Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trans Athletes

This is an interesting article about a trans athlete playing soccer in WA. Have any youth clubs run into this issue or have a plan in place? I think any decently sized club in a liberal area will have a good probability of having this situation.

https://southseattleemerald.com/2021...ong-in-sports/

Already a local trans player trying to get approval in PSPL

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/soc...AJPOKZKRQDCOU/

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Good on Bellevue United. Shame on PSPL for using the excuse that policy change takes time... We aren’t talking about FIFA. They are a small local league. Let him play.

Comment

This is an interesting article about a trans athlete playing soccer in WA. Have any youth clubs run into this issue or have a plan in place? I think any decently sized club in a liberal area will have a good probability of having this situation.

https://southseattleemerald.com/2021...ong-in-sports/
        Well - two things - first, this is a professional sports team that they are talking about and it seems as both players and the league don't really seem all that concerned about it I don't think we should either. Second, as it actually relates to youth sports??? Since WIAA created the policy allowing transgendered athletes to participate in the High School sports of their identified gender back in 2007 and since then only 3 have done so....it's actually NOT a good probability of "having this situation" AND since all 3 did indeed participate and we didn't implode - event calling it a situation is a stretch. How about you just worry about things that you can control and truly matter to you.

Comment

Already? Like it's just happening now? The kid was trying to get the policy adjusted back in September before any of this was even hitting the news. c'mon now. I'm guessing based on this comment neither you or the OP (If you're not one and the same) are not even state residents.

What's utterly brilliant here is that young Bobby Jones considers himself a boy, dresses like a boy, acts like a boy, and presents himself to everyone (including his peers) as a boy. Yet, you want him to use a girls restroom and shower facilities. And, by the very nature of you complaining about this you are showing that the complaints about trans women having an advantage is all bull....you don't give a crap about equity as you're whining about this case and the young man is very likely taking testosterone supplements.

Let the boy play in peace - mind your business - and everything will be ok. The sun will still shine tomorrow, I promise!

Comment

Already? Like it's just happening now? The kid was trying to get the policy adjusted back in September before any of this was even hitting the news. c'mon now. I'm guessing based on this comment neither you or the OP (If you're not one and the same) are not even state residents.

What's utterly brilliant here is that young Bobby Jones considers himself a boy, dresses like a boy, acts like a boy, and presents himself to everyone (including his peers) as a boy. Yet, you want him to use a girls restroom and shower facilities. And, by the very nature of you complaining about this you are showing that the complaints about trans women having an advantage is all bull....you don't give a crap about equity as you're whining about this case and the young man is very likely taking testosterone supplements.

Let the boy play in peace - mind your business - and everything will be ok. The sun will still shine tomorrow, I promise!
            Easy now, you could be reading too much into “already”. Maybe not, but maybe dig a bit deeper. I took it completely the opposite way, that they were supportive of the issue.

I'm probably wrong, but maybe we shouldnt jump to such negative conclusions?

Comment

Yeah that was me "already" meant it's a non-issue, yesterdays news, I don't care where they play if they can make the team. Didn't realize "already" was a loaded word . . .

Comment

It's one thing for a transgender boy (biological female) to ask to play on a boys soccer team, as seems to be the case in the KIRO story.

It is a FAR DIFFERENT thing for a transgender girl (biological male) to play on a girls team. And we aren't talking U-littles =. There is a distinct difference of speed, power, strength and size in a adolescent male versus female, and there is nothing fair or equitable about that. Should this child be allowed to play? Yes, but only on the boys team or a co-ed team.

Letting biological males play with girls is quite simply dangerous and it destroy girls' opportunies.

I stand with Caitlyn Jenner on this one.

Comment

It's one thing for a transgender boy (biological female) to ask to play on a boys soccer team, as seems to be the case in the KIRO story.

It is a FAR DIFFERENT thing for a transgender girl (biological male) to play on a girls team. And we aren't talking U-littles =. There is a distinct difference of speed, power, strength and size in a adolescent male versus female, and there is nothing fair or equitable about that. Should this child be allowed to play? Yes, but only on the boys team or a co-ed team.

Letting biological males play with girls is quite simply dangerous and it destroy girls' opportunies.

All of this has been debunked. There are always differences of size, speed, strength among athletes. And Caitlyn Jenner is pandering to the MAGA crowd to fill her campaign coffers for a race she will lose -- it's a grift.

Here's a great discussion of the issue on NPR with an advisor to the NCAA:

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/18/97871...-the-science-s

Comment

Yeah that was me "already" meant it's a non-issue, yesterdays news, I don't care where they play if they can make the team. Didn't realize "already" was a loaded word . . .
                    Apologies - these MAGA twaddles peddling this garbage tend to come in as teams to make it seem like they aren't in the minority on these type of topics...bad assumption on my part.

Comment

This is true and has not been debunked. The obvious differences in sports between biological males and females is precisely why they created one division for females and one for males.

Comment

Hmmm... is this what we have to look forward to? USWNT spots?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mpetition.html

Comment

Now that they get = PAY most high school boys in the country should adjust there pro nouns and go to the next open tryouts for the USWNT.

Comment

All of this has been debunked. There are always differences of size, speed, strength among athletes. And Caitlyn Jenner is pandering to the MAGA crowd to fill her campaign coffers for a race she will lose -- it's a grift.

Here's a great discussion of the issue on NPR with an advisor to the NCAA:

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/18/97871...-the-science-s
                            What planet are you from where a biological female team can compete against a biological male team?

In 2017 the US Women's National team had a friendly against FC Dallas Boys U15 and got crushed 2-5. Even though both teams probably didn't go all out - an under 15 boys team easily handled our National Women's team.

Comment

I'm totally freaking out about all the trans kids that are lined up to be on the womens high school soccer team and all the biological male soccer players that are going to transition so they can get a shot on the USWNT. Probably every kid in Seattle is being coached by their liberal parents to do this.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X