Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Of the top 10 in GS ranked 99 U18 teams it is impossible to know which among them bring only 99s to NOL matches. Some do all the time like ours and others never. Ours is one that always does. Most like ours will probably be mid table in NPL due in part to age disparity. Don't read too Mitch into the greedy little mouse qualifiers . Some of the teams were newly formed and it was early season. Mouse tourneys later in year more an indicator. Then as always you will see surprises at State Cup. And then you will see the drivers of those surprise developers siphoned off by DA and the cycle continues next season. Good luck and development to all.
    It will interesting to see what happens. I had heard that OCYS had a number of players that may move into their DA ranks which make sense given their dominance in the FSPL. Just speculation...

Comment

The gotsoccer points need to be thought of as groupings. Otherwise it doesn't make sense. The #5 team (OCYS) destroyed #4 by a score of 6-0, soundly beat #3 in their most recent FSPL matchup, and dominated #2 in FSPL as well. So maybe think of it as a group of 1-5 as "A" level, 5-10 as A- or B, etc?
      Quick shout out to FCF, please register a new team with the fysa if you are not able to field the team that won 18,000 GS points last year. While Davie is a good team, they did not deserve to walk away from the west pines event with 2200 points and leapfrog ahead of other teams. Whatever credibility these GS rankings have is diminished by this sort of occurrence.

Also, there is a competing ranking system that takes into account who you lose to in the calculation. It will be back online soon using results from this year only and arguably will be more accurate than GS given the birth year change.

Comment

Predictions

Holy crap, got so caught up in the election brouhaha that I almost forgot to post! Coming into this weekend's slate of games my record stands at 17-6-4.

SATURDAY
        OC vs. Lee County There's no reason to think OC stumbles, Orlando City.

GPS West vs. GPS Orlando Nothing like a little intra-club rivalry to make the MATCH OF THE DAY! This looks like a pretty good matchup. Both teams are hovering around the middle of the table, and GPS West's game against hapless Strictly was rained out, otherwise they would have the same record. After a slow start, GPS West has been playing solidly and two of GPS Orlando's recent wins were by one goal vs. FCDEC and PBG. GPS Orlando DID blow out Strictly by 5, though, showing that they know how to pile on and finish the job if they get on top. It should be a really interesting game and evenly matched. I have to pick one, so I will go with GPS Orlando.

Strictly vs. Lake Worth Nobody really cares, LW is having their second dismal season in FSPL and Strictly looks lost. Strictly for the win.

WFF vs. PBG Another pretty good matchup. WFF seems to be catching their stride but PBG has proven tough for GPS Orlando and OCYS their past two games. PBG was the Cinderella story of FSPL last year, only to fade late in the season. They have to avoid that this season to battle into the top half of the bracket. However, I have to go with WFF.

RM vs. BSA Maybe RM can muster another tie, but I doubt it, BSA.

Rush vs. CES Have to pick the favorite, CES.

Davie vs. FCDEC There has been a lot of knashing of teeth over the number of points Davie received from the West Pine Classic. In group play they tied the #16 team, beat the 68th ranked team by one goal, beat the 59th ranked team, and then beat the 14th ranked team by one goal to snag 2100 GS points because the FCF Prep Academy entered and dropped an egg in the other bracket. Those points vaulted Davie to the #5 slot. Granted, that is not their fault and they are currently 3rd in FSPL. However, they have only played two teams in the top half of the table (beating #6 Lee County 5-1 and a draw with CES) and scheduling allowed them to avoid powerhouse teams like OCYS, ACYS, WFF. They have a lot of work to do stake a claim to the top 5. But, they SHOULD be able to take care of FCDEC, pick Davie.

ACYS vs. CSU No problem here for ACYS.

SUNDAY
        CES vs. BSA CES

Rush vs. RM Rush should pick up their 4th win.

Davie vs. ACYS This is the MATCH OF THE DAY. As stated above, if Davie wants respect these are the games in which they will have to earn it. I don't think they can match up, but the question is how close the outcome will be. ACYS is my winner.

CSU vs. FCDEC CSU should have no problem, but FCDEC has been a thorn in my ass all season-winning when they should have no chance and losing when they should win. But I have to go with my head and pick CSU.

Strictly vs. PBG Both teams are in the bottom half of the table and could be tied on points if Strictly had played another game (but not likely). It's looking bad for Strictly, I pick PBG.

