Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dap 16

Used to have a guy that would post his predictions on next weeks scores with some very good insight. I would like to start up some positive conversation on the boys at this level. My son has chosen to play on a Dap team instead of HS and find that these boys have made a tough choice and are very committed. Seeing as there have been some changes at the Dap clubs north of the MA border I would enjoy what other people are thinking.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Used to have a guy that would post his predictions on next weeks scores with some very good insight. I would like to start up some positive conversation on the boys at this level. My son has chosen to play on a Dap team instead of HS and find that these boys have made a tough choice and are very committed. Seeing as there have been some changes at the Dap clubs north of the MA border I would enjoy what other people are thinking.
    It will be easier to discuss this topic in an informed way once the official USSDA rosters (and the information that comes with them) have been released. Nevertheless, there are some intriguing story lines for the local DAP teams in the U16 age group. Most notable is the new and improved post-merger Bolts squad, which, from what the chatter leads one to believe, consists of a few holdovers from the previous regime and whole bunch of former Scorpions/Blazers. The question of how a group of top-ranked club players will do in the academy has been asked, and I suspect they will do just fine. Meanwhile, down in Foxborough, the youth movement is in full swing. The Revs have an ultra-strong array of U16-eligible talent, but the four strongest 99s (all with NT experience) are listed on the U18 roster, thereby potentially bringing the Revs back to the pack and making the Northeast Division a truly open race. It will be interesting to see how things shake out over the months ahead!

Comment

I think it will be an interesting fall. Of course there is only one DAP club north of the MA border, unless you are privy to some info on changes in Montreal, so I assume you are talking about Seacoast. I heard there are as many, if not more, former Bolts on that team than the current Bolts U16 squad, but as the other poster suggested there will be more to discuss once rosters are all out.

Comment

Most notable is the new and improved post-merger Bolts squad, which, from what the chatter leads one to believe, consists of a few holdovers from the previous regime and whole bunch of former Scorpions/Blazers. The question of how a group of top-ranked club players will do in the academy has been asked, and I suspect they will do just fine.
        As far as I know there are 10 scorpions, 6 bolts, 2 from GPS, 1 from NEFC, and 1 one who was on the Bolts U14's two years ago and on the Seacoast U16's last year on the current U16 Bolts. I have also heard the rumor that a number of bolts 99' preacademy players migrated north following the merger. IMO a couple of the rumored departees would have been assets and will be missed.

Comment

I think it will be an interesting fall. Of course there is only one DAP club north of the MA border, unless you are privy to some info on changes in Montreal, so I assume you are talking about Seacoast. I heard there are as many, if not more, former Bolts on that team than the current Bolts U16 squad, but as the other poster suggested there will be more to discuss once rosters are all out.
          Sorry I meant the southern Ma border,to include all 3 Dap squads.

Comment

As far as I know there are 10 scorpions, 6 bolts, 2 from GPS, 1 from NEFC, and 1 one who was on the Bolts U14's two years ago and on the Seacoast U16's last year on the current U16 Bolts. I have also heard the rumor that a number of bolts 99' preacademy players migrated north following the merger. IMO a couple of the rumored departees would have been assets and will be missed.
            This older, stronger bolts u16 team will beat the revs u16 largely because of size and speed. Too many kiddos in the revs. Men vs boys. Just my opinion.

Comment

This older, stronger bolts u16 team will beat the revs u16 largely because of size and speed. Too many kiddos in the revs. Men vs boys. Just my opinion.
              I highly doubt that a team that has never played at this level is going to beat the Revs or even Seacoast this year. I think the Bolts made a huge mistake by cutting all those Pre-academy kids who actually played at the Dap level. The best of the ones they cut I heard are at Seacoast. Can you imagine the level of intensity being infused to the Seacoast team whe they play the Bolts. Those boys that were cut because of politics after being in the Bolts system, some for years, have to be fuming.

Comment

I highly doubt that a team that has never played at this level is going to beat the Revs or even Seacoast this year. I think the Bolts made a huge mistake by cutting all those Pre-academy kids who actually played at the Dap level. The best of the ones they cut I heard are at Seacoast. Can you imagine the level of intensity being infused to the Seacoast team whe they play the Bolts. Those boys that were cut because of politics after being in the Bolts system, some for years, have to be fuming.
                The guy coaching the Bolts U16's only cares about winning. If those kids were better they would not have been cut. Spin it however you choose but I'm telling you that coach would never weaken a team over politics.

