Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No. I didn't say when my son left. We changed prior to last year. As to the question regarding 'elevated status', the Valeo U13B elite team is an excellent team and their status is clear. They are, at least, one of the best in this state and one of the better teams in the region.

My overall, concern/issue/question is when should it be reasonable to place stress on the 'alignment' (as stated by a poster) of player with potential recruiters vs. simply training to get better. It seems that the intensity for youth soccer has escalated over the last several years. Hockey was already crazy with recruitment taking a step beyond reasonable resulting in 21 year old freshman in college. Lacrosse has moved into that direction with eighth and ninth graders already getting regularly recruited to colleges.

Am I correct or incorrect in thinking that soccer recruitment has intensified....is the intensification a reality or a parental illusion? Am I naive in removing my son from the more stressful situation or would he have been better off staying......or, and possibly more accurate, can it be concluded at these young ages, which kids will have it and which will not?
    I think unfortunately you have to play the game. If you can get training and develop on the side that will work then sure. But leagues/teams are currently structured as gatekeepers anymore.

If your kid is not developing under the current circumstances then change clubs or seek out a coach that would be a better fit.

Comment

Is this you spouting off or BTNT?
      First, your first part is what I am asking....i.e. what to do with a young player
      Second, your second part is so off the mark in todays soccer that you couldn't express more stupidity in the discussion. You might have had some credential if you said lower level DIII, but it is clear that you have not only not seen any higher level DIII teams, nor have you spoken with any DIII coach.
      the youth soccer and college worlds have changed....hence why my original post and this last one that you responded to.
      and:
      I have a younger son who used to be part of the U13.

Hence, first, your first part of your brain fart is a lie.

Comment

and:

Who cares? The topic is relevant. Caring about who posted it is pointless and trolling.

Exactly what are you contributing to the forum? Why are you even on the site if all you are going to do is question the legitimacy of every topic posted or questions asked?

Comment

Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
          and:

Who cares? The topic is relevant. Caring about who posted it is pointless and trolling.

Exactly what are you contributing to the forum? Why are you even on the site if all you are going to do is question the legitimacy of every topic posted or questions asked?

The priYou or poster has nothing to contribute. He or she is either also conflicted as their son is on the fence or they are the problematic parent obsessed with status at the young age. This is not an issue specific to any one club, but the trend in youth sports is, in my opinion, disturbing by requiring kids at u13 or younger to be made to choose one sport with the hope of being the 1 in 500 to get further recruited to the higher levels. How many kids benefit has taken a backseat to the very few that do and the clubs that tout their role in making it happen.
          As the OP I will say that the Emilio world of Valeo still helps develop players. But it is no longer a mom and pop club. That part of the club has disappeared. It was the part that I liked. Perhaps some kids just do better at smaller clubs.

I agree that, at some point. The player has to grow up and develop a very competitive attitude.....if that is possible to do. I think this can work both directions. I know enough kids who were the alpha stars at the younger ages who are riding the bench in college....or who have dropped the sport altogether. Perhaps they never really had it or perhaps everyone else caught up.....the late peakers.....perhaps they burnt out. For these kids it might have been nice to have another sport to play......yes??

Comment

You knew them when? 5, 10 years ago? What is going on these days is very different than those days.

Comment

You knew them when? 5, 10 years ago? What is going on these days is very different than those days.

That is exactly the point. The question is whether it is good or not. For example....DAP at U12?? EDP and nothing else???
              Is this a good direction or not?
              By the way, soccer is not the only sport doing this and the issue is not specific to Valeo. I only used it as an example. If it makes posters more comfortable to use a generic team then fine.....the home field can be Fantasy Island if it makes some feel better.

Comment

That is exactly the point. The question is whether it is good or not. For example....DAP at U12?? EDP and nothing else???
                Is this a good direction or not?
                By the way, soccer is not the only sport doing this and the issue is not specific to Valeo. I only used it as an example. If it makes posters more comfortable to use a generic team then fine.....the home field can be Fantasy Island if it makes some feel better.
                So how many pages in are we and now you are admitting it was yet another one of your fictions? You want to know what works better for discussions? The truth, that's what, and posts written where it is clear that they are true. Very, very simple. Stop externalizing, blaming everyone else, and acting a fool by suggesting that you really to discuss something and everyone else is a jerk.

