Are college id camps worth it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have the link to a website with n ID clinic locator? I found it awhile age and for the life of me cannot find (or Google it) now.

You could put in the name of the school and it would come back with id clinic dates. Very handy.

As for the topic of this thread, 9th grade seems too young, unless your son is already on the national team (and then it wouldn't be necessary anyway).

My son did a couple after 9th grade to get his feet wet; even that was a bit early. At one a high d3 coach coached my son's team and afterward told my son he was in their player pool. (Yes, I understand they probably have 1,000 kids in that pool, but it was good to be noticed, and not something we were planning on). But that is kind of serendipitous.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Does anyone have the link to a website with n ID clinic locator? I found it awhile age and for the life of me cannot find (or Google it) now.

You could put in the name of the school and it would come back with id clinic dates. Very handy.

As for the topic of this thread, 9th grade seems too young, unless your son is already on the national team (and then it wouldn't be necessary anyway).

My son did a couple after 9th grade to get his feet wet; even that was a bit early. At one a high d3 coach coached my son's team and afterward told my son he was in their player pool. (Yes, I understand they probably have 1,000 kids in that pool, but it was good to be noticed, and not something we were planning on). But that is kind of serendipitous.
      It's more reliable to look at each school's website.

BTW your kid should be doing that, not you

Comment

It's more reliable to look at each school's website.

BTW your kid should be doing that, not you
        Yeah perhaps find schools that interest them and then look for the camps of those schools ..... Don't shop schools on those garbage I'd clinic sites you damned fool.

Comment

Yeah perhaps find schools that interest them and then look for the camps of those schools ..... Don't shop schools on those garbage I'd clinic sites you damned fool.
          No kidding, that in fact is what the website I'm looking for helps you do.

Comment

No kidding, that in fact is what the website I'm looking for helps you do.
            You're still not getting it. Those aggregation sites are anything but all inclusive and are often very wrong. First priority is to have your son compile a list of target schools based on academic and soccer fit (hopefully as a family you have talked about soccer fit with your club coach or doc. If you haven't do that first before anything else). Don't go scatter-shot. Then have him - not you - look at each school's websites for ID clinic information. If a school doesn't have an ID event listed have him - not you - write the coach and ask. Don't waste time and $ with multi school ID clinics. They seem more efficient but they tend to be attended by assistant coaches who aren't the decision makers. They also tend to be multiday and very expensive. They only make sense is if a smaller school he's interested will be there and they don't run their own event.

Comment

D3 schools have every soccer player in their player pool but they are the last to get to pick simply because they have less to offer(ie. no scholarships)
              it is good to be noticed as the coach didnt have to say anything
              good luck and its not a bad thing to have options

Comment

https://www.collegeidcamps.net/
                Is that it?
                I'm not sure what this site is trying to sell. I ignore all the ads and just pull up links to schools' id camp websites. It isn't kept up to date very well, but I find it useful to find links to just about every school of interest.

Comment

https://www.collegeidcamps.net/
                  Is that it?
                  I'm not sure what this site is trying to sell. I ignore all the ads and just pull up links to schools' id camp websites. It isn't kept up to date very well, but I find it useful to find links to just about every school of interest.
                  Thanks! That's exactly what I meant, though it isn't the same site.

To the "you're still not getting it" poster -- feel better about yourself now? That being said, you do offer good general advice despite your tone. I have been through this once and now a second time.

Comment

Thanks! That's exactly what I meant, though it isn't the same site.

To the "you're still not getting it" poster -- feel better about yourself now? That being said, you do offer good general advice despite your tone. I have been through this once and now a second time.
                    This also may be helpful:
                    http://www.elitecollegesports.com/me...inics-soccer-m

Comment

Sorry just noticed that it hasn't been updated for 2019 but eventually it will be and it's a good resource.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X