Comment

First of all none of the Bolts preacademy kids played at the DAP level last year, by definition. Don't kid yourself that the preacademy is the same as the academy. NPL isn't academy either. There were 4 99's who played U16 DAP last year 3 are on the current team, they are the only Bolts with experience at this level.

I don't deny that politics can play a part in anything, but is your argument that the scorps who were picked were political choices, the Bolts who were retained? Also political?

Comment

First of all none of the Bolts preacademy kids played at the DAP level last year, by definition. Don't kid yourself that the preacademy is the same as the academy. NPL isn't academy either. There were 4 99's who played U16 DAP last year 3 are on the current team, they are the only Bolts with experience at this level.

I don't deny that politics can play a part in anything, but is your argument that the scorps who were picked were political choices, the Bolts who were retained? Also political?
                    Most of these preacademy kids played in u14 DAP. Political choices regarding Scorps since DC coaching the U16 DAP was part of the merger deal. So he will pick who he thinks will make a winning team- it's only natural he'll pick his own players first and give the remaining spots to players who will play supporting roles. So politics played a big role here as picking players at this level is highly subjective.

Comment

Most of these preacademy kids played in u14 DAP. Political choices regarding Scorps since DC coaching the U16 DAP was part of the merger deal. So he will pick who he thinks will make a winning team- it's only natural he'll pick his own players first and give the remaining spots to players who will play supporting roles. So politics played a big role here as picking players at this level is highly subjective.
                      That's not politics, that's a coach's choice. Forcing a coach to take players he doesn't want because they have a history with the club, because they have a parent on the BOD, etc. would be politics. It sounds to me like you would have liked a more political and less merit based process. Judging merit at this or any level is always subjective. Coaches use criteria, size, pace, skill, intelligence, positional needs, etc. if there are 10 midfielders and he needs 5 half are screwed. If he has 8 defenders and he needs 6, your chances are better. That isn't saying that MF #6 isn't an overall better player than D #2.

Comment

That's not politics, that's a coach's choice. Forcing a coach to take players he doesn't want because they have a history with the club, because they have a parent on the BOD, etc. would be politics. It sounds to me like you would have liked a more political and less merit based process. Judging merit at this or any level is always subjective. Coaches use criteria, size, pace, skill, intelligence, positional needs, etc. if there are 10 midfielders and he needs 5 half are screwed. If he has 8 defenders and he needs 6, your chances are better. That isn't saying that MF #6 isn't an overall better player than D #2.
                        Point noted...

Comment

Interesting... because the U18 does have a parent on BOD, two coaches and their respective sons, players who get waivers but just mediocre level, and it keeps going. Seems this new coach decided to favour politics.

Comment

Interesting... because the U18 does have a parent on BOD, two coaches and their respective sons, players who get waivers but just mediocre level, and it keeps going. Seems this new coach decided to favour politics.
                            Can't say what the process was for the 18's, I was commenting on the assertion that the U16 team was formed politically as a result of the merger, rather than bu a new coach from outside the club picking the players he wanted. The makeup of the U18 Bolts so far looks very different in terms of history with the club than the U16's.

Perchaps the politics of the merger was we can merge but I get to pick my own team, not just take blindly the team you picked for me based on club history, giving the U16 coach leeway the U18 coach didn't have.

Comment

Can't say what the process was for the 18's, I was commenting on the assertion that the U16 team was formed politically as a result of the merger, rather than bu a new coach from outside the club picking the players he wanted. The makeup of the U18 Bolts so far looks very different in terms of history with the club than the U16's.

Perchaps the politics of the merger was we can merge but I get to pick my own team, not just take blindly the team you picked for me based on club history, giving the U16 coach leeway the U18 coach didn't have.
                              That decision ( giving DC full reign over u16 DAP knowing full well that almost all the per academy players would be cut despite having made the preacademy playoffs- so much for development) will haunt BA for years to come. He has alienated many players. Loyalty is at an all-time low. DC will either make his mark or be fired next year. Either way no one expects any club loyalty anymore. Club donations will drop and turnout at the yearly club events will be at an all time low- at that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X