Comment

Easy solution. Post something that is legit.

Comment

Easy solution. Post something that is legit.
                    No, you think the poster is not legitimate. The topic is legitimate for discussion. If you don't want to read it, then ignore and move along. It is really a very "easy solution' for you.

Comment

No, you think the poster is not legitimate. The topic is legitimate for discussion. If you don't want to read it, then ignore and move along. It is really a very "easy solution' for you.
                      Fictional topics are NOT legit UNLESS the OP at the outset STATES it is fictional for demonstration purposes. Superfluous fiction is superfluous (and deceitful) and almost always is agenda-driven.

Comment

Fictional topics are NOT legit UNLESS the OP at the outset STATES it is fictional for demonstration purposes. Superfluous fiction is superfluous (and deceitful) and almost always is agenda-driven.
                        The scenarios are legitimate. Again, easy solution, don't read it and don't comment if it is not of interest to you.

I find the topic to be of interest, thank you very much. I could care less whether it is "fiction" or "non-fiction". Peoples opinions on the scenarios are of interest to me, which is why I opened the thread to begin with.

You don't like BTDT, we GET IT. I also don't care if you or he started the topic. There are 30 threads on the opening page and unfortunately for me, the 4 that are of the slightest interest to me because I am not a local viewer, are ruined constantly by your petty little feuds.

I don't know or care who the F the Aztecs are or any of your clubs, so I don't read those drama filled threads of how terrible everyone else's parents are. I am interested in general soccer threads of scenarios that are of interest to me. So please, just keep your melodrama about your stupid club rivalries to those threads, and I'll read the general soccer talk threads, K?

Comment

The scenarios are legitimate. Again, easy solution, don't read it and don't comment if it is not of interest to you.

I find the topic to be of interest, thank you very much. I could care less whether it is "fiction" or "non-fiction". Peoples opinions on the scenarios are of interest to me, which is why I opened the thread to begin with.

You don't like BTDT, we GET IT. I also don't care if you or he started the topic. There are 30 threads on the opening page and unfortunately for me, the 4 that are of the slightest interest to me because I am not a local viewer, are ruined constantly by your petty little feuds.

I don't know or care who the F the Aztecs are or any of your clubs, so I don't read those drama filled threads of how terrible everyone else's parents are. I am interested in general soccer threads of scenarios that are of interest to me. So please, just keep your melodrama about your stupid club rivalries to those threads, and I'll read the general soccer talk threads, K?
                          Why would they need to be fiction? How is that helpful? Don't you get it? Even if you're halfway sincere (and not BTNT), why would place any faith in something where you are intentionally being played.

Comment

No, they are not in fact legitimate. And none of them are compelling like the OP makes them out to be. Nothing insightful about them as they are always situations all of us have dealt with a bunch of times. Taken at face value, you pull your kid or you don't. You value trying to compete at the highest level or you choose more playing time on another team. Not brain surgery, my friend.

Comment

No, they are not in fact legitimate. And none of them are compelling like the OP makes them out to be. Nothing insightful about them as they are always situations all of us have dealt with a bunch of times. Taken at face value, you pull your kid or you don't. You value trying to compete at the highest level or you choose more playing time on another team. Not brain surgery, my friend.
                              It IS a legitimate topic to me my friend. Again, if it is not of interest to you then ignore and move on, EXACTLY like I did with the 30 odd topics currently listed for discussion. It is really that simple.

I see a thread that is of no interest to me I DONT READ IT. Why cant you do the same? I don't need you to tell me what I should find to be a topic of concern or legitimacy.

You are not compelled to read it or to comment upon, so simply don't do either.

Comment

It IS a legitimate topic to me my friend. Again, if it is not of interest to you then ignore and move on, EXACTLY like I did with the 30 odd topics currently listed for discussion. It is really that simple.

I see a thread that is of no interest to me I DONT READ IT. Why cant you do the same? I don't need you to tell me what I should find to be a topic of concern or legitimacy.

You are not compelled to read it or to comment upon, so simply don't do either.
                                Guess what? I won't be going anywhere.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X