative action-i don't deny the need in the past for it not sure it still needs to be viable but we can argue that my kids are treated differently than others as far as admission to college based on race
                      I am not English,French or Spanish so if you have a problem with what they did take it out on their kids and also you are free to go back to the way things were before they made any improvements to those cultures
                      I will take the hit for American expansion during my lifetime

seems to me there is a whole lot of Black privilege and you're still whining that life aint fair,maybe its just you
                      Could it be that I just don't like us to forget history as we try to make sense of the present? Is it possible that we agree on the changing need for some social programs as we become hopefully, a more enlightened and inclusive society? Do some doubt my belief that "merit" should be the ultimate decider in filling opportunity?

Do we agree that the expansion of those empires and the resulting impact it had on indigenous peoples and culture, regardless of nation expanding, was a "white" expansion? Was it not the same here in North America as white people expanded and a predominantly white oriented culture initially developed across this nation? Was this bad or good? Haven I said one way or the other or am I just seeking an acknowledgement that a white privileged culture came out of that in the first couple of centuries?

Now why does the pendulum swing the other way, driven by legislation and a progressive mindset in the rising young voices, seem too excessive? Where is the proper point of balance in our society on these things? Do I look always to the Constitution for the answer?

Comment

Trump was always complaining the polls were rigged against him. But it turns out he was rigging them himself. lol lol lol lol. Michael Cohen's payment to a polling group (cash, in a Walmart bag) may be another campaign violation.

Comment

Regardless of race, should it be OK? Why can't every race of kids start their own groups to hang out and segregate themselves?
                          All black dorms at UConn were a good idea to some. Try creating all white dorms.

Comment

Trump was always complaining the polls were rigged against him. But it turns out he was rigging them himself. lol lol lol lol. Michael Cohen's payment to a polling group (cash, in a Walmart bag) may be another campaign violation.
                            So funny. Of course he thinks polls are rigged since that is how he operated. Surely we can ind a better Republican.. This guy is a joke.

Comment

Why would that not be OK? Where have I suggested opposition to any kind of social groups? Do they stand opposed to kids of other ethnic groups doing the same?

Did I ask my question because I agreed with the posters contention on what was a fact? Or did I pose my questions to point out that how one group is treated by another group is all about culture and context? Do I feel white people in general treat me one way as opposed to how black or brown treat me? Do I treat them generally different from each other as well? Are we speaking on the broadest level or are we speaking to the individual relationships I have with each person, regardless of skin color? At what level are you speaking here?
                              It's ok for minorities to say and do whatever because they were repressed 200 years ago and are still trying to recover but white males can lose their jobs and credibility if they think non PC thoughts.

Comment

So funny. Of course he thinks polls are rigged since that is how he operated. Surely we can ind a better Republican.. This guy is a joke.
                                will you guys ever learn? how many times has the media fed you something juicy for you to swallow and it turns out to be a turd sandwich- this time is no different
                                they fed ,you swallowed and now for the turd
                                Mueller said its total BS

how many times are you going to bite the hook?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X