Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some parents go overboard no doubt.

Some refs do too.. You get these children who look like they need babysitters themselves making terrible calls. With all the backlash against spectators now these kids think they are above any question no matter how bad they ref a game.

You can see it now with rules in youth soccer no yelling on sideline, no insubordination allowed no nothing... you either cheer or you are kicked out.

My kid got clobbered in a game today.. kicked hard in leg.. easy call except never came. I muttered "are you gonna call that." This little pr@ck about 5 min later says he's going to give our coach a yellow card if one more comment!

Are you f'in kidding me!!

Now we have little Caesar's running around the field who don't know the game.

It's for no wonder the youth game is such a mess!

I know there are issues with parents believe me but let's not go to far in the other direction unless we want our kids playing baseball instead. Just sayin'

Comment

Where that comes from is they listen to the older d!ckheads like Cujo and think that they have be arrogant asshats to ref a game. That's a huge problem for the sport.

Comment

No doubt some ref will come onboard and say the kid was right and you don't know the actual rules. Then praise the kid for standing up to the parents on the sidelines.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Spot on; a lot is invested in player development - nothing much is invested in referee development. How I've become stronger as a referee is embracing the challenging assignments. Generally the sub 18 year old refs aren't being developed and are really just thrown 2 or 3 game AR sets every Saturday; and they'll be used on Sunday if not enough qualified refs are available.
          Not enough trainers? Get involved - become a trainer.

Comment

My kid got clobbered in a game today.. kicked hard in leg.. easy call except never came. I muttered "are you gonna call that." This little pr@ck about 5 min later says he's going to give our coach a yellow card if one more comment!

Are you f'in kidding me!!
            No. I'm not kidding you.

You'll look back on this post 5-10 years from now, IF you're kid is still playing, at all, in high school, and probably laugh...mostly at yourself.

Comment

Where that comes from is they listen to the older d!ckheads like Cujo and think that they have be arrogant asshats to ref a game. That's a huge problem for the sport.
              Kids referees thinking they need to be arrogant is a huge problem?

Said no kid referee, or their parent hoping this isn't the weekend they finally quit reffing, ever.

Comment

How many times do you have to repeatedly post to agree with yourself? Why not just state your point of view in one post? Are you really that insecure that you need to make it look like you have a lot of support for your opinions?

Not only have I watched plenty of U8, U9, U10, U11, U12, U13, U14, U15, U16, U17, U18 youth games, I have also coached a pretty good number of those games so I actually have put my money where my mouth is so to speak in terms of giving back to the game and soccer community. Beyond that though, I have also had a child become a certified ref and observed how ****ty a job the officiating community does at training and supporting young officials. You pay the kids like crap, throw them alone out on fields with no supervision and then expect them to handle adults as though they were adults themselves. Who is clueless?
                Uh, I wrote one of the posts you're talking about. Not two, not three, just one. I guess this tells us something about you though.

As to what you suggested in a prior post ("Take those old codgers that are currently grossly incompetently reffing high school games and assign them to the those U10 town games. It will actually improve the quality and diminish the amount of sideline craziness."), since you're so experienced, you know that they're assigning the teenages that did the U10s to be ARs to the codgers for the youngest ages playing 11v11, right?

Otherwise I at least agree in part -- the old (retired) codgers need to get the late afternoon JV games and give the fitter (mentally and physically) refs who are also gainfully employed the varsity matches (which include evening kick-offs). The quality would improve where it matters most. Unfortunately the old boys black hat crew won't give up the premium of varsity over JV.

At the youngest ages, the development experience and process could be improved, but isn't deficient to the point of causing problems for training and retaining young refs. The problem with those younger ages, as demonstrated here, is ******* parents plain and simple.

At the older ages, the inverse is true. Are there ******* parents at high school age matches? Sure. But the worst element is putting old, slow, unfit and complacent referees out to pasture to make room for those who can and should be doing the job. The shortage of refs argument is specious and disingenuous .

