Varsity Coaching and Club Involvement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the "coach" responses are legit then good for you for trying to improve your team. Just don't pressure the kids to participate. There's probably many reasons why they don't play club soccer. If you last long term, my suggestion is for you to get involved with younger teams, either club level or town travel. Build the base there so that kids are better prepared once they start HS. Our HS coaches (boys and girls) have been involved with travel for years and usually coach a middle school team so they can see who they've got coming in, maybe nudge a few to move into premier. Most typical high schools will have a few club players and then mostly travel level and some great athletes. Few will be stacked with club players.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Good for you, Jamie. This internet warrior sounds like someone whose kid has been playing HS, isn't all that great, and is worried about losing playing time to the players who care enough to put in the work. I suggest you ignore this tool and focus on the players who care enough to improve. Posters like this don't care about the quality of the soccer program. They only care about how much PT their kid gets. They'll blow the whistle on their own school if they feel threatened.
      BTW, I agree with your suggestion that I should ignore this forum (I rarely take to the internet to air my views), but believe it or not I think I know who is the perpetrator of these fallacious, slandering remarks, and it's not a parent.

This person has undermined EVERYTHING I have done to advance the available programming here in our community for sake of her 'bleeding heart' approach and martyrdom. Her obvious lack of understanding, short sightedness and selfish desperation to hold onto to what she doesn't have, make it difficult for those of us trying to make the necessary changes to advance the game of soccer in this country.

"Those of you who are saying it cannot be done are annoying those of us who are doing it..."

She is all that is bad with the game, and should be relieved of her position.

I challenge her to reveal herself on this forum and stand behind her comments. Better still, she should take over the role of Head Soccer Coach at the High School and I can go back to the private sector...

We all know that won't happen!!! Guess I'm stuck with the job....

Comment

If the "coach" responses are legit then good for you for trying to improve your team. Just don't pressure the kids to participate. There's probably many reasons why they don't play club soccer. If you last long term, my suggestion is for you to get involved with younger teams, either club level or town travel. Build the base there so that kids are better prepared once they start HS. Our HS coaches (boys and girls) have been involved with travel for years and usually coach a middle school team so they can see who they've got coming in, maybe nudge a few to move into premier. Most typical high schools will have a few club players and then mostly travel level and some great athletes. Few will be stacked with club players.
        If you are truly interested, please visit our website and/or give me a ring and I will tell you what we have done over the past 18 months.

We run rec level programs for Wolfeboro, Moultonborough, Meredith.
        We run an Emerging Talent program 5 nights a week at The Knick.
        We run The Lakes Region Town League (u12) for rec level players.
        I ran 64 indoor sessions over the winter months in Gilford, Meredith and Conway.
        I took 53 kids to England last year.
        We've handed out over $10,000 in player fees through scholarships, grants and stipends.
        I coached the High School team (which is the only topic than anyone seems to be interested in).
        I ran a High School Development Program for players from 7 different school districts.
        We will run 6 teams out of The Nick this spring.
        We now have 9 coaches under our umbrella (4 from regional high schools) learning our Development Academy sessions from an online video guide that SUSC has put together ("Coaches Corner" on YouTube if you're interested).
        You can pick up pints of my blood at my training sessions....

I SIMPLY DON'T KNOW WHAT MORE YOU WANT FROM ME PEOPLE!!!!!!

\

Comment

Silence is golden...

That's what I get silence. My phone hasn't rang once, and nobody is responding here.

Guess I'll get back to work putting my next training session together.

Give me a call if you want to chat 'footy', I dare you....

See you on the pitch!

TTFN

Jamie Killeen
          603-986-0655
          Head Coach Kennett High School
          Seacoast United North Program Director-

Comment

What good would that do? I mean, SU has their enemies and people froth at the mouth whenever they see those letters. Heck, some may not even allow their kids to go to Syracuse because seeing those letters together triggers 'em
            Hahahahahahahahaha. Agreed. I know they won't call me, just being inflammatory to point out the hypocrisy of people who have very little information but like to give their opinions. Many simply follow the laws of the land because they are on the books. Few are willing to challenge the status quo. Rosa Parks my friend, Rosa Parks...

Comment

Jamie, DII girls soccer parent here from the southern part of the state. Don't change a thing you are doing and keep up the good work. Most will agree with everything you said and are trying to accomplish.

This site never ceases to amaze me. It should be about sharing information and celebrating the sport, the teams, and the kids. Almost always turn negative. Ah, the spineless nature of the internet.

Comment

Wow. So this seems to be the executive director of Mt. Washington Valley crying because she's losing players to SUSC. Quite frankly, if Mt. Washington Valley was doing their job, the HS most of these kids feed into wouldn't have such an abysmal record.

