The right team is hard to find

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I understand, almost every “Sounders” youth club in the state pays for the right to use the name and logo and gets almost nothing in return. Occasionally some assistant coach no one has ever heard of will come run a clinic, but even that is only once or twice a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Two total teams and the younger kids practice twice a week. They are not investing anything in the program. Four local clubs PAY the Sounders for the right to be affiliate clubs.

I am not anti-Sounders, it's just not what many think it is. I have also watched it for the last 10 years and I would say they are spending less now on local kids than they ever have.
      They do recruit nationally so it's a very competitive environment for locals

Comment

You haven't paid much attention nationally if you think the Sounders are investing in the Academy program. They are one of the first to drop it's U-19 program, have well below sub-par facilities, offer no residency (homestay aside) and on and on. They have recently signed players to the first team, which is great for them. We will have to agree to disagree on the coaching.
        The signing of young players to USL contracts is crazy if you ask me, but that is a different conversation.
        Sounders are considered top 5-8 academies in the US. Disclaimer my kid is at Sounders so yes, maybe some bias. However, my kid was recruited and had the ability to train with close to 5 other top MLS clubs. We ultimately chose Sounders as our preference in general was to stay on the West Coast and preferred Seattle over some of the other options. You can dislike Sounders or MLS but have a problem with your statements. They regularly place more kids on the national team and a large number of kids highly ranked throughout each age group. As far as not having a u19...that's a development decision not an investment decision. Many clubs have dropped U19 with an emphasis that kids need to make the jump from u17 to the reserve team (either u23 or USL). LA Galaxy, SJ Earthquakes, Inter Miami, CF Montreal are some examples.

Sounders don't have the same facilities as lets say RSL or FC Dallas, but they are par with many MLS Academies. Also, very few MLS academies offer dorms, most almost all are home stay.

Comment

If he is that good, you should have him get a look from the Seattle United 2008 ECNL team and has pedigree on that team. They are far superior than any other team at that age group. Seattle United boy's 2009 COPA team, which will be ECNL in June is also very well coached by a very respected player/coach from the Gambia who has an excellent reputation for development and demands a ton of work ethic from his players.
          SU 08 ECNL that good? Didn’t Pac 08 ECNL beat them last time they played? Infact I think Pac dominated them at younger ECNL ages 08 and 07?

I’m sure Pac won the majority of the boys ECNL games both times they have played this season. SU pool of players is double Pac and they are losing to them! Tells you all you need to know about the quality of coaching at SU

Comment

Just saying... with youth soccer even if you can have a huge pool, if you don’t have the talent in the pool for the age group like other area, there is only so much a coach can do except to develop the players and make them better. With a result driven league such as ECNL, you can see some teams struggled. Is that mean the coach suck? Not necessary. There are some ****ty coach out there who can win all the games with certain style (long ball, Hail Mary style with big and fast kids) but have no idea how to develop players. So your statement about coaching quality is not accurate. Every club can have ****ty coaches and great coaches who no one knows about until you watch their teams play, then you can judge if the coach knows a thing or two about coaching.

Comment

The Pac vs Seattle games are on you YouTube. Try and give them a watch, you are right though. There are some coaches that play a long ball, Hail Mary style with big and fast kids. Watch those games and you will see it wasn’t Pac that did and yet again SU still lost!

Comment

Yes but like I said, there are coaches who play the long ball style and coaches that play possession based soccer in every club, so it is all depends on who coaches the team. Some SU games you see on YouTube plays the long ball style like you mentioned and there are some SU teams are actually move the ball (the 2009 Copa).

So back to your comment, that does not only apply to SU, there are teams (clubs) doing to same, you can not judge a club by just watching games for just one team and judge their playing style. How players play are all coming from what the coach influence (coaches) them. And if players are starting to play long ball all game long, then it is the coach’s job to adjust it, and after that you can now judge the coaches if they know how to coach or not.

By the way I’m not here to argue, I just people to realized about clubs and the coaches and make fair statements or comments, because each club not every single coach coaches the same way. Some are good, some are terrible with big names. If you used to play or watch enough youth game you will know what I’m talking about here.

