Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If I look at the prior poster's comments, I don't think the issue is roster size or playing time -- the point is that MFA has no development model or player pool to pull from. So in order to build teams the only way they can do that is to bring large numbers of kids in from the outside (again not a crime), but this entire post was started but someone looking for information on the younger set and development information. Its a free market and kids come and go from teams / clubs every year, but it doesn't seem that MFA has a good starting core.
    Okay I see your point and I will agree to slightly disagree lol. I still think at that age group nobody really has a pool of players at this age group as kids are still growing and parents are still settled in where they started. This is one of the years where you see a lot of movement so its a normal transition in my eyes. They just decided to move before tryouts I assume

Comment

I still don't understand why them bringing in 8 kids to that group is such a big deal. They were low in numbers at that age group to start. So now they have 22 players.......big deal several of other clubs have that same number of players at this age. The beauty of the ECNL is that you have 2 games a weekend and all the kids will have their opportunity to see some sort of playing time. Really did not think it was a crime to add players.

Check the roster on ECNL website. 25 on it now and more came over that arent posted yet. As a parent on this team already I would be pissed that I paid for a full year and all these players came in for FREE!

Yes it just business. Blah blah. I can tell you that PDA and World Class don't need to bring in that many kids mid year. 1 or 2 superstars maybe but 8?

Comment

Okay I see your point and I will agree to slightly disagree lol. I still think at that age group nobody really has a pool of players at this age group as kids are still growing and parents are still settled in where they started. This is one of the years where you see a lot of movement so its a normal transition in my eyes. They just decided to move before tryouts I assume
        PDA and World Class have a great pool of players at this age and the years below. Perhaps this is why the 8 players did not land there....

Comment

PDA and World Class have a great pool of players at this age and the years below. Perhaps this is why the 8 players did not land there....
          PDA is already carrying between 22-25 girls on most rosters. They can't (really shouldn't) take more kids on their rosters. It wouldn't surprise me though because teams are all about the money. Chasing wins to pump up the teams profile is secondary and development a distant third. What's another cone at practice with +$3,000 attached?

Comment

Check the roster on ECNL website. 25 on it now and more came over that arent posted yet. As a parent on this team already I would be pissed that I paid for a full year and all these players came in for FREE!

Yes it just business. Blah blah. I can tell you that PDA and World Class don't need to bring in that many kids mid year. 1 or 2 superstars maybe but 8?
            Again you could be right....I didn't check the website but if you are a parent on the team which I can either assume or not assume but to think all these kids came in for FREE I highly doubt that and Matchfit does offer scholarships for families that in need so I have no issue with the FREE part. I just find it odd that that folks are upset about the addition of these kids. Who is coaching this team now Bucci or the new girl. Maybe the kids came in for her or and if not how does she feel about them being added to her team and who is to say that she has to keep them. That would be a good way to lose a coach by adding players to an already full roster as you say.

Comment

True and to the point of MF not doing a good job developing from the younger ages. No pool of talent so need to pull kids in to have a competitive team.

Comment

PDA is already carrying between 22-25 girls on most rosters. They can't (really shouldn't) take more kids on their rosters. It wouldn't surprise me though because teams are all about the money. Chasing wins to pump up the teams profile is secondary and development a distant third. What's another cone at practice with +$3,000 attached?
                Looking at PDA's roster they have 21 players at this age so who's to say that they won't add more or if those additional girls tried to go there first.

Comment

Looking at PDA's roster they have 21 players at this age so who's to say that they won't add more or if those additional girls tried to go there first.
                  21 on the A team and 20 on the B team

Comment

Okay doesn't seem a lot with you are carrying two goalies at this age group but who knows

Comment

Okay doesn't seem a lot with you are carrying two goalies at this age group but who knows
                      Only 18 can be rostered for a game in ECNL. Why would you keep adding after #21? $$$? Practice cones!!

Comment

So the Morris County struggle for players begins .... looks like MFA has moved up their pre-ECNL tryouts for up to the 2007 age group by a few weeks to more closely align with STA's dates....

But no one thinks that players are running to STA (expect for MFA management).

Comment

So the Morris County struggle for players begins .... looks like MFA has moved up their pre-ECNL tryouts for up to the 2007 age group by a few weeks to more closely align with STA's dates....

But no one thinks that players are running to STA (expect for MFA management).

LOL. If STA got ECNL then Matchfit would certainly need to be worried. If DA allows high school play Matchfit would certainly need to worry

Comment

LOL. If STA got ECNL then Matchfit would certainly need to be worried. If DA allows high school play Matchfit would certainly need to worry
                            And as rumored if DA is not allowing High School soccer. They don't care about High School soccer

Comment

And they still can't find 11 who can play together. Bravo Bucci!

By the way, that MF Boys 06 ECNL team trained by Rick Le was good, what happened? Why did everyone leave it? I disagree with that POST that says this team bad, unless boys ECNL sucks. Looking back at game history, it used to be a very good team.

Here's gotsoccer, game history:
                              https://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/...?TeamID=692474

Here's boys ECNL standings:
                              http://www.boysecnl.com/northeast-standings/

Look at the game history. There's few teams at MF to play for on the Boys' side, they are not competitive. Forget about gotsoccer points, look at competition up and down and who they are playing. For the MF 06 Boys' team to lose to NJ Elite Litmanen, which is just 20 miles away in distance, and lose all those games against GPS in September, yep, that's bad. But it also looks bad for the Boys' Northeast ECNL when a team in the top of the division can't beat teams outside of ECNL.

And, it wasn't just 1 loss, it was many. And recently, getting blown out 6-3 in Futsal, by Ironbound. Futsal doesn't translate well, but 6 - 3, that was a long hour for those 12 year olds.

Comment

I am like the OP here looking for feedback on Match fit. Who is this Bucci guy? is he the owner or a coach?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X