Matchfit Academy - Reviews?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shame you must criticize such a nice and talented group of girls.

Comment

Can’t win a game (2006) but they can do somersaults and eat cupcakes like no one else!

ECNL = 2006 team bottom tier in the league

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        You must be jealous they are a very good team, why else would they be playing top level ECNL????
        You are joking right?? There are some really bad teams in the ECNL- Just because they are in ECNL it means nothing.

Comment

There’s a girl from MF on my daughter’s school team.

I may go there to demand the parents get their money back.

Comment

Can’t win a game (2006) but they can do somersaults and eat cupcakes like no one else!

ECNL = 2006 team bottom tier in the league
            They have some really talented girls on that team the problem is the parents. Everyone is out to get each other. The team will never win if they don't all come together but the jealousy is outrageous and its showing on the field big time! Sad that the parents brain wash these kids into thinking they are the best on the team instead of letting them know they are a part of the team. There are favorites who absolutely should have the least playing time but hasn't ever changed in all these years and just getting worse now. The 05 and 07 teams seem to not have this problem. Solid groups in the age...

Comment

That is very true but I would also like to add for every generator you fill up your kid gets credited with a full game played. So soccer moms kid who btw is really a dad has enough full games credited until she goes to college!
              this is becoming truer and truer

Comment

both...away games are about $100 per player and tourneys anywhere from $150 - $275 per family

never been asked to pay for an away game...yet

Comment

Hows the goalie situation working out on the 2006 ecnl team? Heard promises were made recently.

Comment

They have some really talented girls on that team the problem is the parents. Everyone is out to get each other. The team will never win if they don't all come together but the jealousy is outrageous and its showing on the field big time! Sad that the parents brain wash these kids into thinking they are the best on the team instead of letting them know they are a part of the team. There are favorites who absolutely should have the least playing time but hasn't ever changed in all these years and just getting worse now. The 05 and 07 teams seem to not have this problem. Solid groups in the age...
                    They do have some talented girls on the 2006 ecnl but talent doesnt get you playing time at match fit. You get playing time at Match Fit by filling up generators,making cutting boards , going on social media to pump up match fit and kissing azz.

Comment

They do have some talented girls on the 2006 ecnl but talent doesnt get you playing time at match fit. You get playing time at Match Fit by filling up generators,making cutting boards , going on social media to pump up match fit and kissing azz.
                      yes indeed! But my question is and this may sound dumb but Im being honest Don't the Matchfit coaches want to win and want to have great talked about teams? Or they are ok losing and looking weaker every week do they even care?

Comment

never been asked to pay for an away game...yet
                        So you're the one. Guess filling generators counts as time served.

Comment

yes indeed! But my question is and this may sound dumb but Im being honest Don't the Matchfit coaches want to win and want to have great talked about teams? Or they are ok losing and looking weaker every week do they even care?
                          It's all about $$$. So the key is run it like a marketing firm, not a soccer club. Bring in the top quality late in their youth career (sometimes as Discovery Players) so you can claim them as alums. This gives the new to soccer parents hope and validation that their own kid is the next Malory Pugh.

Next is to get the rosters as big as possible. Most likely from player 19-25 tuition fees go right into you know who's pocket.

Next is to charge expenses to parents for Showcases and those great weekends to Mass and Md. Charge $100-$275 per player + 18 players makes for a good weekend.

And lastly claim on your tax returns tournament expenses in excess of $400k as a club. But in reality the parents paid those expenses, so anyone's guess why MFA would do that (I am not an accountant).

So do they care about winning? Probably. But they care more about making money.

Comment

It’s all about the kids! The 06s are having lots of fun, win lose or draw, that’s all I care about! Nice group of girls and families...everyone gets along great!! If the pictures posted don’t tell the story I don’t know what does, they are all constantly smiling and having a great time. Also the coaches treat them great very positive, supportive and nice.

Comment

It's all about $$$. So the key is run it like a marketing firm, not a soccer club. Bring in the top quality late in their youth career (sometimes as Discovery Players) so you can claim them as alums. This gives the new to soccer parents hope and validation that their own kid is the next Malory Pugh.

Next is to get the rosters as big as possible. Most likely from player 19-25 tuition fees go right into you know who's pocket.

Next is to charge expenses to parents for Showcases and those great weekends to Mass and Md. Charge $100-$275 per player + 18 players makes for a good weekend.

And lastly claim on your tax returns tournament expenses in excess of $400k as a club. But in reality the parents paid those expenses, so anyone's guess why MFA would do that (I am not an accountant).

So do they care about winning? Probably. But they care more about making money.
                              gotcha.. Thanks

Comment

It’s all about the kids! The 06s are having lots of fun, win lose or draw, that’s all I care about! Nice group of girls and families...everyone gets along great!! If the pictures posted don’t tell the story I don’t know what does, they are all constantly smiling and having a great time. Also the coaches treat them great very positive, supportive and nice.
                                I have to disagree on that. I heard it for myself all the parents bickering and talking about other players. Some moms need to look around before they open their mouths...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X