Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not working

From what I see at u18 you have a whole bunch of contributing factors that play into who is left to ply at this age group! It appears like something isn't working correctly for the revs! I wonder if other MLS ACADEMY TEAMS FACE SIMILIAR CIRCUMSTANCES? It does seem odd that the team isn't stacked with 97's and 98's.

Can you imagine how good the 16's would be if they played with the best 14-15 99's and 2000's? Maybe for the playoffs they will bring those boys down and try to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Why are they so young? I'm not involved with DAP so I'm not getting it. Typically if you have a team that is made up of "young" players... It means that the age appropriate players left, aren't interested or realized that the team wasn't worth it. What's the story here?
      or there are no age appropriate players as good in their respective positions as the younger players in that position

Comment

Why are they so young? I'm not involved with DAP so I'm not getting it. Typically if you have a team that is made up of "young" players... It means that the age appropriate players left, aren't interested or realized that the team wasn't worth it. What's the story here?
        Revs are interested in creating a home grown player. That means evaluating each player and putting them in the best spot to help them grow as a individual player. Yes, they want to win like everyone else, but I think development is high on their mind. That being said you will often see younger players called up to older age group be challenged. Revs have a bunch of U16's that have only seen time on the U18 team. It could also be that the Revs see potential in a lot of players in a certain age group and they best way to keep them and not go over the roster size is with placing them in higher age group. As with any team there is turnover. Some leave, some get cut for new players.

Comment

Why NT ARE THESE KIDS ON?? Just curious
          The 99s are playing on the U18 NT. The 00s are have attended NT camps.

Comment

Revs are interested in creating a home grown player. That means evaluating each player and putting them in the best spot to help them grow as a individual player. Yes, they want to win like everyone else, but I think development is high on their mind. That being said you will often see younger players called up to older age group be challenged. Revs have a bunch of U16's that have only seen time on the U18 team. It could also be that the Revs see potential in a lot of players in a certain age group and they best way to keep them and not go over the roster size is with placing them in higher age group. As with any team there is turnover. Some leave, some get cut for new players.
            Exactly. You have this right. The Revs (and other clubs) get looked upon favorably by US Soccer for having young players play "up."

Comment

From what I see at u18 you have a whole bunch of contributing factors that play into who is left to ply at this age group! It appears like something isn't working correctly for the revs! I wonder if other MLS ACADEMY TEAMS FACE SIMILIAR CIRCUMSTANCES? It does seem odd that the team isn't stacked with 97's and 98's.

Can you imagine how good the 16's would be if they played with the best 14-15 99's and 2000's? Maybe for the playoffs they will bring those boys down and try to win.
              The Revs bring the 99s and 00s down to play with their age mates in the Generation Adidas competition and likely will do so for the playoffs if the 18s don't advance. But as the other poster pointed out, the focus of the Revs (and all of DAP) is developing individual players, not teams.

Comment

Is the reason that Bolts players rarely get called up to NT events that the talent isn't there (and its all at the Revs) or because the team record is bad and hence the NT coaches ignore them?

Comment

Is the reason that Bolts players rarely get called up to NT events that the talent isn't there (and its all at the Revs) or because the team record is bad and hence the NT coaches ignore them?
                  The former, not the latter

Comment

or there are no age appropriate players as good in their respective positions as the younger players in that position
                    Well... I guess. That doesn't say a lot for the Revs program though. They weren't able to develop the players?

Comment

Well... I guess. That doesn't say a lot for the Revs program though. They weren't able to develop the players?
                      Ok... I'll retract then.... I posted before reading the explanation of individual vs team concept as described in others posts. The age appropriate 16's are better than what they can get for true 18's. Plus, 18's prob ready to bail out anyway if heading to College.

Comment

We care about different letters like NC, ND, OSU, BC or UCLA.

Sorry you're stuck in the NPL.

Comment

Come on, guys - the outstanding U16s are obviously playing up for the sake of their development.

Comment

But why go to college if soccer is the kids only interest?

Comment

But why go to college if soccer is the kids only interest?
                              To study sports management and maybe follow in dads footsteps and become a Bolts coach after dropping out in the second year.

Comment

You forgot Stanford

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X