Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecnl sucks now.

I’d hope cu can best B and C team players.

It’s not even a bragging point.

You are paying 10k a year to fly and play terrible teams that hide and say they are good.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Ecnl sucks now.

I’d hope cu can best B and C team players.

It’s not even a bragging point.

You are paying 10k a year to fly and play terrible teams that hide and say they are good.
      You my friend are kinda nuts. Go sell crazy somewhere else.

Comment

You my friend are kinda nuts. Go sell crazy somewhere else.
        Just ignore anonymous people posting stupid things for the sake of posting stupid things. At the end of the say that is all stupid people can do.

Comment

Just ignore anonymous people posting stupid things for the sake of posting stupid things. At the end of the say that is all stupid people can do.
          Just ignore anonymous people posting stupid things for the sake of posting stupid things. At the end of the say that is all stupid people can do..... but please remember to add derogatory comments to the dozen or so Thorn's bashing threads that I have stated. We need to deflect from our own shortcomings.

Comment

Just ignore anonymous people posting stupid things for the sake of posting stupid things. At the end of the say that is all stupid people can do..... but please remember to add derogatory comments to the dozen or so Thorn's bashing threads that I have stated. We need to deflect from our own shortcomings.
            Truth

Comment

Can an ECNL parent please give an honest estimate of how much they paid in the last calendar year for soccer?

Comment

Can an ECNL parent please give an honest estimate of how much they paid in the last calendar year for soccer?
                Full season: May - June (~13 months less 3 month fall break for HS)
                Club Fees = $2300 (coaches/refs/fields/registration)
                Travel = $4000 (3x Seattle, 2 showcases, 1 playoff)

Training 3-4x week
                14 league games, 3 extra tourney games, 6 showcase games, ~3 playoff games

Total = $6300

Comment

Not sure who responded but we are paying 1k per travel Showcase. I don’t think the above poster was being completely upfront with the costs

Comment

Not sure who responded but we are paying 1k per travel Showcase. I don’t think the above poster was being completely upfront with the costs
                    You are not paying $1000/showcase unless you are traveling with your kid. Which is an entirely different story.

GDA players pay $4000/year and that is shouted from the rooftops here. I see parents on social media all the time posting pix of themselves in Florida or So Cal or wherever, watching their Thorns girls play. Yet you never see someone on here saying "well I spent $6000 with travel last year for Thorns."

That's because it's understood that parents' travel is not part of the equation. If you can afford it, you do it, and you should be thankful you are able to. If not, you don't. Either way, it's not part of the "cost" of ECNL or Thorns Academy.

Comment

You are not paying $1000/showcase unless you are traveling with your kid. Which is an entirely different story.

GDA players pay $4000/year and that is shouted from the rooftops here. I see parents on social media all the time posting pix of themselves in Florida or So Cal or wherever, watching their Thorns girls play. Yet you never see someone on here saying "well I spent $6000 with travel last year for Thorns."

That's because it's understood that parents' travel is not part of the equation. If you can afford it, you do it, and you should be thankful you are able to. If not, you don't. Either way, it's not part of the "cost" of ECNL or Thorns Academy.
                      Agreed. I wouldn't add the parent travel cost into the equation at all. I also think that 3 trips to Seattle doesn't cost very much ... again, assuming you are not counting parent costs, since they sleep 4 to a room.

Comment

Is ECNL going to high school graduation year format next season? When will this be decided?

Comment

Full season: May - June (~13 months less 3 month fall break for HS)
                          Club Fees = $2300 (coaches/refs/fields/registration)
                          Travel = $4000 (3x Seattle, 2 showcases, 1 playoff)

Training 3-4x week
                          14 league games, 3 extra tourney games, 6 showcase games, ~3 playoff games

Total = $6300
                          The costs have come down now that they've clustered OR, WA and ID and pulled out the UT and CO teams to another division. Don't forget to add the coaches travel. And private lessons with him/her if you're the type of parent that needs to "train for time".

Comment

The costs have come down now that they've clustered OR, WA and ID and pulled out the UT and CO teams to another division. Don't forget to add the coaches travel. And private lessons with him/her if you're the type of parent that needs to "train for time".
                            Sign my kids up! It's like gambling. Pay 50 g's by the time they get to college and hope that they can get a scholarship to Concordia. Then they can flame out of soccer and I can get stuck holding the bag for the tuition as well. I'm going to go buy some scratchers and a powerball ticket! Good news is that when I am nervous I'll just get on here and troll the Thorn's so that I don't have to pay a shrink to alleviate all of this anxiety!

Comment

It's still an absurd amount of travel and cost. So is GDA.

Comment

It's still an absurd amount of travel and cost. So is GDA.
                                It's really not that much traveling. At least getting out of OYSA you're not stuck driving all over the state. Would much rather drive to Seattle a few times than Medford or Grants Pass one time. But I do agree that GDA is too much travel. Especially to travel and get completely stomped every time. Must get exhausting.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X