Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So, non-BTDT, are you claiming #5 and #6? Or agreeing that he wrote them? "A sobering balance"??? Now, that's funny. You mean dedicating his life to trying to make people feel bad and inadequate every single day? Don't you think his message has been heard by now? The DB is a cancer. End of story.
    Not claiming #5 nor #6, and I think he wrote them. I suspect he was also the OP and started the topic so that he could write them. I don't know who BTDT, aka BTN, or Heiny really are, and I don't agree with the his "Quit now" advice. I do agree with his sobering facts, and see many parents, including me, intoxicated by the potential of their uPubescent.

He commonly shares the reality that girls change. Some good ones will quit. Most, despite everyone's hope, don't have the combination of athletic potential, access to quality coaching, and personal drive necessary to make it to the D1 level. That doesn't mean they shouldn't try, and much is to be gained from the pursuit of excellence. Especially if that pursuit continues at an academic top-tier D3 school.

Comment

Not at all spot on!

Why is it whenever someone asks a question a certain poster always come back with "your daughter is no good". How on earth do you get that when the OP says the girl is a top NPL player.

Also, the assumptions behind that answer are almost certainly off base. Who said anything about scholarships??! Not the OP. At U14 I would assume that the parent is asking what is best developmentally for his daughter to become the best player she can be, I do not think that he was asking about her college playing career.

My answer to the OP is that the importance of a player's confidence cannot be overestimated. I've seen it in my child, and in others -- they are good, so they join an elite team -- and stop playing as well as they usually do because they believe they aren't as good as their teammates.
      From that response (which clearly made the case for the league doesn't make the player), you inferred THAT? Wake up.

Comment

Which would you choose for your U 14 daughter? Would it change if she was older/younger?
        OK, I'll bite.

What's your motive for asking?

Could you describe your daughter's motive for playing in a different way?

Answers to those questions have some place in being able to best answer why choosing one league over another even matters.

Comment

Not claiming #5 nor #6, and I think he wrote them. I suspect he was also the OP and started the topic so that he could write them. I don't know who BTDT, aka BTN, or Heiny really are, and I don't agree with the his "Quit now" advice. I do agree with his sobering facts, and see many parents, including me, intoxicated by the potential of their uPubescent.

He commonly shares the reality that girls change. Some good ones will quit. Most, despite everyone's hope, don't have the combination of athletic potential, access to quality coaching, and personal drive necessary to make it to the D1 level. That doesn't mean they shouldn't try, and much is to be gained from the pursuit of excellence. Especially if that pursuit continues at an academic top-tier D3 school.
          Oop, now you've done it. You mentioned using soccer to get to a D3 school. Here comes a wave of negativity.

Comment

Not at all spot on!

Why is it whenever someone asks a question a certain poster always come back with "your daughter is no good". How on earth do you get that when the OP says the girl is a top NPL player.

Also, the assumptions behind that answer are almost certainly off base. Who said anything about scholarships??! Not the OP. At U14 I would assume that the parent is asking what is best developmentally for his daughter to become the best player she can be, I do not think that he was asking about her college playing career.

My answer to the OP is that the importance of a player's confidence cannot be overestimated. I've seen it in my child, and in others -- they are good, so they join an elite team -- and stop playing as well as they usually do because they believe they aren't as good as their teammates.
            What exactly is a bottom third of the roster type player? Are we thinking that this is a scholarship level player and the thinking is that exposure is more important than playing time?

Comment

Oop, now you've done it. You mentioned using soccer to get to a D3 school. Here comes a wave of negativity.
              Grades get a player into a D3 and soccer has very little to do with it.

Comment

I'm the "get your seat on the bus" guy, and not BTDT, but I do feel his warnings are grounded in truth. He provides a sobering balance to the intoxicating effect oh-so talented D's have on parents.

Parent Intoxication applied to D Recruiting :
                Up to GU13 Buzzed and Happy, Parties getting started, Parents get along
                Gu14 - 16 Believe we are attractive, looking-to-hook-up drunk, Parents start c*ck-blocking Gu17+ Very few get some, most become angry Drunks. Parents call the lucky ones whores, and make fun of the school the D hooked up with. Start claiming paying for it is better
                Here is someone who reached the end and now knows the truth.

Comment

Not at all spot on!

It all comes down to playing time. If the parent thinks the player has some untapped potential even though they are a bottom of the roster type of player then sitting on the bench is not going to bring that out.

Comment

I'm the "get your seat on the bus" guy, and not BTDT, but I do feel his warnings are grounded in truth. He provides a sobering balance to the intoxicating effect oh-so talented D's have on parents.

Parent Intoxication applied to D Recruiting :
                    Up to GU13 Buzzed and Happy, Parties getting started, Parents get along
                    Gu14 - 16 Believe we are attractive, looking-to-hook-up drunk, Parents start c*ck-blocking
                    Gu17+ Very few get some, most become angry Drunks. Parents call the lucky ones whores, and make fun of the school the D hooked up with. Start claiming paying for it is better
                    Actually one of the most accurate descriptions of club soccer ever written on TS. Well done. The part about angry parents dissing the successful players and the choices they make is particularly accurate. We see the evidence of that every day here.

Comment

Actually one of the most accurate descriptions of club soccer ever written on TS. Well done. The part about angry parents dissing the successful players and the choices they make is particularly accurate. We see the evidence of that every day here.
                      Really? Where is the evidence of that? Forget the every day part. ANY evidence will do. We'll wait.

Comment

Your last line is classic. You must have choked yourself writing that, the true King of dissing others on a daily basis. Beyond hilarious.

Comment

Your last line is classic. You must have choked yourself writing that, the true King of dissing others on a daily basis. Beyond hilarious.
                          Wrong again whacko, none of that was who you think. That last line must have hit pretty close to home though. Rather sad you see it as hilarious. Speaks to how out of touch you are. The way you see so many things in club soccer is just outright disturbing. Someone refers to their kid as a bottom of the roster type so you get your panties in a bunch and imagination working over drive. Obviously you are the spokesman for parental delusion if you can't even accept other parents calling their own child a bottom of the roster player.

Comment

Really? Where is the evidence of that? Forget the every day part. ANY evidence will do. We'll wait.
                            Are you the same goofball who posts "still waiting" on the GPS Way thread?
                            I read comments everyday (a colloquialism not to be taken literally) about the perceived status of the school that a few different posters D.'s must attend. MASCL, UML and other names that are not quite Williams get thrashed around. Read the ISL, the NESCAC, or basically any other thread about girls and their future prospects. It's out there and you can keep waiting because it's not our job to do your TS research. Putz.

Comment

Wrong again whacko, none of that was who you think. That last line must have hit pretty close to home though. Rather sad you see it as hilarious. Speaks to how out of touch you are. The way you see so many things in club soccer is just outright disturbing. Someone refers to their kid as a bottom of the roster type so you get your panties in a bunch and imagination working over drive. Obviously you are the spokesman for parental delusion if you can't even accept other parents calling their own child a bottom of the roster player.
                              Thanks, BTDT. Could not be any more clear. You are "rather sad" and that "speaks to" your "parental delusions."

Comment

Are you the same goofball who posts "still waiting" on the GPS Way thread?
                                I read comments everyday (a colloquialism not to be taken literally) about the perceived status of the school that a few different posters D.'s must attend. MASCL, UML and other names that are not quite Williams get thrashed around. Read the ISL, the NESCAC, or basically any other thread about girls and their future prospects. It's out there and you can keep waiting because it's not our job to do your TS research. Putz.
                                NOTHING could come close to you daily dissing of others. Yes, you are a CANCER.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X