Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Uhhhhh, if by "every year" you mean once in the last six, then you'd be correct. Yes, we make it to the finals, since the finals are now US vs. the World.
    You are deflecting the issue. LL is a success. Youth Club Soccer for the last 10 years is a complete and utter failure.

Comment

You are deflecting the issue. LL is a success. Youth Club Soccer for the last 10 years is a complete and utter failure.
      Actually, you deflected the issue. I pointed out that an opinion of another representative is that US kids spread themselves out too thin, and by not specializing (like other nations do), they will forever be left behind. Another opinion, just as valid, is that kids in the US have many other options, and it's too early to pigeon-hole them into one sport.

I could care less about Little League

Comment

Couldn't.

Couldn't care less.

Comment

Uhhhhh, if by "every year" you mean once in the last six, then you'd be correct. Yes, we make it to the finals, since the finals are now US vs. the World.
          US has won 50% since 2000. This year Lewisberry PA (pop. 362) was highly competitive against Tokyo (pop. 13,185,502). See if you can self reflect a little bit and wrap your arms around the implications of those population proportions and how it relates to the greater issue of the dynamics about how club soccer functions.

The pay to play model has failed completely but nobody seems to get it. Coaches are too comfy in their $400 track suits and fat paychecks. The DOC's are cashing bigger paychecks and functioning tax free as 501 (c)'s. Parent's bloated egos and unreasonable assumptions about the role soccer plays in their kids life feed the beast and they don't develop any perspective about what happened until their kid is well into college or even later. Some stay deluded for years later (Mewis kids are a case in point...). Their parents update their kids Wiki page every two weeks or so..............

Comment

Actually, you deflected the issue. I pointed out that an opinion of another representative is that US kids spread themselves out too thin, and by not specializing (like other nations do), they will forever be left behind. Another opinion, just as valid, is that kids in the US have many other options, and it's too early to pigeon-hole them into one sport.

I could care less about Little League
            Yeah right. God forbid a league and youth sport exist that holds onto development principles and it's values. Did you notice Mike Trout's Subway commercial. He talks about his LL experience. Funny no mention of how AAU baseball "molded" him.

Keep feeding the delusion. BTW - Can you use ApplePay at your club yet? Really nice tool for large transfers of cash.

Comment

Slow this freight train down. You're doing the same thing the coach is doing, but with sports specialization rather than positional specialization.

Your son is playing too much soccer.

He needs some cross training. He may like lacrosse or basketball more than soccer. Drop indoor and districts at the very least.
              Yes. I know it's a lot. It's all his choice. Of course we could say no. But he wants to play. All the time. We're likely dropping RDS for the Winter as it's a drive for us. And he plays basketball.

Indoor is to be with his friends. And at his age, this is probably the last year we'll do that as well.

He played LAX for 2 years and it didn't take. Same thing with baseball, but he played that for 4 years. He quit both last year.

Comment

US has won 50% since 2000. This year Lewisberry PA (pop. 362) was highly competitive against Tokyo (pop. 13,185,502). See if you can self reflect a little bit and wrap your arms around the implications of those population proportions and how it relates to the greater issue of the dynamics about how club soccer functions.

The pay to play model has failed completely but nobody seems to get it. Coaches are too comfy in their $400 track suits and fat paychecks. The DOC's are cashing bigger paychecks and functioning tax free as 501 (c)'s. Parent's bloated egos and unreasonable assumptions about the role soccer plays in their kids life feed the beast and they don't develop any perspective about what happened until their kid is well into college or even later. Some stay deluded for years later (Mewis kids are a case in point...). Their parents update their kids Wiki page every two weeks or so..............
                The point made from my Dutch friend was that the US will never become a world power in soccer, as their priorities spreads them out too thin.

There's less and less US-born players in MLB every year.

Pretty cool story about Little League. Is there a site you can take that too, where it applies?

Comment

An unenlightened coach in games at ages where individual development should be the priority over the match result is often, based on my experience, still unenlightened when it comes to deploying best practices in training those same developing children. Where there are red flags, don't be surprised to find more elsewhere.
                  I'm the parent with the 11 year old only playing GK and D.

The above is pretty spot on. While I like our coach and he works on great technical stuff. My son is in net or on D as soon as they scrimmage or work on tactical stuff.

So he's being forced to specialize at practice too.

Comment

I'm the parent with the 11 year old only playing GK and D.

The above is pretty spot on. While I like our coach and he works on great technical stuff. My son is in net or on D as soon as they scrimmage or work on tactical stuff.

So he's being forced to specialize at practice too.
                    Same experience. Team has come before whatever players and parents allow it at ages when it really shouldn't.

Comment

The pay to play model has failed completely but nobody seems to get it. Coaches are too comfy in their $400 track suits and fat paychecks. The DOC's are cashing bigger paychecks and functioning tax free as 501 (c)'s. Parent's bloated egos and unreasonable assumptions about the role soccer plays in their kids life feed the beast and they don't develop any perspective about what happened until their kid is well into college or even later.
                      Truth bomb.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X