Good luck, coach. Hope you get the support to stick with it and start seeing the rewards in a few years.

Comment

Jamie, DII girls soccer parent here from the southern part of the state. Don't change a thing you are doing and keep up the good work. Most will agree with everything you said and are trying to accomplish.

This site never ceases to amaze me. It should be about sharing information and celebrating the sport, the teams, and the kids. Almost always turn negative. Ah, the spineless nature of the internet.
                  Thank you very much for the support. I appreciated your feedback. I intend to follow this through till the bitter end. Soccer (football) is a passion of mine, and I know I can make positive changes with the vision and support of a few others. More and more people are realizing that my influence is positive for the game, and comes from a place seared into the fabric of my being. I am thoroughly enjoying the challenge, and will continue to fight the good fight in the name of the game.

Thanks again for your backing...

Comment

If it is indeed the MWVSC director who started this thread it has seriously backfired and had made you look very petty.

Comment

Wow. So this seems to be the executive director of Mt. Washington Valley crying because she's losing players to SUSC. Quite frankly, if Mt. Washington Valley was doing their job, the HS most of these kids feed into wouldn't have such an abysmal record.

Good luck, coach. Hope you get the support to stick with it and start seeing the rewards in a few years.
                      Nail firmly struck on proverbial head!!!

Thanks for posting your comments. Small minded people need to be called out and stop hiding behind a keyboard. Better yet, I propose that someone on their board be brave enough to make a motion to replace the weak leadership that the MWVSC has in place. I hereby announce my candidacy as their new president. The organization has been stagnant for many years now, and to your point it has contributed little to nothing in regards to the level of soccer being produced by the high school teams. For example, the 'Technical Director' at the club has been the head boys coach at the high school for 5 years and has produced only 1 win in the past 32 games!!!! Please tell me how that is okay. The guy walks by me in the hallways, has never reached out for any help, does not respond to any of my emails or phone calls and is generally a soccer recluse. Please please tell me how that is good for the game????

My intent is to take the girls from 1 win to the playoffs within my 3 years as coach. We improved from 2 wins to 6 last year (400%) and all my best players are back for another year. We reduced our goals against by 35 (50%), and scored 12 more than the previous year (70%).

Please explain to me how this can be considered a bad thing for ANYONE involved (except those being exposed for their ineptitude).

Anyway, thanks for the support. I intend to keep fighting the good fight, and appreciate you calling out the naysayers and mud slingers....

Comment

If it is indeed the MWVSC director who started this thread it has seriously backfired and had made you look very petty.
                        To be honest, I am not certain that it was, but it would not surprise me as she has undermined everythingI have worked on for the past 2 years. The easiest way to find out is to have the person who started the thread own up and put their name on their comments...

Comment

He tells a good story, it's a shame that actions show true and reveal what a divisive, self-serving creature he is. Even Seacoast Management say they same when trying to smooth over the issues he creates. I guess he is a necessary evil in their quest for youth soccer domination!

Comment

Final thought...

Wouldn't it make more sense that a high school coach be required to align with a regional club rather than being forbidden, particularly if that club had a clearly defined player pathway with oversight and support from US Soccer?? In fact I think it should be a pre-requisite.

"Anyone wishing to coach at the high school level should register with their nearest US Development Academy club for 1 week of mandatory training with a certified club professional..."

Have the professionals oversee the program, not the part time volunteer father of the full back who thinks Queens Park Rangers are horsemen at Buckingham Palace.

Everyone would know their role, curriculum would be in place, coaches would have resources, club would have a vested interest, and players would have a clear defined pathway both locally, regionally, and nationally.

As we all know, this will never happen, so soccer will always be the proverbial 'red-headed step child' of sports in the US.

So in answer to the question originally posed, whatever the guidelines suggest, wouldn't it be stupid if a well meaning coach from a professional organization was marginalized at a high school for simply providing quality instruction and then sharing with EVERYONE the source of his success?

We're not all that stupid, are we???

See you on the pitch!

Comment

He tells a good story, it's a shame that actions show true and reveal what a divisive, self-serving creature he is. Even Seacoast Management say they same when trying to smooth over the issues he creates. I guess he is a necessary evil in their quest for youth soccer domination!
                              Still no name on these negative comments!!!

Reveal yourself and let it be known in the public square...

Comment

Still no name on these negative comments!!!

Reveal yourself and let it be known in the public square...
                                More importantly, throw out some ideas on how we can improve soccer at Kennett High School without violating NHIAA guidelines. I believe that was your original concern wasn't it?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X