Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No problem with that. This is America where capitalism was born. You work to make money, or you don't ?
    They are just trying to make some money legally, nothing wrong. the tournament is great
    good level teams U10-U14
    My problem is not with United Cup. It is with this system of never ending weekend tournaments. Most parents do not like it and see it for what it is. It is much better for the kids to have a league and go to very few weekend tournaments. It in no way produces better players. This is the mistaken assumption. People think because kids play every weekend they are improving. Not true. you can repeat the same mistake 200 times and not improve. It is better for kids to understand the game at a young age and slowly become competition ready by u14. That is why I said I prefer younger ones to watch soccer on Saturday morning and play ONE game a week. Starting from Labor day weekend, it is $$ making tournmanet after money making tournament. We, as parents, should put a stop to it because it does not further our goal of producing better players. It furthers the $$ goals of the organizers.

Comment

My problem is not with United Cup. It is with this system of never ending weekend tournaments. Most parents do not like it and see it for what it is. It is much better for the kids to have a league and go to very few weekend tournaments. It in no way produces better players. This is the mistaken assumption. People think because kids play every weekend they are improving. Not true. you can repeat the same mistake 200 times and not improve. It is better for kids to understand the game at a young age and slowly become competition ready by u14. That is why I said I prefer younger ones to watch soccer on Saturday morning and play ONE game a week. Starting from Labor day weekend, it is $$ making tournmanet after money making tournament. We, as parents, should put a stop to it because it does not further our goal of producing better players. It furthers the $$ goals of the organizers.
      Thank you Elizabeth Warren!

Comment

Yes! It's me Pocahontas!

Comment

I will be your president in 2024. First act will be to eliminate united cup. enjoy it while it lasts. make your money while you can.

Comment

Wow..What a mess of a tournament

Comment

Wow..What a mess of a tournament

Please explain what you mean. What happened, or didn't happen?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X