Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    One of the HS girls teams at XF is folding and there were several of them at sound tryouts.
    Which age group is folding?

Comment

There definitely isn't a xfire highschool girls age team folding. Most teams have 25 players and a minimum of 3 teams. A couple of girls didn't make ecnl and left for Seattle united ecnl but not sound. My neighbor coaches at sound and he says they got no one from xfire on their 03/04 or 05 teams from xfire. Somebody is blowing smoke on here. Shocking!

Comment

There definitely isn't a xfire highschool girls age team folding. Most teams have 25 players and a minimum of 3 teams. A couple of girls didn't make ecnl and left for Seattle united ecnl but not sound. My neighbor coaches at sound and he says they got no one from xfire on their 03/04 or 05 teams from xfire. Somebody is blowing smoke on here. Shocking!
        thats exactly what I thought

Comment

06 B team at XF has 10 maybe 11 players registered.

Comment

They could be talking about a hs select team that folded who knows

thats exactly what I thought

Comment

06 B team at XF has 10 maybe 11 players registered.
              FYI

XF 06 B actually has 14 players and is in the process of adding 15/16 to roster.

Comment

they only had 9 for their scrimmage, good luck to them

Comment

crossfire threw that team away, dead last without a single win in div 2 moving to div 3, new coach to the club with 5 teams (that's one way to increase your stats on female coaches :D), and they didn't even have her bio up before tryouts. Adding more kids well below the skill level of what is left of the team a few weeks after tryouts isn't going to help this team, but it will give XF another year of dues.

Comment

crossfire threw that team away, dead last without a single win in div 2 moving to div 3, new coach to the club with 5 teams (that's one way to increase your stats on female coaches :D), and they didn't even have her bio up before tryouts. Adding more kids well below the skill level of what is left of the team a few weeks after tryouts isn't going to help this team, but it will give XF another year of dues.
                    The Team Coach has 3 Teams, not 5.
                    https://www.crossfiresoccer.org/teams/2021-22-girls/

The bio was updated/provided.
                    https://www.crossfiresoccer.org/coaches/team-coaches/

Comment

well it's good because they originally had her on 5 teams, parents must have complained. Like I said they didn't have her bio up in time for tryouts, better late than never.

Comment

well it's good because they originally had her on 5 teams, parents must have complained. Like I said they didn't have her bio up in time for tryouts, better late than never.
                        Parents didn't complain.

Coach assignments were placeholders.

Certain age group/teams did not form, reduction in teams assigned common sense.

Back to the thread title, Sound FC will struggle to survive in the coming year for various reasons.

Comment

Parents didn't complain.

Coach assignments were placeholders.

Certain age group/teams did not form, reduction in teams assigned common sense.

Back to the thread title, Sound FC will struggle to survive in the coming year for various reasons.
                          Agreed - Sound will continue to struggle. New leadership gives them a chance but from my little knothole I see the only way for them to make it is to appeal to the cost conscious segment - Offer premier services (and the coaching staff is pretty good) but at a select price. This means less comp for leadership group but they need numbers which requires sacrifice. Does this group want Sound FC to survive or not? And no, an indoor center and futsal center won't get it done. That's unnecessary expense in our market at this time. Get to the point where they dominate the current RCL Market (as they should since RCL is basically B and C teams for big 5 clubs) and win some WYS championships and sell THAT.

Comment

From what I have heard, the only good age group from sound is the 04 group. One they all graduate next year, the program is basically doomed. The club has been riding on these teams since they were young, and put all the good coaches with that age group. Will be interesting to see what happens when they all leave.

Comment

Sound should have failed multiple times through total incompetance. It seems to survive only due to its geographic advantage granted by Wa Youth Soccer through the RCL. If RCL really has standards, how can Sound possibly satisfy them? How is WYS serving the community by allowing Sound to continue? Time to rip off the Band Aid, let Sound meet its rightful death and let a new club serve the geographic area. What say you new exec director?

Comment

My kid doesn't play there, but anyone can look at last years standings and see it's no where near as bad as many of you make it out to be.

Sure they don't have as many teams, but they are preforming better than many of the other RCL clubs and are represented in Div 1 at several age groups.

They are hardly the weakest club in the RCL, have suffered from years of mismanagement, and seem to be headed in the right direction now.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X