Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    These kids are scouted by US scouts at DA league games and recommended by coaches and academy directors to participate. There is no walk on's or crazy parent involvement allowed. This is the major draw for playing DA especially in a non MLS academy. It is a selection process to get to a larger tryout and then possibly a call up to an official team camp.
    Stats done lie these jokers that they call goalies gave up more goals in a game than my son did at middle school and his Seminole soccer last year. To top it off he was asked to try out for a national team to play in paris

Comment

Stats done lie these jokers that they call goalies gave up more goals in a game than my son did at middle school and his Seminole soccer last year. To top it off he was asked to try out for a national team to play in paris
      Call US soccer HQ in Chicago. Ask for Greg Berhalter at extension 1289. He can help your son get a tryout.

Comment

Call US soccer HQ in Chicago. Ask for Greg Berhalter at extension 1289. He can help your son get a tryout.
        Thank you! Finally someone who is serious and helpful and not just a smart ass

Comment

Thank you! Finally someone who is serious and helpful and not just a smart ass
          ha ha you are an idiot....do you even know who greg berhalter is?

Comment

ha ha you are an idiot....do you even know who greg berhalter is?
            I do now, I just left him a voicemail.

Comment

Greg could not believe the bull**** that has gone on with my son and the da coaches. He told him to keep training and next time he is in town he will personally work him out

Comment

This thread has officially jumped the shark.

Comment

Oc da u14

Just one simple question from an outsider to this club, how do people who do not have kids on this team know or get all this information about these kids? Is this an upset parent or what. I have never heard anything about this age group or team(not Orlando City but this particular team) but with all these responses I must be missing something.
                  I believe this thread was started by a parent whose child did not make the team and they have been bashing not just this age group/team but the club in general. They probably know some current players parents and get just enough information to try and use like they know what is going on at the club. We had the same issue at our club down here in S Florida. As for the dad who is going after the teams GK's, that is just the lowest of the lows, those kids are working hard just like every other kid including his own to play this sport.
                  Unfortunate but it happens.

Comment

These kids are scouted by US scouts at DA league games and recommended by coaches and academy directors to participate. There is no walk on's or crazy parent involvement allowed. This is the major draw for playing DA especially in a non MLS academy. It is a selection process to get to a larger tryout and then possibly a call up to an official team camp.
                    No kid on this team has been scouted by US soccer, and certainly not those keepers. This team is disaster and plays a terrible brand of soccer. With the exception of one centerback who has been hurt most of the year, none of these kids would be even remotely able to hang in a truly national talent pool. Bunch of delusional daddies in perhaps the worst MLS academy in the nation. One of the worst DAs in Florida, let alone compared to MLS academies.

Comment

No kid on this team has been scouted by US soccer, and certainly not those keepers. This team is disaster and plays a terrible brand of soccer. With the exception of one centerback who has been hurt most of the year, none of these kids would be even remotely able to hang in a truly national talent pool. Bunch of delusional daddies in perhaps the worst MLS academy in the nation. One of the worst DAs in Florida, let alone compared to MLS academies.
                      The team does play ugly soccer because they don't move the ball and are not punished for dribbling too much. The center back you are referring gets away with mistakes because of his speed right now. Has absolutely no idea
                      what to do with the ball once he wins it. Good athlete, very average player.

Comment

The team does play ugly soccer because they don't move the ball and are not punished for dribbling too much. The center back you are referring gets away with mistakes because of his speed right now. Has absolutely no idea
                        I think you are agreeing with me. The team has no idea how to
                        Play the game, it’s the Neymar show for daddy and mommy, and the best “player” is really a superb athlete who isn’t (and may never be) a superb soccer player. That’s about right. And all the daddies think their boy is destined for greatness because he’s in an MLS academy (albeit One that losses almost every game to club teams).

Comment

I’m not sure who posts on here, but I really hope it’s none of the parents of the kids on this team. If so they will always be unsuccessful. I think it’s sad how kids are being called out here by cowardly people. Threads like these make me question humanity in general

Comment

I’m not sure who posts on here, but I really hope it’s none of the parents of the kids on this team. If so they will always be unsuccessful. I think it’s sad how kids are being called out here by cowardly people. Threads like these make me question humanity in general
                            They aren’t even interesting anymore. Just mean. I’d rather see parents and coaches crticised, not players.

Comment

They aren’t even interesting anymore. Just mean. I’d rather see parents and coaches crticised, not players.
                              This is literally a thread called "oc da u14" discussing the team and you don't want to talk about players? Talking about coaching and parents is simple. They both have no clue. End of thread.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X