Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No increase in income or sales taxes, but everything else is going to lose current tax exemptions, get taxed (if it wasnt before) or get taxed at higher rates if it was. Tolls will simply be an increase to ridiculously high motor vehicle taxes. Also, taking an additional .5% right off of the top of your paycheck to pay for increased FMLA in CT. $15 minimum wage to be passed on to sales here as well as the toll increases for trucks due to tolls in this state ..... 6 more years and my wife and I will be free of this mess. During that time, I estimate that we will be donating approximately $75k in additional taxes to the state's slush fund vs what we would pay in another state. LAMONT, YOU BIG DUMMY! Who will you tax when all of the workers leave? Who will pay the exorbitant salaries of big government that has some of the worst workers in the country who are unemployable in the private sector? I can't wait to see how much we are going to lose on our house when we sell it .... who the heck would move here or buy another house here???
    Who is going to buy your house or afford to buy it? You will take a loss or won't be able to sell. There are not enough companies coming into this state to keep a strong workforce that can buy your house. You're right, this state is a joke. And that buffoon Berlin High School Football coach has such a big ego demanding over the last two years that we will have tolls. He barely won re-election and is still going about his way. He didn't learn his lesson. I hope the next time voters get smart. But then again, he was re-elected and Lamont is governor who already broke his promises. We have Blumenthal and Murphy as senators. Honestly, this state deserves what it is getting.

Comment

Who is going to buy your house or afford to buy it? You will take a loss or won't be able to sell. There are not enough companies coming into this state to keep a strong workforce that can buy your house. You're right, this state is a joke. And that buffoon Berlin High School Football coach has such a big ego demanding over the last two years that we will have tolls. He barely won re-election and is still going about his way. He didn't learn his lesson. I hope the next time voters get smart. But then again, he was re-elected and Lamont is governor who already broke his promises. We have Blumenthal and Murphy as senators. Honestly, this state deserves what it is getting.
      The state has been leaning Left for sometime, it has now fallen over the cliff. This is just the beginning .

Comment

Question Man Responds

The state has been leaning Left for sometime, it has now fallen over the cliff. This is just the beginning .
        The beginning of what?

Comment

The beginning of what?
          The end. Lamont pushed the state way further into the downward spiral it has been in for so long. I laugh every time he says something to the effect of we need to move forward and jumpstart our economy .... by taxing the heck out of everyone and taking away the little disposable income that most had? By keeping people off of our highways? How do you jumpstart something by making it far more expensive to live here. All of the lower classes are ecstatic and the dems just solidified their vote for the next several elections ... they got even more stuff for free and the mega busline from new britain to hartford wont even cost them any more in toll money!! This place is a joke. FMLA is an additional 0.5% to the income tax even though it technically isn't income tax as he frequently points out that he did not raise the income or sales taxes .... just every other tax and many new ones!! What a tool!

Comment

The end. Lamont pushed the state way further into the downward spiral it has been in for so long. I laugh every time he says something to the effect of we need to move forward and jumpstart our economy .... by taxing the heck out of everyone and taking away the little disposable income that most had? By keeping people off of our highways? How do you jumpstart something by making it far more expensive to live here. All of the lower classes are ecstatic and the dems just solidified their vote for the next several elections ... they got even more stuff for free and the mega busline from new britain to hartford wont even cost them any more in toll money!! This place is a joke. FMLA is an additional 0.5% to the income tax even though it technically isn't income tax as he frequently points out that he did not raise the income or sales taxes .... just every other tax and many new ones!! What a tool!
            He is backed by the Progressive Democrats in the Legislature that are putting " Social Justice" and " Economic Justice" down as their top priorities.
            It won't be long before some of our cities will look like San Francisco, and we will have our own website to help navigate the human waste on the streets.

Comment

He is backed by the Progressive Democrats in the Legislature that are putting " Social Justice" and " Economic Justice" down as their top priorities.
              It won't be long before some of our cities will look like San Francisco, and we will have our own website to help navigate the human waste on the streets.
              San Francisco or Detroit?

Comment

Question Man Responds

Interesting rant, but what exactly is "the end"? Does time stop then? Does the state disappear from the nation? What alternatives do you offer here? Or is it enough for you just to bitch a bit?

Comment

I heard Lamont is a CFC fan and some of the funds for tolls will go to the lights at CFC park. Can anyone verify that for me?

Comment

Interesting rant, but what exactly is "the end"? Does time stop then? Does the state disappear from the nation? What alternatives do you offer here? Or is it enough for you just to bitch a bit?
                    My alternative? Absolutely no tolls or tax increases. 10% cuts to the budget of every state agency across the board phased in 2-2.5% per year for the next 4-8 years and trim additional fat from departments where I can. Pension system will be honored for anyone with at least 10 years of service but starting next year, any contracts for all state workers will move retirement funding from pensions to 401ks with some matching by state to be paid in at the end of the fiscal year every year (no pushing more crap down stream for future generations). Minimum wage stays where it is or has nominal cost of living adjustments year to year only and no additions to FMLA. If things stabilize in 4 years and I get re-elected, I would begin to phase out state income tax by 0.5-.75% per year until it is gone too. Then I would hope to reduce gas and sales taxes and make this place a great place to live again. The increased reductions in spending to cause budget surpluses to pay down debt and sock away some money would make the state more attractive for people from other states as well as businesses, not to mention help to stem the flight of middle- and upper middle class families from the state. Make FC a great place to live again for wealthy NYC workers and hope to bring some of those firms to the state as well. How is that?

Comment

My alternative? Absolutely no tolls or tax increases. 10% cuts to the budget of every state agency across the board phased in 2-2.5% per year for the next 4-8 years and trim additional fat from departments where I can. Pension system will be honored for anyone with at least 10 years of service but starting next year, any contracts for all state workers will move retirement funding from pensions to 401ks with some matching by state to be paid in at the end of the fiscal year every year (no pushing more crap down stream for future generations). Minimum wage stays where it is or has nominal cost of living adjustments year to year only and no additions to FMLA. If things stabilize in 4 years and I get re-elected, I would begin to phase out state income tax by 0.5-.75% per year until it is gone too. Then I would hope to reduce gas and sales taxes and make this place a great place to live again. The increased reductions in spending to cause budget surpluses to pay down debt and sock away some money would make the state more attractive for people from other states as well as businesses, not to mention help to stem the flight of middle- and upper middle class families from the state. Make FC a great place to live again for wealthy NYC workers and hope to bring some of those firms to the state as well. How is that?
                      Pipe dream- don’t get me wrong you have a better plan than Lamont currently has but he will never cut anything
                      He is programmed to tax and spend and the public sector unions won’t give up anything
                      State is a dumpster fire

Comment

Pipe dream- don’t get me wrong you have a better plan than Lamont currently has but he will never cut anything
                        He is programmed to tax and spend and the public sector unions won’t give up anything
                        State is a dumpster fire
                        Yep, the state needs it own version of Trump.

Comment

Yep, the state needs it own version of Trump.
                          We need a capitalist in the governor s house

Comment

We need a capitalist in the governor s house
                            At least someone with a little sense.

Comment

amen brother. preach.

Comment

Lamont

Since you guys insist on posting about politics on a soccer board, I'll give you the inside tips.
                                Soccer coaches will have to now pay into their state funded retirement plans. 1.5 percent this year, 2 next year.All soccer equipment will now be taxed a a rate of 12.6 percent. Clubs will now be charged a 4 percent surcharge and all coaches will need to have a State of CT Coaching license, renewed every 4 yrs at DMV for a cost of $36.

GO START A POLITICAL BOARD AND POST THERE!!!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X