Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danone

Our coach held a parent meeting and, among other things, asked about going to Disney Memorial Weekend to compete in the Danone Tournament. He said it was just for our age group, and I wonder if that is true. A tournament just for U12? He also said most teams put together All-Star teams, but that we were going with what we have. Any constructive thoughts on this? (Really not interested in negativity or ‘that’s a rec. tournament’...My son is excited, but I don’t really know what to make of it.)

Danone

And apparently they play 8v8..?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Our coach held a parent meeting and, among other things, asked about going to Disney Memorial Weekend to compete in the Danone Tournament. He said it was just for our age group, and I wonder if that is true. A tournament just for U12? He also said most teams put together All-Star teams, but that we were going with what we have. Any constructive thoughts on this? (Really not interested in negativity or ‘that’s a rec. tournament’...My son is excited, but I don’t really know what to make of it.)
      Yes, yes, and yes

Just U12, 8v8, and I am sure some teams probably build an allstar team. there is a roster size limit (13, I believe) so if your team has too many, someone will be left off.

This is an experience. Nothing more, nothing less. Its not like LLWS for baseball. Hope he has enjoys it. If you win at Disney you get to rep the US against other countries. Not sure what country is hosting but it might be posted already. Danone does pay for the kids and coaches to travel. Parents not so much.

Comment

It's real. It is a bracket within the much larger Disney tournament so it isn't a U12 only event, just a U12 only bracket. The larger clubs might pull together an "All Star" squad from there campuses and some of the other teams seem to bring a guest or two, but bravo to your coach for going with what he has and keeping it more about the experience for the kids. It is weird that it was 8v8 when US Soccer moved to 9v9. Not sure if that has changed in the last year or two. But otherwise, it is a good event. Of course, because it is Disney, parents have to pay to watch their kids play

Comment

danone cup is dead, there will be no danone this year.

Comment

u12 da palyed in it last year

Comment

The bracket is canceled!? ?

Comment

100% confirmed. no danone this year in memorial weekend

Comment

Is the Danone been played on other dates?

Comment

The best part is that

Comment

The best part of waking up is

Comment

Good but needs more levels

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X