Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Girls ECNL at FC Bucks or FC Delco worth it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Right now FC Delco don't have enough kids for most of the ECNL RL teams. (former NPL). Most teams don't even have 15 kids, some don't even have enough to field a team. They also have the same problem for their ECNL teams which then brings them back to having to use kids from different teams to field enough for the ECNL teams so they don't forfeit games. As a club, they will be lucky to finish the 2019-20 season.
    This just isn't true but it could be a problem in the near future. They are fine for this year.
    Delco still has many kids coming from Downingtown, even though ECNL and the Regional teams only practice in Conshy. Not too many kids/parents are going to continue to commute an hour each way to practice to be on the B team. They really need to partner up with Lower Merion now that they are in Conshy full time. The post above about Lower Merion not having enough players is only half right.. Take a look at their numbers- for u9 to u12 they have 4 or 5 teams per age group. The dropoff at u13 is partly due to not having an ECNL/DA team, but I'm sure mostly due to kids losing interest. What's holding Lower Merion back from ECNL is field availability- they have none- and Delco has access to the best facility around.
    http://www.lmsc.net/lmsc18.txt (LMSC 2018 rosters). A partnership really makes sense here.

Comment

This just isn't true but it could be a problem in the near future. They are fine for this year.
      Delco still has many kids coming from Downingtown, even though ECNL and the Regional teams only practice in Conshy. Not too many kids/parents are going to continue to commute an hour each way to practice to be on the B team. They really need to partner up with Lower Merion now that they are in Conshy full time. The post above about Lower Merion not having enough players is only half right.. Take a look at their numbers- for u9 to u12 they have 4 or 5 teams per age group. The dropoff at u13 is partly due to not having an ECNL/DA team, but I'm sure mostly due to kids losing interest. What's holding Lower Merion back from ECNL is field availability- they have none- and Delco has access to the best facility around.
      http://www.lmsc.net/lmsc18.txt (LMSC 2018 rosters). A partnership really makes sense here.
      They need to do something fast. Doesn’t sound good

Comment

You don't know enough about girls soccer if you think starting a season with 14 girls is going to work. There are not enough kids at FC Delco for ECNL level soccer. There are not enough kids playing on the ECNL teams, and there won’t be enough fill-in players coming from the ECNL RL teams to help support the ECNL teams. There is certainly little in the way of quality! Also, parents and players hate being the fill-in players, so it’s a short-term solution that only ends up hurting the club. As for kids coming from Downingtown, it is not happening on the girls side anymore, and many kids on the boys side have left too. Penn Fusion, Lionville and Chester Springs United have seen all those (Continental) Spirit United kids turn up at their clubs. The Downingtown connection is about done! FC Delco DA on the boys side will be fine as long as they continue to work with the Union DA, but the rest of the teams are toast.

It’s true Lower Merion starts off with strong younger teams, but it isn't the ECNL and DA clubs taking a significant number of players away from LMSC, it is kids moving towards sport specialization that is the biggest factor in players dropping off LMSC teams. Many kids at LMSC end up focusing on lax, football or basketball, and have a difficult time continuing on with travel level soccer. Many kids play for LMSC because they do have a better chance of playing other sports and travel soccer. LMSC and FC Delco had a partnership years ago, and it didn’t work, as the partnership only makes sense for the people at FC Delco. LMSC are happy with what they are doing now, and the results are proving that their pathway works well for the Lower Merion community. As a club, FC Delco ECNL will be lucky to finish the 2019-20 season and the future is bleak.

Comment

In your opinion what is fine? It doesn't seem fine to most people at the club!

Comment

In your opinion what is fine? It doesn't seem fine to most people at the club!
            No it’s not fine. Delco families are not happy

Comment

What part is just not true?

Comment

What part is just not true?
                It’s all true from what I know

Comment

It’s all true from what I know
                  People are bailing left and right from girls delco.

Comment

You don't know enough about girls soccer if you think starting a season with 14 girls is going to work. There are not enough kids at FC Delco for ECNL level soccer. There are not enough kids playing on the ECNL teams, and there won’t be enough fill-in players coming from the ECNL RL teams to help support the ECNL teams. There is certainly little in the way of quality! Also, parents and players hate being the fill-in players, so it’s a short-term solution that only ends up hurting the club. As for kids coming from Downingtown, it is not happening on the girls side anymore, and many kids on the boys side have left too. Penn Fusion, Lionville and Chester Springs United have seen all those (Continental) Spirit United kids turn up at their clubs. The Downingtown connection is about done! FC Delco DA on the boys side will be fine as long as they continue to work with the Union DA, but the rest of the teams are toast.

It’s true Lower Merion starts off with strong younger teams, but it isn't the ECNL and DA clubs taking a significant number of players away from LMSC, it is kids moving towards sport specialization that is the biggest factor in players dropping off LMSC teams. Many kids at LMSC end up focusing on lax, football or basketball, and have a difficult time continuing on with travel level soccer. Many kids play for LMSC because they do have a better chance of playing other sports and travel soccer. LMSC and FC Delco had a partnership years ago, and it didn’t work, as the partnership only makes sense for the people at FC Delco. LMSC are happy with what they are doing now, and the results are proving that their pathway works well for the Lower Merion community. As a club, FC Delco ECNL will be lucky to finish the 2019-20 season and the future is bleak.
                    I just looked at the FC Delco website, and the team and coach sections haven’t been updated since 2018. They haven’t put out coaching assignments or team selections. I do see they are trying find coaches for the teams they have. I also went to the ECNL website, and from what I can see, the earlier poster is correct that the rosters seem very thin for all the girls teams. There seems to be rosters with less than 11 players. I believe those rosters are comprised of players that have paid the fees. The season starts now, and there is reason for concern.

Comment

I just looked at the FC Delco website, and the team and coach sections haven’t been updated since 2018. They haven’t put out coaching assignments or team selections. I do see they are trying find coaches for the teams they have. I also went to the ECNL website, and from what I can see, the earlier poster is correct that the rosters seem very thin for all the girls teams. There seems to be rosters with less than 11 players. I believe those rosters are comprised of players that have paid the fees. The season starts now, and there is reason for concern.
                      FC Bucks still has EL on its website as a Director of Coaching. He died in 2017

Comment

Delco even have girls ecnl next fall?

Comment

Delco even have girls ecnl next fall?
                          It’s doubtful. There is absolutely no way FC Delco can support ECNL level soccer for girls. It’s going to be an interesting season.

Comment

It’s doubtful. There is absolutely no way FC Delco can support ECNL level soccer for girls. It’s going to be an interesting season.
                            Sad to hear. Glad we didn’t choose girls delco.

Comment

Sad to hear. Glad we didn’t choose girls delco.
                              Sucks they messed it up.

Comment

Could they lose it for girls but keep ecnl for boys side? Is that possible?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X