Comment

Yes but like I said, there are coaches who play the long ball style and coaches that play possession based soccer in every club, so it is all depends on who coaches the team. Some SU games you see on YouTube plays the long ball style like you mentioned and there are some SU teams are actually move the ball (the 2009 Copa).

So back to your comment, that does not only apply to SU, there are teams (clubs) doing to same, you can not judge a club by just watching games for just one team and judge their playing style. How players play are all coming from what the coach influence (coaches) them. And if players are starting to play long ball all game long, then it is the coach’s job to adjust it, and after that you can now judge the coaches if they know how to coach or not.

By the way I’m not here to argue, I just people to realized about clubs and the coaches and make fair statements or comments, because each club not every single coach coaches the same way. Some are good, some are terrible with big names. If you used to play or watch enough youth game you will know what I’m talking about here.
                  Dude, you are quoted talking about 12 year olds, moving the ball well. Think about it.
                  Your kid must be an earlier developer who runs over the smaller kids. Anyone who talks
                  about long balls vs possession needs take a look at the U18/19 and see which ones
                  are commited or not. The individual player is recruited, not the entire team.
                  End goals, friend. By then, it is way too late to do anything about it.

I remember parents like you, as in the past tense. Your kid quit somewhere in between
                  and the sound of silence was magical. Good luck, Chuck.

Comment

Dude, you are quoted talking about 12 year olds, moving the ball well. Think about it.
                    Your kid must be an earlier developer who runs over the smaller kids. Anyone who talks
                    about long balls vs possession needs take a look at the U18/19 and see which ones
                    are commited or not. The individual player is recruited, not the entire team.
                    End goals, friend. By then, it is way too late to do anything about it.

I remember parents like you, as in the past tense. Your kid quit somewhere in between
                    and the sound of silence was magical. Good luck, Chuck.
                    You must be a lonely man!

Comment

Eastside FC 08/09s win the majority of their games, due to coaching imo. Also have the best fields of most clubs, don't have to worry about the safety aspect if that is important to parents.

Comment

Eastside FC 08/09s win the majority of their games, due to coaching imo. Also have the best fields of most clubs, don't have to worry about the safety aspect if that is important to parents.
                        Are you kidding me?You must work for the team.

Comment

What ya'll smoking over there in Issaquah.

First we'll look at Boy 08 ECNL current standings
                          Crossfire Premier
                          Washington Premier
                          PacNW
                          Seattle United
                          Eastside

Eastside doesn't even have a div 1 team in 08 RCL :D Current standings

crossfire 09A (this team is off the hook old enough for ECNL next year)
                          Crossfire B08A
                          NW United B08 black
                          Seattle United B08 copa

Finally Found Eastsides 2nd team, it's sitting middle of the pack in Div 3.

Looking at the 09's
                          Eastside div 1 team is in dead last.
                          Div 2 team in 3rd.

So maybe a little more research needed before bragging about the stellar season Eastside is having.

Comment

Crossfire Premier
                            Washington Premier
                            PacNW
                            Seattle United
                            Eastside

Crossfire B08A
                            NW United B08 black
                            Seattle United B08 copa

Looking at the 09's
                            Div 2 team in 3rd.

So maybe a little more research needed before bragging about the stellar season Eastside is having.
                            Where did you get the standings for the boys B09?

Comment

Crossfire Premier
                              Washington Premier
                              PacNW
                              Seattle United
                              Eastside

Crossfire B08A
                              NW United B08 black
                              Seattle United B08 copa

Looking at the 09's
                              Div 2 team in 3rd.

For 2009:
                              EFC 09’s play in division 1 and are in 3rd place behind SU Copa and WPFC. EFC’s only losses have come from SU Copa and WPFC. Snohomish is in last. PacNW’s top 2009 team plays in division 2 and EFC’s “B” team just beat PacNW’s “A” team. Crossfire B09 A plays a year up in 2008Division 1 and is crushing all the 2008 teams in division 1.

It's clear you don't know what you are talking about.

Comment

Good to see that we're past name-calling/etc associated with masks and covid, and back to doing so with regard to U12s.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X