Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I know.... just hoping for the best, the team will be fine... Just would be nice to have some additional players....
    Are we talking top team? Second team? I mean, I’d rather have a club run another tryout if they think there might be another top player or two to add (I guess anything is possible) rather than pull second team players up to play on the top team if their skill level really isn’t up to par yet. Do that and you’ll only end up losing your top players next year when they get frustrated about the quality of their team declining.

Comment

Juventus added dates as well: “Don’t miss this opportunity” June 21-25. Smaller clubs like Best FC are advertising “last call” for tryouts that week as well. This is not an NEFC problem. If it’s a problem at all, it is a broader club soccer problem. Look for trouble and you’ll find it. People need to chill and just do what works for their kids.

Comment

Juventus added dates as well: “Don’t miss this opportunity” June 21-25. Smaller clubs like Best FC are advertising “last call” for tryouts that week as well. This is not an NEFC problem. If it’s a problem at all, it is a broader club soccer problem. Look for trouble and you’ll find it. People need to chill and just do what works for their kids.
        Bigger issue is tryout dates. Last week of school for many depending on the age group several projects or year end stuff is due causing kids to forego tryouts

Also end of June is tough several players are going away on family vacation etc.

Comment

Bigger issue is tryout dates. Last week of school for many depending on the age group several projects or year end stuff is due causing kids to forego tryouts

Also end of June is tough several players are going away on family vacation etc.
          It's "last call" for tryouts. When else are you going to schedule them except at the end of the year when most people are wrapping up to go on vacation?

Comment

It's "last call" for tryouts. When else are you going to schedule them except at the end of the year when most people are wrapping up to go on vacation?

Poor NEFC, it was a good run while it lasted....

Comment

From what I can gather, there’s been a big push to make sure top teams are strong and I know a couple of players who have been sent down to lower teams. A few very strong players from other clubs have moved over to NEFC top teams. We’ll see come fall, I guess.

Comment

From what I can gather, there’s been a big push to make sure top teams are strong and I know a couple of players who have been sent down to lower teams. A few very strong players from other clubs have moved over to NEFC top teams. We’ll see come fall, I guess.

Good Luck with that....

Comment

Good Luck with that....
                  Lol Thanks. My knowledge is of two teams in total. I can’t speak to the entire MW region. Not to mention, it could still all go to ****. Cheers!

Comment

Lol Thanks. My knowledge is of two teams in total. I can’t speak to the entire MW region. Not to mention, it could still all go to ****. Cheers!
                    Understood, it is like that at many Clubs..

Have a great summer and good luck next season! :)

Comment

Isn’t this what should happen at any club? There should be player movement that strengthens the team and also allows players who drop down a better opportunity to stand out. Parents/players get all worked up over this for the wrong reasons. It’s usually obvious who on a team is having a harder time competing at the level of play. Changes benefit players on both sides. A good player that is dropped down can then figure out what’s holding them back and has motivation to work on it whether it be technical ability, athleticism, speed, attitude, or desire. Find what you can bring to a team.

Comment

Forum reset

Comment

Isn’t this what should happen at any club? There should be player movement that strengthens the team and also allows players who drop down a better opportunity to stand out. Parents/players get all worked up over this for the wrong reasons. It’s usually obvious who on a team is having a harder time competing at the level of play. Changes benefit players on both sides. A good player that is dropped down can then figure out what’s holding them back and has motivation to work on it whether it be technical ability, athleticism, speed, attitude, or desire. Find what you can bring to a team.
                          In a perfect world yes, yet at NEFC that hasn't been happening for the past couple years. It's as if the old director (removed) and now the new MLs Coach has been bringing FC Stars to NEFC.... Not a great plan...

Comment

In a perfect world yes, yet at NEFC that hasn't been happening for the past couple years. It's as if the old director (removed) and now the new MLs Coach has been bringing FC Stars to NEFC.... Not a great plan...

Who got removed, we haven’t heard anything about that? I didn’t see any new coaches listed for the MLS next teams either. What are we missing?

Comment

Love Boat- NEFC Metrowest sinking Fast

Who got removed, we haven’t heard anything about that? I didn’t see any new coaches listed for the MLS next teams either. What are we missing?

TH Has been removed as the Director of The NEFC Central Region due to the abysmal slide of the Region as a whole and the lackluster number of new players brought in. A new Director for Metrowest Region was brought in- a 30 year old marketing and sales guy- MB The Old Director, TH, then due to such a Bang up job as Director was Assigned the New Coach of the MLSNext team, the old coach of one of the elite teams was then promoted to TH's old position with the ECNL team, another Coach RM then left the region all together and another new Ra Ra 20 something year old Coach " with Enthusiasm and High Energy- Z-- has been brought in...
                              Three different team age groups in Metrowest Region couldn't even get enough players to field consistent squads to field teams on gameday- let alone practices- Sometimes, 6/7/8 kids on the field for practices. Good Grief.

So there is the summary of the Chaos currently surrounding the Love Boat riding the Rough Seas in the NEFC Metrowest Region....

Comment

Love Boat- NEFC Metrowest sinking Fast

TH Has been removed as the Director of The NEFC Central Region due to the abysmal slide of the Region as a whole and the lackluster number of new players brought in. A new Director for Metrowest Region was brought in- a 30 year old marketing and sales guy- MB The Old Director, TH, then due to such a Bang up job as Director was Assigned the New Coach of the MLSNext team, the old coach of one of the elite teams was then promoted to TH's old position with the ECNL team, another Coach RM then left the region all together and another new Ra Ra 20 something year old Coach " with Enthusiasm and High Energy- Z-- has been brought in...
                                Three different team age groups in Metrowest Region couldn't even get enough players to field consistent squads to field teams on gameday- let alone practices- Sometimes, 6/7/8 kids on the field for practices. Good Grief.

So there is the summary of the Chaos currently surrounding the Love Boat riding the Rough Seas in the NEFC Metrowest Region....

These Allstar Coaches including another winner, DB all came from FC Stars. Things went badly at FC Stars, thus they move to NEFC and the Cycle of losses, slide in team results and slide in quality of players and MOST importantly, slide in # of New Players brought in has been apparent to any parent involved with the NEFC Metrowest region for the past three years- when these FC Stars Coaches came on Board, took the reins, set the tempo fro the program- Results lagged and the Good, quality, older NEFC Coaches have left to other Regions of NEFC or the Club as a whole.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X