Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rainier Challenge

Is WA Premiere still holding the Rainier Challenge? If so, what’s it like?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is WA Premiere still holding the Rainier Challenge? If so, what’s it like?
    Good tourney, good facilities

Comment

https://www.washingtonpremierfc.com/...ier-challenge/

Comment

Always been a good tourney for us, well run. good brackets.

Comment

Agreed with other posters, this tournament tends to be better run and more smooth. The fields are great as well.

Comment

https://washingtonpremierfc.demosphe...accepted-teams

Looks like some good teams are going to show up for this event. Going to answer a few questions about teams in the Pacific Northwest and youth soccer.

Comment

We are not doing Rainier challenge this year. Honestly I will miss it. It was always a fun opener for the summer.

Comment

This is by far the most girl teams I have seen signed up for this tourney. Hopefully this is a sign for the remaining local summer tourneys. Always good to see the local teams playing each other.

Don't get so caught up who is better than who. Most of these summer tourneys are either tune ups for the playoffs or new formed teams getting to know each other.

.....hoping for a fun and safe tourney for all involved.

Comment

This is by far the most girl teams I have seen signed up for this tourney. Hopefully this is a sign for the remaining local summer tourneys. Always good to see the local teams playing each other.

Don't get so caught up who is better than who. Most of these summer tourneys are either tune ups for the playoffs or new formed teams getting to know each other.

.....hoping for a fun and safe tourney for all involved.
                  Local is better, besides the absolute top teams in the older age groups, there really is no need to play against a team from OR or CA. Plenty of competition in WA, even just Western WA, even just Seattle area.

Comment

Local is better, besides the absolute top teams in the older age groups, there really is no need to play against a team from OR or CA. Plenty of competition in WA, even just Western WA, even just Seattle area.
                    There is plenty of talented local teams. But for a top 3 ECNL team the competition can be difficult to find outside of maybe 5 teams. Playing the same teams constantly isn’t ideal. Playing in tournaments in CA, TX, and AZ against top level teams outside of WA allows kids to face different styles, and different kids.

It also provides some great bonding opportunities for the kids and families.

I’m not interested in doing it all the time, but a few summer tournaments outside of WA has always been enjoyable to me.

Comment

Should be fun getting to River Road (SR 167) this weekend for teams coming from the North. I-5 southbound Portland Ave/SR 167 exit closed Saturday and Sunday.

Comment

Any teams considering pulling out of the boys' weekend due to the heatwave? Is the whole thing gonna get cancelled? Google is saying temperatures on Sunday and Monday of 106 degrees.

Comment

Any teams considering pulling out of the boys' weekend due to the heatwave? Is the whole thing gonna get cancelled? Google is saying temperatures on Sunday and Monday of 106 degrees.

Certainly going to be hot - but cancelling? Nah - just mid-half water/cooling breaks. Each game is 60 minutes but has a 90 minute buffer so adding in 10 minutes per game shouldn't mess with scheduling too much. bring a cooler of ice water and snap towels for your players and you'll be fine. I do feel for those on the turf though...yikes that's going to be hot.

Comment

No different than Silverlakes.....just need more water breaks.

Comment

Certainly going to be hot - but cancelling? Nah - just mid-half water/cooling breaks. Each game is 60 minutes but has a 90 minute buffer so adding in 10 minutes per game shouldn't mess with scheduling too much. bring a cooler of ice water and snap towels for your players and you'll be fine. I do feel for those on the turf though...yikes that's going to be hot.
                              I heard the tournament directors shifted the mid-day games off of the turf. If so, good on them. A well run tournament with good teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X