WFF vs. LW WFF.

OCYS vs. GPS West OCYS.

GPS Orlando vs. Lee County If it weren't for the Davie ACYS matchup this would be the MOTD. #7 vs. #8 on the table, identical records and only 1 goal difference in GD. Arguably, GPS Orlando has played a little tougher schedule. Because of that, I am giving the nod in the coin toss to GPS Orlando.

Safe travels to all and good luck!

Comment

Gps west 2 gps Orlando 0

Comment

Of the top 10 in GS ranked 99 U18 teams it is impossible to know which among them bring only 99s to NOL matches. Some do all the time like ours and others never. Ours is one that always does. Most like ours will probably be mid table in NPL due in part to age disparity. Don't read too Mitch into the greedy little mouse qualifiers . Some of the teams were newly formed and it was early season. Mouse tourneys later in year more an indicator. Then as always you will see surprises at State Cup. And then you will see the drivers of those surprise developers siphoned off by DA and the cycle continues next season. Good luck and development to all.
            Most teams are playing '99/'98 teams in NPL, FSPL in combined U18/U19 age groups. In my opinion this renders the table standings only slightly relevant to team rankings in GotSoccer, which are birth year specific. GotSoccer rankings are going to be the better place to judge talent within birth year sets compared to NPL, FSPL table standings, but with the problem of last years points contaminating this years rankings, one needs to look at points accumulated this year. These will be mainly from tournaments like Disney, State Cup, but also games these clubs play in U18/U19 leagues as '99 or U18 teams. In those games, they will get GotSoccer points for victories against older, more highly ranked U18/U19 teams.

And all the stuff about rankings not mattering I just dont buy. The best players are on teams that win, because they make them win, and when they win they get attention from colleges and other scouts. That is not to say a good player cannot be on a team that loses, but it is to say he will deservedly get less attention. It is definitely about the individual, not the team, but the best individuals play in the context of teams and make those teams win. We have been on very good teams in the past and received a lot of attention, and on bad teams and its like the games and individual performances for the latter do not even matter. Nobody sees, nobody cares, doesnt matter ...results not even recorded properly/officially online.

Comment

Originally posted by I put my name on it View Post
              Holy crap, got so caught up in the election brouhaha that I almost forgot to post! Coming into this weekend's slate of games my record stands at 17-6-4.

SATURDAY

GPS West vs. GPS Orlando Nothing like a little intra-club rivalry to make the MATCH OF THE DAY! This looks like a pretty good matchup. Both teams are hovering around the middle of the table, and GPS West's game against hapless Strictly was rained out, otherwise they would have the same record. After a slow start, GPS West has been playing solidly and two of GPS Orlando's recent wins were by one goal vs. FCDEC and PBG. GPS Orlando DID blow out Strictly by 5, though, showing that they know how to pile on and finish the job if they get on top. It should be a really interesting game and evenly matched. I have to pick one, so I will go with GPS Orlando.

Strictly vs. Lake Worth Nobody really cares, LW is having their second dismal season in FSPL and Strictly looks lost. Strictly for the win.

WFF vs. PBG Another pretty good matchup. WFF seems to be catching their stride but PBG has proven tough for GPS Orlando and OCYS their past two games. PBG was the Cinderella story of FSPL last year, only to fade late in the season. They have to avoid that this season to battle into the top half of the bracket. However, I have to go with WFF.

Davie vs. FCDEC There has been a lot of knashing of teeth over the number of points Davie received from the West Pine Classic. In group play they tied the #16 team, beat the 68th ranked team by one goal, beat the 59th ranked team, and then beat the 14th ranked team by one goal to snag 2100 GS points because the FCF Prep Academy entered and dropped an egg in the other bracket. Those points vaulted Davie to the #5 slot. Granted, that is not their fault and they are currently 3rd in FSPL. However, they have only played two teams in the top half of the table (beating #6 Lee County 5-1 and a draw with CES) and scheduling allowed them to avoid powerhouse teams like OCYS, ACYS, WFF. They have a lot of work to do stake a claim to the top 5. But, they SHOULD be able to take care of FCDEC, pick Davie.

SUNDAY
              CES vs. BSA CES

Davie vs. ACYS This is the MATCH OF THE DAY. As stated above, if Davie wants respect these are the games in which they will have to earn it. I don't think they can match up, but the question is how close the outcome will be. ACYS is my winner.