Comment

I've been a ref for 6 years and honestly have never had any parents that's seem half as wacko as you guys. Sure there have been some idiots who question the rules when they clearly don't know them, and then people who actually have a clue and would like an answer, but nobody as crazy as some of you people.

Comment

Kids referees thinking they need to be arrogant is a huge problem?

Said no kid referee, or their parent hoping this isn't the weekend they finally quit reffing, ever.
                    the refs in youth soccer below 11 yrs old stink. That's all there is to it. And the supervisors can't train because they don't know enough.

We had one ref with her supervisor there try to have a free kick in penalty box 5 yards away from keeper.... While her supervisor was there!! Are you kidding me!!!

I'll say it 6o% of refs below U11 have no right to be on the field.

Comment

the refs in youth soccer below 11 yrs old stink. That's all there is to it. And the supervisors can't train because they don't know enough.

We had one ref with her supervisor there try to have a free kick in penalty box 5 yards away from keeper.... While her supervisor was there!! Are you kidding me!!!

Either explain that what the offense was and that it was a direct free kick or you're just as clueless. You can have a free kick in the penalty box if it is an indirect free kick offense.

Comment

Uh, I wrote one of the posts you're talking about. Not two, not three, just one. I guess this tells us something about you though.

As to what you suggested in a prior post ("Take those old codgers that are currently grossly incompetently reffing high school games and assign them to the those U10 town games. It will actually improve the quality and diminish the amount of sideline craziness."), since you're so experienced, you know that they're assigning the teenages that did the U10s to be ARs to the codgers for the youngest ages playing 11v11, right?

Otherwise I at least agree in part -- the old (retired) codgers need to get the late afternoon JV games and give the fitter (mentally and physically) refs who are also gainfully employed the varsity matches (which include evening kick-offs). The quality would improve where it matters most. Unfortunately the old boys black hat crew won't give up the premium of varsity over JV.

At the youngest ages, the development experience and process could be improved, but isn't deficient to the point of causing problems for training and retaining young refs. The problem with those younger ages, as demonstrated here, is ******* parents plain and simple.

At the older ages, the inverse is true. Are there ******* parents at high school age matches? Sure. But the worst element is putting old, slow, unfit and complacent referees out to pasture to make room for those who can and should be doing the job. The shortage of refs argument is specious and disingenuous .
                        Perfect example of Cujo logic. Parents suck and are always the problem. Never sees anything wrong with any official at any level. Thinks he knows what is going on at every level, in everyone's town. The guy is the worst advocate the officials could have. Doesn't have a clue.

Comment

Sad that too many parents are taking the fun out of kids playing and reffing. Many kids playing u11 could care less and referees's calls. My experience is parents are the biggest problem why many young referees are leaving the referee program so they never have the opportunity to retrain and become a better referee in the long run. Parents of a u11 players should provide a safe environment for both players and referees to learn and grow in the game.

Comment

Perfect example of Cujo logic. Parents suck and are always the problem. Never sees anything wrong with any official at any level. Thinks he knows what is going on at every level, in everyone's town. The guy is the worst advocate the officials could have. Doesn't have a clue.
                            Hey dip****, I said at the older ages the primary problem is the older refs and the assignment system that defers to their age.

Comment

I hope you're the same parent hung up on this young ref issue posting complaints over and over. Makes me feel better to think there's only one person this stupid.

Comment

I hope you're the same parent hung up on this young ref issue posting complaints over and over. Makes me feel better to think there's only one person this stupid.
                                Nope there's more than 1 junior.

And for you, is there any point to your posts?

I just came to vent a bit and don't take this very seriously. I won't look back 6 years from now or even 6 days. It will be over.

And whoever said the kids don't care, I kinda agree with that too. My kid had great time after game.

My main grudge is the overreacting of a 16 year old dufus who doesn't know soccer. I can't complain there about anything apparently, so I am doing so here.

Live with it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X