Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refunds?

Maybe an unpopular topic, but wondering if anyone got a refund for last year's cancelled spring season. Our club hasn't said anything, much less offered a refund. I know they got PPP funds. We had no practices nor games. Experiences, or it's a sunk cost by now?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Maybe an unpopular topic, but wondering if anyone got a refund for last year's cancelled spring season. Our club hasn't said anything, much less offered a refund. I know they got PPP funds. We had no practices nor games. Experiences, or it's a sunk cost by now?
    Sunk cost. Just know that your kid is the elitist of the elite. That is all the refund you are gonna get.

Comment

Our club prorated the payments at the beginning of the year. Also heard those that were behind in payments before the pandemic were wiped clean. Doesnt hurt to ask for a partial refund or credit for next year.....if they say no, you are still in the same boat.

Comment

PAC offered a refund or credit toward future fees in recognition of the weird season.

Comment

Glad to hear some clubs have been reasonable. I'm the OP and for me it's not as much about the amount of money (our kids are still young), but about the way it's been handled. In retrospect it's of course just one aspect of running the business and there have been red flags before. So if there are other clubs out there that did the right thing and are open about unpleasant money issues, please let others know, I bet there are others like me who are wondering. I was hesitant starting this topic, and thank the posters who shared positivity about their clubs:)

Comment

XF did not charge when the practice is not allowed last year. So out of 10 monthly payment, 2 of them are waived.

Comment

Not all clubs are created equal. Those clubs who did not offer refund are horrible. They assumed everyone who already paid were not impacted financially.

Comment

Curious on what club this is. We played a half season (ish) and practiced as normal once the summer hit..I dont know of a club who didnt play or practice ALL year.

Comment

Rush didn't charge if we didn't practice and gave a 20% discount in November and December once they realized we weren't going to get to play games for awhile because of the shut down. Overall I think we got a free month plus the 20% off the other 2 months. The club busted their butts this year, offering practices 3x a week for even the younger ages until the RCL season got under way (and then we were grateful for only 2x a week because of the condensed schedule with multiple double-header weekends). For a lot of these kids, it was the only thing they got to do in-person this year.

Comment

I am not upset about not getting more of a refund. They did the best they could.

However, this year they are increasing prices by a large amount. Also the HS yrs are same as non HS even though they suspend training during HS season?

Comment

I am not upset about not getting more of a refund. They did the best they could.

However, this year they are increasing prices by a large amount. Also the HS yrs are same as non HS even though they suspend training during HS season?
                      This is usually the case with most clubs. Sometimes I hear about a club giving HS a break, but most of the time its all the same costs. I've got kids at 2 clubs and there was no increase in club fees in either of them.

Comment

PAC offered a refund or credit toward future fees in recognition of the weird season.
                        Seattle United did the same for those who paid fees in full. We could choose to receive a refund, apply it toward next season, or donate the funds to the club financial aid program (and get a tax deduction letter from SU). People on payment plans received various program fee reductions-depending on whether or not their team was actively training/playing games.

Comment

Eagleclaw did not increase fees and gave every 2020/21 player a $500 credit for 2021/22.

Comment

Eastside increased fees a couple of hundred dollars for next year

Comment

Eastside increased fees a couple of hundred dollars for next year
                              That's why they had a low turn out for the U11-13 boys age group.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X