CSU vs. FCDEC CSU should have no problem, but FCDEC has been a thorn in my ass all season-winning when they should have no chance and losing when they should win. But I have to go with my head and pick CSU.

Strictly vs. PBG Both teams are in the bottom half of the table and could be tied on points if Strictly had played another game (but not likely). It's looking bad for Strictly, I pick PBG.

WFF vs. LW WFF.

OCYS vs. GPS West OCYS.

GPS Orlando vs. Lee County If it weren't for the Davie ACYS matchup this would be the MOTD. #7 vs. #8 on the table, identical records and only 1 goal difference in GD. Arguably, GPS Orlando has played a little tougher schedule. Because of that, I am giving the nod in the coin toss to GPS Orlando.

PBG was good last year because a bunch of Wellinngton players joined up. Some left have way through the season and the rest left when season was over. The team only has one offensive threat, and without WSC players the defense is subpar.

Comment

PBG was good last year because a bunch of Wellinngton players joined up. Some left have way through the season and the rest left when season was over. The team only has one offensive threat, and without WSC players the defense is subpar.
                And that one offensive threat is a total head case

Comment

SATURDAY

SUNDAY
                  CES vs. BSA CES

WFF vs. LW WFF.

OCYS vs. GPS West OCYS.

If your teams results have not been submitted please can someone remind the coach to make the call?

It would be interesting to hear what happened in the 8-5 ACYS v. Coral Spings game. Where both keepers red carded? :-)

Comment

FSPL Results

If your teams results have not been submitted please can someone remind the coach to make the call?

It would be interesting to hear what happened in the 8-5 ACYS v. Coral Spings game. Where both keepers red carded? :-)
                    Technically, it is the Team Manager for the HOME team that is responsible for posting game results. It is supposed to be done within 48 hours, but there is no penalty for not doing that. I asked out team manager what the procedure entails and it is an automated call-in number that can be done in minutes. It is ridiculous that teams don't do this.

Here are the slackers from this weekend:
                    Davie (two games)
                    GPS Orlando
                    GPS West
                    Real Miami
                    CSU

I assume the reported score on this thread for GPS West beating GPS Orlando is legit as no one contested that.

That leaves 5 results unknown out of 16, hopefully they will be updated today or tomorrow.

Comment

Technically, it is the Team Manager for the HOME team that is responsible for posting game results. It is supposed to be done within 48 hours, but there is no penalty for not doing that. I asked out team manager what the procedure entails and it is an automated call-in number that can be done in minutes. It is ridiculous that teams don't do this.

Here are the slackers from this weekend:
                      Davie (two games)
                      GPS Orlando
                      GPS West
                      Real Miami
                      CSU

I assume the reported score on this thread for GPS West beating GPS Orlando is legit as no one contested that.

That leaves 5 results unknown out of 16, hopefully they will be updated today or tomorrow.
                      there used to be a fine for non/late reporting, is that gone now?

Comment

there used to be a fine for non/late reporting, is that gone now?
                        Must not be enforced. We have a game against Real Miami that wasn't posted for 3 weeks, I emailed FYSA and they just said they had the game report and would do it for them.

Comment

Must not be enforced. We have a game against Real Miami that wasn't posted for 3 weeks, I emailed FYSA and they just said they had the game report and would do it for them.
                          *HAD a game

Comment

Results

While I prefer official results upon which to base my writing, deadbeat Team Managers from Davie, GPS Florida West, RM and GPS Orlando can't seem to find the time in their busy schedules to make a quick phone call.

So, I turn with trepidation to the TS community for scores from those games last weekend. I assume fraudulent scores will be called out and we can hopefully discern the true outcomes. My fellow TSers, what were the outcomes?

Comment

While I prefer official results upon which to base my writing, deadbeat Team Managers from Davie, GPS Florida West, RM and GPS Orlando can't seem to find the time in their busy schedules to make a quick phone call.

So, I turn with trepidation to the TS community for scores from those games last weekend. I assume fraudulent scores will be called out and we can hopefully discern the true outcomes. My fellow TSers, what were the outcomes?
                              Cubs 5 Indians 1

Comment

Unless there was a late goal that I missed, ACYS 5 - Davie 3 from Sunday.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X