Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I agree that The Revs don't want to add a U12 age group and tend to do what they want but they may be forced to do it if the rest of DAP follow the directive.
    Even if they do add a U12 age group, it can't possibly be that special, as it will only draw kids in the local area. Parents of 11/12 year olds are not going to want to drive more than 30-45 minutes to get to practice 3-4 times per week. Most will stay at their local club, or perhaps make the move to the closest DAP program for the time being. Most likely, the majority of the players that would start U12 with the Revs would not still be there by U16, as they'll be replaced by more talented kids who will then be old enough to make the longer commute. All the resources put into those U12 kids might be looked at as a waste.

Comment

Even if they do add a U12 age group, it can't possibly be that special, as it will only draw kids in the local area. Parents of 11/12 year olds are not going to want to drive more than 30-45 minutes to get to practice 3-4 times per week. Most will stay at their local club, or perhaps make the move to the closest DAP program for the time being. Most likely, the majority of the players that would start U12 with the Revs would not still be there by U16, as they'll be replaced by more talented kids who will then be old enough to make the longer commute. All the resources put into those U12 kids might be looked at as a waste.
      If the Revs do go ahead (which would be under threat, not willingly) parents will drive their kids.. Never underestimate parents guilability or over estimation of their kids abilities

Comment

Parents of 11/12 year olds are not going to want to drive more than 30-45 minutes to get to practice 3-4 times per week.
        Revs don't practice 4 times per week. 2-3 practices per week is the norm.

Comment

Revs don't practice 4 times per week. 2-3 practices per week is the norm.
          All their Academy teams have been having 3 weekly 2 hour training/practice sessions since early August. Weekend games and it has now become an 11 month season. July is the shut down month for all the teams. BTW, a good source has told me the Revs are in fact exploring a soccer academy boarding school. MA and Beaver have both shown interest.

Comment

All their Academy teams have been having 3 weekly 2 hour training/practice sessions since early August. Weekend games and it has now become an 11 month season. July is the shut down month for all the teams. BTW, a good source has told me the Revs are in fact exploring a soccer academy boarding school. MA and Beaver have both shown interest.
            First, MA is an academic powerhouse- do you think they will lower their reputation by bringing in 60 academy players (14, 16, 18s) 90% of whom don't meet their academic criteria for admission? They may bite the bullet and take in a couple players with subpar academics in exchange for soccer but not much more than that!
            Second, but who's going to fork up the dough to fund this? certainly not Kraft. MA or Beaver ? Don't think so? What's really in it for them?

Comment

First, MA is an academic powerhouse- do you think they will lower their reputation by bringing in 60 academy players (14, 16, 18s) 90% of whom don't meet their academic criteria for admission? They may bite the bullet and take in a couple players with subpar academics in exchange for soccer but not much more than that!
              Second, but who's going to fork up the dough to fund this? certainly not Kraft. MA or Beaver ? Don't think so? What's really in it for them?
              Once again, are you saying the Revs academy players are dumb? Pretty wild accusation without knowing them personally. I think you are an elitist prep school snob buddy. Easy to make it in life living in daddy's pocket. I'd kick your sorry silver spoon ass, jerk off.

Comment

Once again, are you saying the Revs academy players are dumb? Pretty wild accusation without knowing them personally. I think you are an elitist prep school snob buddy. Easy to make it in life living in daddy's pocket. I'd kick your sorry silver spoon ass, jerk off.
                and I'd very easily sleep with your wife. Very, very easily...believe me!!

Comment

Stay classy San Diego

Comment

not the OP...No one is saying they're all subpar students, but many wouldn't pass the criteria for admissions, especially at a top school. You're not talking about pushing a few students through that fall short academically but many. Competition is fierce for spots and schools would have a hard time justifying it to current families and their boards. Finally, is it fair to put kids into an environment they might not be ready for? It's a similar argument for college athletes - push them into a college that is beyond their capabilities and you're setting them up for a very difficult time.

Besides, schools won't want to subsidize it and neither will the Revs.

Comment

not the OP...No one is saying they're all subpar students, but many wouldn't pass the criteria for admissions, especially at a top school. You're not talking about pushing a few students through that fall short academically but many. Competition is fierce for spots and schools would have a hard time justifying it to current families and their boards. Finally, is it fair to put kids into an environment they might not be ready for? It's a similar argument for college athletes - push them into a college that is beyond their capabilities and you're setting them up for a very difficult time.

Besides, schools won't want to subsidize it and neither will the Revs.
                      Again with the same inference, "many wouldn't pass the criteria for admissions". Please tell me how the F would you know that?? Who in the hell do you think you are?. I have no players on the Revolution Academy teams, but your attitude is sickening to me. Let's meet up somewhere and I'll proceed to kick your Wellesley geek ass.

Comment

Again with the same inference, "many wouldn't pass the criteria for admissions". Please tell me how the F would you know that?? Who in the hell do you think you are?. I have no players on the Revolution Academy teams, but your attitude is sickening to me. Let's meet up somewhere and I'll proceed to kick your Wellesley geek ass.
                        Reality dude, no inference. No one is being a snob, no one is saying dumb. When did you last apply to a top prep school? Top schools only take top students. No way the Revs or any other soccer team for that matter is stacked with Ivy potential players.

Another reality - a school like Beaver only has about 450 students total. Where will they fit in another 60 kids?

Comment

Reality dude, no inference. No one is being a snob, no one is saying dumb. When did you last apply to a top prep school? Top schools only take top students. No way the Revs or any other soccer team for that matter is stacked with Ivy potential players.

Another reality - a school like Beaver only has about 450 students total. Where will they fit in another 60 kids?
                          C,mon "dude' let's meet up. I friggin' despise people like you.Where do you jerkoffs have power lunches? No problem for me.

Comment

You won't be able to miss me, I play in the USL and teach Pilates. I just might be hooking up with your old lady these days.

Comment

No way the Revs or any other soccer team for that matter is stacked with Ivy potential players.
                              The Revs may not be "stacked" with Ivy-caliber students, but there are more than you might think. They've sent kids to Harvard, Dartmouth, and Princeton in the past 3-4 years, and they have a handful of current juniors and seniors who have the academi records to go the Ivy route if they choose to do so.

Comment

Agree with the above points. I doubt the Revs coaches will want them training with the school coach. Plus, the Revs will need most of those players full time for the entire year on a DAP type training-to-game ratio, not joining in after playing a game laden high school season.
                                Sorry but some HS coaches are far better then the Revs coaches

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X