ODP Rigged

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Youth NT and NT Players are not chosen based on potential and/or development within NT program, they are chosen based on who can help the team win today. Long term development is the player's responsibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      So serious question then.

-my kid is small
      -I dont have the $ to buy my kids way in, and wouldn't if I did
      -My wife didn't make a single trip to auburndale
      -I'm not blowing any coaches

How did my kid still get picked up to go to Alabama ??!
      what age? Size really an issue at 2005 level and below (04, 03) as there can be a big difference in size as puberty affects some earlier than others.

Comment

Youth NT and NT Players are not chosen based on potential and/or development within NT program, they are chosen based on who can help the team win today. Long term development is the player's responsibility.
        yet USSF wants people to believe DA provides the best training grounds for them. You're right, much of it is up to the players. But when some top players are stuck with clubs that don't have great training that certainly isn't pushing them further ahead

Comment

Any player needs to move on if not challenged.

Comment

Don’t let them fool you, the A team and the B team have already been decided. Been there done that
            Teams have been made up already. All players are mostly from 1 club ML for 02g team. ED is also a coach at 2000g ML team and coach for 02g odp A team. All his club players were selected for his A team. Not fair for the rest of the players but it is just politics. I want my kid to still attend since it is her last year but to be honest, not sure if it is really worth all the expenses. Nothing has come out of having the odp state team title unless you are a region player you have great opportunities but those teams are made up already so whats the point to continue.

Comment

such a clues idiotic statement! MESSI is 5 feet tall,, look at the girls national team. since Abby wambach, there hasent been a girl over 5 10,, crystal dun is 5 3. that size thing is told by very inexperienced coaches and the dopey parents who listen! size means nothing in soccer unless your a goalie
              https://www.ussoccer.com/players/m/samantha-mewis#tab-1

🤔
              A smidge past 5’10- wouldn’t you say?

Comment

What’s your point?

Comment

What’s your point?
                  It dosen't affect me but if you know what to do then Size doesn't matter. Right Moms ?

Comment

https://www.ussoccer.com/players/m/samantha-mewis#tab-1

🤔
                    A smidge past 5’10- wouldn’t you say?

Holy Amazons.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pausatio horto est asinus View Post
                      Funny how rigged the ODP is. Where coaches choose half of their own team to participate in the Regional Camp. Seriously, how can one team in a lightly populated area have 4 eleven year old girls that represent the future of Women's soccer. Folks it's just not statistically possible. If FYSA WANTS TO GROW THE ODP PROGRAM THEN RIGGING A BUNCH OF 5TH GRADERS NEEDS TO ADDRESSED. DOC'S USING THE ODP TO MARKET THEIR OWN PROGRAM IS ANTITHETICAL TO PLAYER DEVELOPMENT...
                      ODP is a money grab... why are parents still falling for this?

Comment

ODP is a money grab... why are parents still falling for this?
                        Agreed

Comment

Agreed
                          All of youth soccer is a money grab. Can you get it through your thick skull????? If your kid is on a top team, you are paying at least $5k a year in fees, travel, training and equipment. At least. Add that up for 6 years or so and it is more expensive and much more time intensive than a Florida prepaid college plan. Not close really. So for you to complain about odp and it’s $1000-$2000 in cost per year, is laughable. Complain about your own wasteful spending and let me worry about mine.

Comment

So serious question then.

-my kid is small
                            -I dont have the $ to buy my kids way in, and wouldn't if I did
                            -My wife didn't make a single trip to auburndale
                            -I'm not blowing any coaches

How did my kid still get picked up to go to Alabama ??!
                            For sure He is very fast a good runner.

Comment

All of youth soccer is a money grab. Can you get it through your thick skull????? If your kid is on a top team, you are paying at least $5k a year in fees, travel, training and equipment. At least. Add that up for 6 years or so and it is more expensive and much more time intensive than a Florida prepaid college plan. Not close really. So for you to complain about odp and it’s $1000-$2000 in cost per year, is laughable. Complain about your own wasteful spending and let me worry about mine.
                              ^^^^^^ post of THE YEAR. Excellent post. Couldn’t agree more. We are all suckers.

Comment

Wambach was coming off the bench when they won the last world cup. So there is that.
                                Wambach's advice is to be a leader on and off the bench.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X