Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting Article on the cost of club soccer (1 family's story)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Taxes. Hmmmn. So if you have a heart attack who is going to show up to help you? Your TAX supported town EMT's and Firefighters or an ambulance dispatched by the TeaParty or the RNC?

- Cujo
    The same people will show up. But on the way to the hospital, I won't have to pass well to do projects full of working age males with no (tax paying) jobs sporting the latest cell phones and footwear

Comment

All this talk about government spending while the delusional/hedonistic parents in the article are spending their children's education funds chasing a soccer fantasy. I hope you all realize that when they get to the point where they need those funds because their soccer scholarship parade was pissed on that the parents will likely be screaming bloody murder how the public owes their children an education. We see it here every day that parents like that never take responsibility for drinking the Kool-aide and ******* away their away money on soccer. According to those types it's always someone else's problem.

Comment

All this talk about government spending while the delusional/hedonistic parents in the article are spending their children's education funds chasing a soccer fantasy. I hope you all realize that when they get to the point where they need those funds because their soccer scholarship parade was pissed on that the parents will likely be screaming bloody murder how the public owes their children an education. We see it here every day that parents like that never take responsibility for drinking the Kool-aide and ******* away their away money on soccer. According to those types it's always someone else's problem.
        We all should be bit**ing about the cost because it has gotten out of hand. That said, however, families do need to prioritize their finances and club soccer fees should be low on the list for many families. And to prioritize that in the hopes of a possible $8,000 scholarship down the road is nuts. If you can afford it and you derive enjoyment from your child's happiness then go ahead

- not Cujo, P, BTDT or any other TS loon

Comment

We all should be bit**ing about the cost because it has gotten out of hand. That said, however, families do need to prioritize their finances and club soccer fees should be low on the list for many families. And to prioritize that in the hopes of a possible $8,000 scholarship down the road is nuts. If you can afford it and you derive enjoyment from your child's happiness then go ahead

- not Cujo, P, BTDT or any other TS loon
          Isn't that the essence of hedonism? If you can afford it and it feels good, do it.

Comment

Was at dinner with some folks from my office. One of the wives knew that I was in "into soccer" and told me how excited she was about her granddaughter. They live in a metro west suburb and her granddaughter , 7 years old, was signed up for "travel soccer". Except that "they don't really travel ". The cost was $900 and her uniform was $75. I listened as she told me how her granddaughter had decided to turn pro. I am still shaking my head....

Comment

Isn't that the essence of hedonism? If you can afford it and it feels good, do it.
              No, you're off a bit there.

Comment

Was at dinner with some folks from my office. One of the wives knew that I was in "into soccer" and told me how excited she was about her granddaughter. They live in a metro west suburb and her granddaughter , 7 years old, was signed up for "travel soccer". Except that "they don't really travel ". The cost was $900 and her uniform was $75. I listened as she told me how her granddaughter had decided to turn pro. I am still shaking my head....
                If it feels good and you can afford it you put your kid on either an Aztec or Stars team. That is hedonism personified.

Comment

Just about no one would complain about tax dollars being spent on Emergency services.
                  What is to complain about is the spending of tax dollars on many other items .

Hundreds of millions alone lost on Obama alternative energy schemes, and failed Obamacare exchanges. That's just the tip of the iceberg. Look, Barry, Nancy and Harry looted the Treasury from day one. So shut up about the RNC and the TEaparty and get some of the 8 trillion back in the Treasury.
                  Clinton - Balanced Budget
                  Bush - Spent Trillions and wasted lives on failed Wars
                  Obama - Deficit at lowest point as % of GDP in 40 years (with exception of Clinton term)

Maybe you stop watching the Comedy show known as Fox News.

- Cujo

Comment

If it feels good and you can afford it you put your kid on either an Aztec or Stars team. That is hedonism personified.
                    So that must mean playing for NEFC is pure pain??

Comment

Obama - Deficit at lowest point as % of GDP in 40 years (with exception of Clinton term)

- Cujo
                      Cherry-picking stats really doesn't prove one side or another. Race relations are the lowest in 50 years. Job report came out today, terrible news. Foreign relations continue to decline.

Can't blame it all on Fox; nor can you blame it all on Huff Post.

Comment

Missed this one. Thanks buddy. Not even Assumption, buddy??

Comment

- Cujo
                          Smoke and mirrors. Perjury. Lying. Adultery.

Approved by Congress. President's don't spend money, the House writes the checks. Pelosi wrote the checks at Obama's request. Looting the Treasury.
                          Remember " Clash for Clunkers' ? All that tax money wasted to junk good SUV's & pick ups , and now , they are leading the pack once again in sales. Are we going to buy them back when gas prices go back up ? Shovel ready ? Remember that ?

GDP growth under Obama is dismal. Wages FLAT for 8 years.

Comment

Smoke and mirrors. Perjury. Lying. Adultery.

Approved by Congress. President's don't spend money, the House writes the checks. Pelosi wrote the checks at Obama's request. Looting the Treasury.
                            Remember " Clash for Clunkers' ? All that tax money wasted to junk good SUV's & pick ups , and now , they are leading the pack once again in sales. Are we going to buy them back when gas prices go back up ? Shovel ready ? Remember that ?

GDP growth under Obama is dismal. Wages FLAT for 8 years.
                            I got my Cost of Club Increase (CCI) raise, you didn't?

Look at the internet forum you are writing in first before you start claiming "how bad things are" under any administration, i.e. First World Problems

Comment

The parents need to be realistic about thier spending but this sounds like a story of big business taking over kids sports and driving up the cost to play.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X