NEFC...17-0....Really?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always think the best way to handle this is for the team that is dominating to take players off the field. Play down 1, 2 or 3 players. This has advantages to both teams. The winning team presumably has to play under more pressure and the weaker team presumably has less pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I always think the best way to handle this is for the team that is dominating to take players off the field. Play down 1, 2 or 3 players. This has advantages to both teams. The winning team presumably has to play under more pressure and the weaker team presumably has less pressure.
      Endless choices such as this. 17-0 simply doesn't need to happen and isn't a positive for anyone.

Comment

Put this into perspective folks - the U14 NPL Aztec team has only 6-7 NPL players on it and borrows 6-7 from NEP each week. It's a rebuild year from this team...they lost this team when NJ and Doc flew the coop over to Breakers. When it goes to birth year, the 6-7 NPL players will get the help they need.

Comment

It's not my coach's job to develop the other teams players.

Comment

It's not my coach's job to develop the other teams players.
            No, but since the actual part of the play where the ball actually tickles the netting is the least important part of the entire transaction, that is what should be concentrated on less in this situation.

If you knock it around for a half, and try to only score creatively, then the opposition can't really complain.

Comment

Put this into perspective folks - the U14 NPL Aztec team has only 6-7 NPL players on it and borrows 6-7 from NEP each week. It's a rebuild year from this team...they lost this team when NJ and Doc flew the coop over to Breakers. When it goes to birth year, the 6-7 NPL players will get the help they need.
              And the spin cycle continues!

Comment

Now you all know why Stars won't play NEFC

Comment

And the spin cycle continues!
                  Looking at the scores, they have been blown out by everyone.

Comment

At U14, one is paying for development. If the Aztecs gave up at some point (6-0? 8-0?) and were offering little to no resistance, then the NEFC players are not learning much that will help them going forward when they will be in more competitive situations. I did not see the game, but I hope the NEFC coach at some point had players primarily use their weaker foot, or play out of position, or at least only take shots from outside the 18.

Otherwise, NEFC parents were paying for their kids to run around a bunch of pylons and kick into an empty net.

Comment

At U14, one is paying for development. If the Aztecs gave up at some point (6-0? 8-0?) and were offering little to no resistance, then the NEFC players are not learning much that will help them going forward when they will be in more competitive situations. I did not see the game, but I hope the NEFC coach at some point had players primarily use their weaker foot, or play out of position, or at least only take shots from outside the 18.

Otherwise, NEFC parents were paying for their kids to run around a bunch of pylons and kick into an empty net.
                      Sounds like NEFC might as well have been playing against soccer mannequins. What else is there to do but quit the game.

Comment

Sounds like NEFC might as well have been playing against soccer mannequins. What else is there to do but quit the game.
                        Wrong, at U14 you should be working on the tactical side of the game, not passing and foot skills. Developing scoring solutions is an integral part of developing the tactical understanding. Expecting a team to revert 3-4 years in their development just because the other team quit is not the answer.

Comment

Enough of this PC junk. The other team stunk up the field. It happens in all sports. I guarantee the kids who lost don't really care right now and they have moved on. It's the parents who have a kid on the team that are embarrassed or those people that club bash. Do you think theses 14 year olds are writing on this board right now??? You people who are all freaking out about it probably agree with that school that banned tag at recess because it is emotionally detrimental to children.

This emotional cry baby politically correct society does so much more harm than good. Rub some dirt on it and move on people.

Comment

Wrong, at U14 you should be working on the tactical side of the game, not passing and foot skills. Developing scoring solutions is an integral part of developing the tactical understanding. Expecting a team to revert 3-4 years in their development just because the other team quit is not the answer.
                            The "expecting a team to revert 3-4 years" is just nonsense as part of rationalizing the 17-0 score was either appropriate or unavoidable. It was neither.

I coach older kids and routinely have this situation where the challenge for the players to improve is by building restrictions into play covering all aspects of the game -- technical (weak foot touches, limited number of touches, 1v1 moves, etc.), tactical (combination play through certain positions, attacking certain players/locations/gaps, etc.), physical (speed of play) and mental (demanding consistent and proper habits demonstrated). None of these things are more likely to be found by a 17-0 game motivated by "working on the tactical side" and "developing scoring solutions."

It's a false premise that in a game that could've been 8-0 you couldn't otherwise get the most out of the time developmentally or that limiting the score to 8-0 also limits the development that occurs in a 17-0 result.

Comment

Enough of this PC junk. The other team stunk up the field. It happens in all sports. I guarantee the kids who lost don't really care right now and they have moved on. It's the parents who have a kid on the team that are embarrassed or those people that club bash. Do you think theses 14 year olds are writing on this board right now??? You people who are all freaking out about it probably agree with that school that banned tag at recess because it is emotionally detrimental to children.

This emotional cry baby politically correct society does so much more harm than good. Rub some dirt on it and move on people.
                              Nice straw man.

Comment

Girls New England NPL shows 7-0?

9/27/2015
                                Game Time Home Team Away Team Location
                                2:30 PM

NEFC ELITE U14 GIRLS 7
                                AZTEC SOCCER GIRLS 01

http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...r=Girls&Age=14

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X