Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So Weston goes out of business for third time Sunrise saves them and you say Weston is place to be. Your a moron. All their teams suck and they have formed an alliance with every subpar program out there. The players they will get will be subpar as well. Laughable actually.
    Yeah cuz all the girls “talent” is at sunrise working on academic scholarships - now that’s lol

Comment

Yeah cuz all the girls “talent” is at sunrise working on academic scholarships - now that’s lol

Here's the solution to the nonsense on this thread, and all other South Florida-related threads:

-Merge Weston, Sunrise, West Pines, and Miramar into one "super club" with a new name.

- The combined top team will play DA/GDA
      - The Second team, or those who "must" play high school, plays ECNL
      - The Third Team plays in the National League
      - The Fourth Team plays FSPL

- The combined clubs would have 24 fields and the premier talent in the State.

No brainer.. kill the egos... Do what's best for the kids!!

Comment

Here's the solution to the nonsense on this thread, and all other South Florida-related threads:

-Merge Weston, Sunrise, West Pines, and Miramar into one "super club" with a new name.

every DOC wants more money and not about the "kiddos" but who makes more money and takes a bigger piece of the pie... Is there even anything left in WPU?

This would be awesome but don't see any of these or other clubs wanting to change their names to something new for the better of the players. In the end its a money game more than the kids development, etc.

Comment

Will never happen.

Makes too much sense and is all about the players best interests. So...unfortunately it wont happen.

Comment

Lets see what each of these of clubs contributes to this "dream scenario" ? :

- Weston has the DA/GDA Brand, plenty of reserves, and a solid operating structure
            - Sunrise has the top girls talent; although mostly recruited from other clubs.
            - Miramar has a 6 fields and some elite boys talent at older ages
            - West Pines also has fields, decent talent at U14 and younger, and sits on a deep talent pool from which Sunrise has made a living.

Comment

Thanks for the tutorial and driving home my point.

I guess the problem I have is the duplicitous way that Sunrise markets their “greatness.” They point to their stellar W-L record and lengthy commitment list as proof and naive parents and players eat it up. What they don’t point out is that 90% of their wins come against scrub teams in weak leagues and when they do run up against better teams in the big tournaments they usually spilt those. The commitment list is impressive. Certainly, stronger than most clubs....mostly due to recruiting strong players that likely would have gotten offers no matter where they played. Couple those commitments with the high achieving students from the private HS down in SF that are good enough players to get a State school offer because the Florida coaches don’t have to put any real athletic money on the line. Good players that are low risk safe investments for coaches. I feel like Sunrise over states what they do for these players, and parents see the commitment list and think Sunrise is getting all these girls soccer scholarships...when really all they did was find a place for a great student (academic money) to play soccer.

I look at a program up in my neck of the woods and see USA GDA (former Clay) getting girls committed to Virgina (multiple), UNC, UCLA (multiple), VaTech, Auburn, USC, U of South Carolina, and more...Those players aren’t just getting academic money from in state schools. They’re getting athletic money and lots of it to attend big time programs. Maybe Clay should do a better job marketing that.

Look, I have no grudge against Sunrise at all and they should be commended for finding players a home and a place to play. I just think more exposure and a bigger platform, especiially nowadays, perhaps would have lead to bigger opportunities. Admittedly, I’m not completely dialed into the SF scene and it appears to be....confused to say the least. A lot like the younger age groups up here.

I didn’t start the thread and I’m done commenting on Sunrise. Good luck.
              DAYYYYYUMN!!!!

Enjoy it folks. It isn't often that someone lays down some cold hard facts instead of innuendo or self promotion on this board. Whether you want to believe it or not, some of you now have some actual insight into how the landscape works.

Well done!

Now we can return this thread back to the trolls and delusional parents.

Comment

No brainer, heres the solution. Close Prime and DA's and let the clubs go back to competing on an even field. DA and ECNL here does not work!!!!! They are never going to compete with he rest of the country or even the state! Move on, they all are bad. go back to clubs only

Comment

No brainer, heres the solution. Close Prime and DA's and let the clubs go back to competing on an even field. DA and ECNL here does not work!!!!! They are never going to compete with he rest of the country or even the state! Move on, they all are bad. go back to clubs only
                  That was the landscape 4 years ago. Would simplify things. However, I would add the following rule.... There can only be one 1st Division FYSA club every 15 miles. That would eliminate all the satellite/spin-off clubs which are diluting the talent in South Florida. Furthermore, I would also restrict recruiting by forcing rosters to be comprised 70% of players living within that 15 mile radius. That would really hurt Sunrise.

Comment

That was the landscape 4 years ago. Would simplify things. However, I would add the following rule.... There can only be one 1st Division FYSA club every 15 miles. That would eliminate all the satellite/spin-off clubs which are diluting the talent in South Florida. Furthermore, I would also restrict recruiting by forcing rosters to be comprised 70% of players living within that 15 mile radius. That would really hurt Sunrise.
                    The 15 mile rule would suck for some places. We would be forced to play at a terrible club as the best one in our area is about 35 miles away. I’d say that 50% of the clubs players live outside of 15 miles away.

Comment

Spoken like a true moron. Go back to whatever communist country you came from.

Comment

"play at a national level" ?????

How on earth would you know? You're playing teams that are watered down because both ECNL and GDA have plucked top players out of your leagues.

Sounds like there is no good options down there in SF, but I can assure you that a regional or national rec league is not a good option.

Talent should consolidate in GDA or ECNL...where ever the best coaches are down there... and then see what you can do. Truly on a national level.
                        Because we've been playing against those same clubs for years.

Truth is that the bottom end of both GDA and ecnl suck and you can count every Florida wannabee club in those groups. The reality is that the GA and NC teams incessantly complain about the Florida clubs like the one you represent.

Comment

Truth is that the bottom end of both GDA and ecnl suck and you can count every Florida wannabee club in those groups. The reality is that the GA and NC teams incessantly complain about the Florida clubs like the one you represent.
                          IT must be nice to be able to have a club run effectively to develop talent.

Miami is an area that is very rich in great athletes and should be a leader in soccer. The biggest issue, as be mentioned, is talents is spread to thin and there are too few coaches who no how to develop and no one truly great soccer program.

Comment

Your leagues a horrible starting from the teams at the top. The sad part is you guys don't even realize it! LMAO

Comment

Your leagues a horrible starting from the teams at the top. The sad part is you guys don't even realize it! LMAO
                              Say what you want about leagues, but what would every club look like if Da or ecnl made decisions based on merit and not on politics? Sunrise is the top program and anyone who is not biased or has an axe to grind can see that. If ecnl ever wised up Florida wouldn’t be the joke it is.

Comment

Say what you want about leagues, but what would every club look like if Da or ecnl made decisions based on merit and not on politics? Sunrise is the top program and anyone who is not biased or has an axe to grind can see that. If ecnl ever wised up Florida wouldn’t be the joke it is.
                                How are the 2005s over at sunrise? Asking for a friend

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X