Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Townhalls are for Suckers

There is something quite entertaining about a mob of angry soccer parents, particularly at someone else's club. . . from discussion about Galaxy South Bay, which is apparently falling apart, notwithstanding the shiny MLS patches on their shirts:

"Galaxy front office (president, GM) opened up with some remarks and then parents started unloading at the club board president. The only speaker who was received positively was the new boys director...he is the best person for the job and I can speak personally that he is committed to families and players. That said, the club will deal with issues for the coming year and it may get worse before it gets better. But having the right person in the boys director position is a step in the right direction."

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There is something quite entertaining about a mob of angry soccer parents, particularly at someone else's club. . . from discussion about Galaxy South Bay, which is apparently falling apart, notwithstanding the shiny MLS patches on their shirts:

"Galaxy front office (president, GM) opened up with some remarks and then parents started unloading at the club board president. The only speaker who was received positively was the new boys director...he is the best person for the job and I can speak personally that he is committed to families and players. That said, the club will deal with issues for the coming year and it may get worse before it gets better. But having the right person in the boys director position is a step in the right direction."
    This the LA Galaxy? And is this an actual academy team (i.e. training handpicked prospects in the hope of an eventual first-team placement or sale), or a pay-to-play club team that simply calls themselves the Galaxy?

The actual LA Galaxy academy in LA is quite well-regarded; and since it is an actual academy, not a pay-to-play outfit, the parents really have no say in how it is run; they are not customers. Don't know about their various satellite academies in places like the Bay Area or San Diego; these could easily be something else altogether.

At least the Timbers make the distinction between their own academy and the Alliance clubs fairly clear, although folks outside Oregon might not understand the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      This the LA Galaxy? And is this an actual academy team (i.e. training handpicked prospects in the hope of an eventual first-team placement or sale), or a pay-to-play club team that simply calls themselves the Galaxy?

The actual LA Galaxy academy in LA is quite well-regarded; and since it is an actual academy, not a pay-to-play outfit, the parents really have no say in how it is run; they are not customers. Don't know about their various satellite academies in places like the Bay Area or San Diego; these could easily be something else altogether.

At least the Timbers make the distinction between their own academy and the Alliance clubs fairly clear, although folks outside Oregon might not understand the difference.
      I think it is a Galaxy "alliance" club that is losing a bunch of teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X