Girls Academy League NW

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally prefer Rainier Challenge. But Crossfire isn’t in a tit for tat with WP or Pac. Crossfire Challenge is still a much bigger draw. Again, I prefer Rainier. Just being honest.

Comment

I like Rainer challenge once I get there...

but getting there - especially on Friday afternoon from North of Seattle. SUCKS.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Why would PAC and WP feel obligated to fill Xfire coffers if the favor is not returned.
        Specifically looking @ PAC NW, they seem to be the main team that never sends any top teams to XF Challenge. They had 1-3 teams in the tournament this past week but in the last summer we had tournaments, I can't recall seeing more than 3-4 teams from PAC.

Comment

Specifically looking @ PAC NW, they seem to be the main team that never sends any top teams to XF Challenge. They had 1-3 teams in the tournament this past week but in the last summer we had tournaments, I can't recall seeing more than 3-4 teams from PAC.
          That’s b/c PAC is not competitive across many, many age groups. Why go to Crossfire only to get embarrassed? Easier to play in B tournaments like Snohomish Bigfoot and Harbor Tyee Cup.

Comment

That’s b/c PAC is not competitive across many, many age groups. Why go to Crossfire only to get embarrassed? Easier to play in B tournaments like Snohomish Bigfoot and Harbor Tyee Cup.
            Which I understand but specifically looking at the posters comment, they mentioned XF not helping out PAC but up until last year they attended the Winter Classic with a good amount of teams. The reason they wouldn't help now is because of their lack of commitment in the past.

Comment

Get your facts straight. Pac has competed every year in Xfire Challenge. They aren't afraid to compete against any of the top teams in the area!

Comment

It's my understanding that Pac and XF are no longer agreeing to send a specific number of teams to each others tournaments.

The clubs figure, you scratch my back I'll scratch yours, and they are happy to agree to hand out their families money to other clubs.

No one showed up to proliance and it was mostly XF teams paying a bunch of money to play other XF teams . . . then there's parents on here trying to read way more in to the results than makes any sense. Especially for a tournament that is such a blatant money grab with no awards or finals. Oh the entry fee is reduced, but you pay $20 a car for parking so if you do the math Proliance is actually one of the more expensive tournaments once you add in $400+ per team in parking fees.

Everyone on this board should realize their clubs priority is running a business, and player development is secondary.

This move to crush the RCl by moving the A teams to ECNL R is going to bite them in the ass. It's the 2nd, 3rd and beyond teams that make free ECNL at XF possible, and foot the bills. Any club with talent should leave RCL for WPL and GAL after ECNL clubs pull their teams after this years hybrid RCL/ECNL R schedule. Why would the 4 smaller clubs hang around for an RCL div 1 made up of 4-5 quality teams and then a bunch of C teams moved up from Div 2-3 to round out the bracket.

The local clubs are handing WPL and GAL a gift by further blocking local clubs out of competition. Do you think clubs frozen out of the ECNL R are going to spend their tournament dollars at the clubs that blocked them out? My guess it they will actively look for other tournaments to attend.

Comment

It's my understanding that Pac and XF are no longer agreeing to send a specific number of teams to each others tournaments.

The clubs figure, you scratch my back I'll scratch yours, and they are happy to agree to hand out their families money to other clubs.

No one showed up to proliance and it was mostly XF teams paying a bunch of money to play other XF teams . . . then there's parents on here trying to read way more in to the results than makes any sense. Especially for a tournament that is such a blatant money grab with no awards or finals. Oh the entry fee is reduced, but you pay $20 a car for parking so if you do the math Proliance is actually one of the more expensive tournaments once you add in $400+ per team in parking fees.

Everyone on this board should realize their clubs priority is running a business, and player development is secondary.

This move to crush the RCl by moving the A teams to ECNL R is going to bite them in the ass. It's the 2nd, 3rd and beyond teams that make free ECNL at XF possible, and foot the bills. Any club with talent should leave RCL for WPL and GAL after ECNL clubs pull their teams after this years hybrid RCL/ECNL R schedule. Why would the 4 smaller clubs hang around for an RCL div 1 made up of 4-5 quality teams and then a bunch of C teams moved up from Div 2-3 to round out the bracket.

The local clubs are handing WPL and GAL a gift by further blocking local clubs out of competition. Do you think clubs frozen out of the ECNL R are going to spend their tournament dollars at the clubs that blocked them out? My guess it they will actively look for other tournaments to attend.
                  Agreed, a club's priority is revenue first, development is still a high priority, but that is for long term revenue growth (more kids that develop into D1 or pro players, the more demand for the club).

Perhaps all the talk about the XF tournament is true, but it was still a well run and always been a well run tournament. One of my local favorites.

RCL still will attract higher level players but perhaps this is the beginning of the end, at least in terms of a pure monopoly on the high level players.

Comment

How many current USWNT players came out of GAL or ECNL? Are the current players on the roster before there was an ECNL or GDA?

Comment

How many current USWNT players came out of GAL or ECNL? Are the current players on the roster before there was an ECNL or GDA?
                      ECNL was founded 2009

Comment

GAL isn’t old enough for the full USWNT. Not sure about
                        YNTs. I know for a while, right or wrong, they were drawing almost exclusively from DA. Don’t know how that shifted once DA folded.

Comment

I do want to wade into this water a bit. As much smack is talked about the Reign, the program is consistent and has results. The players know what they are training for at least a 6 week minimum. That means they know what they are doing before they arrive at the field and more importantly they knew who the coach would be. My DD played for them and has gone to an ECNL program which has been a bit of a joke. That has been far from the truth for many local clubs. People can talk smack about what the Reign offers but that is just negative with no facts or details. Until you have been through the program keep quiet. The 04 Reign team finished in the top eight each of the years through multiple trophy runs. Xfire wasn't there nor anyone else locally. The Reign coaches were committed, delivered what was a growing environment. I sit back and watch all of the local clubs and they are missing the skill of not worrying about moving it forward with every touch. Every club talks about so and so playing kickball, the are all guilty of that as the players don't have the skill or knowledge of what it means to move the ball. Hopefully at some point they will acknowledge and start to teach the youngers how to play.

Comment

I do want to wade into this water a bit. As much smack is talked about the Reign, the program is consistent and has results. The players know what they are training for at least a 6 week minimum. That means they know what they are doing before they arrive at the field and more importantly they knew who the coach would be. My DD played for them and has gone to an ECNL program which has been a bit of a joke. That has been far from the truth for many local clubs. People can talk smack about what the Reign offers but that is just negative with no facts or details. Until you have been through the program keep quiet. The 04 Reign team finished in the top eight each of the years through multiple trophy runs. Xfire wasn't there nor anyone else locally. The Reign coaches were committed, delivered what was a growing environment. I sit back and watch all of the local clubs and they are missing the skill of not worrying about moving it forward with every touch. Every club talks about so and so playing kickball, the are all guilty of that as the players don't have the skill or knowledge of what it means to move the ball. Hopefully at some point they will acknowledge and start to teach the youngers how to play.
                            I could write almost the same post. Some Reign coaches were better than others, and unfortunately my kid worked with "others" one of the years she was there, but overall much more consistent and quality training than ECNL generally

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X