Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epd

Is EPD/ODP relevant anymore? Is it worth the money?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    NO. Not worth the time of money

Comment

Is PSPL surf academy worth the time or money?

Comment

NO. Not worth the time of money
        This is the general consensus but I think it depends what you are trying to get out of it. It’s an opportunity to play with and get to know other good players from other teams. That’s it. If you are looking for more than that then you will likely be disappointed. It’s certainly a money grab no matter how you want to look at it, the most recent Friendship Cup being beyond obscene.

Comment

Ummm.....I could argue nothing in youth "premier" soccer is worth the money. By the time you are done paying 10 years of fees and travel you have spent a full ride to college. If your kid loves soccer then it is just another place to play with some new people. That's it and nothing more. If the money is the only thing that matters to you (which is your main question). Spend it elsewhere.

Comment

Sure you can quickly be told no - it's not worth the time. And, if your kid is playing for certain clubs the ultimate answer is no. However, if your kid wants to play in college and you're not with a larger club and the interest in travel is not there with their team then it could have the ability to get you some visibility outside the region that your child wouldn't ordinarily get. But, that's only if your child is truly top tier of the remaining players and going to be sufficiently displayed.

If your kid is already on an ECNL Club or even GAL and possibly ECNL-R then the value is gone.

I say this because EPD still has some cachet outside the region and your child's chances of playing in college are higher if they focus on colleges East of the Mississippi.

Comment

It's a lot of extra time and money for sure. It's been good for my kid because the last few years he played on a crappy team, so it was his only way to play with fast, talented players. I don't know if it adds value to college recruiting or any of that, but that's not why we've done it. So it's been worth it to us.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X