Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yeah, Meffah, maybe Framingham and Lexington, and the usual SJP should be tops in the North.
    What about South - assume New Bedford will be good, but who else? BC is huge, too, so should challenge. Franklin maybe? If Walpole returns a lot of their players, they'll do well in d2.

Comment

What about South - assume New Bedford will be good, but who else? BC is huge, too, so should challenge. Franklin maybe? If Walpole returns a lot of their players, they'll do well in d2.
      Franklin might be a really interesting team to watch. Lots of seniors on the team last year, but they have a really strong core of juniors coming in.

Comment

Franklin might be a really interesting team to watch. Lots of seniors on the team last year, but they have a really strong core of juniors coming in.
        Franklin really only has one incoming junior that's a difference maker. If he steps up Franklin has a real shot.

Comment

Franklin really only has one incoming junior that's a difference maker. If he steps up Franklin has a real shot.
          I saw that Franklin team last year. They were one of the more senior laden teams I've ever seen. They will definitely drop off. Their record may not be that much different as they play in a below average conference but I doubt they'll be as dangerous in the tourney.

Comment

I saw that Franklin team last year. They were one of the more senior laden teams I've ever seen. They will definitely drop off. Their record may not be that much different as they play in a below average conference but I doubt they'll be as dangerous in the tourney.
            I guess we will see. Although my original point may not have been clear, it really was that with all of the seniors leaving, you would normally expect Franklin to drop, but I wouldn't count them out as I think it might be interesting with some of the new juniors coming in to fill some of those slots.

Comment

I guess we will see. Although my original point may not have been clear, it really was that with all of the seniors leaving, you would normally expect Franklin to drop, but I wouldn't count them out as I think it might be interesting with some of the new juniors coming in to fill some of those slots.
              I don't know about others but I get your point. Thing is like I said Franklin only has one incoming junior that can make a difference.

Comment

I don't know about others but I get your point. Thing is like I said Franklin only has one incoming junior that can make a difference.
                You last point just isn't correct. There is probably 4 or 5 juniors that will make a big difference, but again we will see.

Comment

Barnstable had a good side last year. Expect them to be better, same or worse?

Comment

I like Needham again this year. Their leading goal scorer from last season is returning, I'm pretty sure.

Comment

Any word on the who will be the Needham coach?

Comment

For what it's worth, below are the schools whose teams have made every d1 tourney in the past 5 years in the south section, followed by their regular-season aggregate and by-season W-L-T records from 2014 back to 2010
                        1. Needham 64-10-19; 14-0-4, 12-0-6, 15-1-3, 14-2-3, 9-7-3
                        2. Silver Lake 66-11-18; 13-3-4, 17-0-1, 13-3-3, 12-2-5, 11-3-5
                        3. BC High 55-14-20; 13-1-4, 13-3-2, 12-2-3, 8-6-4, 9-2-7
                        4. Wellesley 56-19-10; 10-4-3, 11-1-4, 11-3-2, 12-5-1, 12-6-0
                        5. Franklin 47-12-28; 12-1-5, 12-1-5, 11-2-5, 5-4-7, 7-4-6
                        6. Weymouth 54-20-23; 9-7-4, 7-6-5, 14-1-4, 13-4-3, 11-2-7
                        7. Brockton 52-23-11; 10-6-2, 12-4-2, 9-6-3, 9-5-2, 12-2-2
                        8. Barnstable 42-26-13; 11-4-3, 7-7-2, 7-5-3, 8-6-2, 9-4-3
                        9. Marshfield 44-27-17; 6-7-5, 8-6-3, 12-3-2, 8-5-5, 10-6-2
                        10. King Philip 40-25-21; 9-5-4, 9-6-2, 6-5-6, 6-6-5, 10-3-4

Comment

I like Needham again this year. Their leading goal scorer from last season is returning, I'm pretty sure.
                          I can't remember if that kid was a senior or not. My recollection is that he was a Sr but I could be wrong. What I do know is that their best player is playing D1 college soccer next season so that's going to be hard to recover from.

Comment

Gonk lost the best returning striker / mid fielder.....no depth........Wach is average.... GD will be good, WestB will be in the mix.... you do underestimate STJ...
                            What planet are you from ? You hold out STJs as something special then call Wachusett average. How many times has STJs been to the District Finals in the last 3 years ?

Comment

What planet are you from ? You hold out STJs as something special then call Wachusett average. How many times has STJs been to the District Finals in the last 3 years ?
                              St Johns is a mere shell of its former self. Quality players choose to matriculate elsewhere and the coaching staff has proven inept since RG, then KS arrived.

Comment

I can't remember if that kid was a senior or not. My recollection is that he was a Sr but I could be wrong. What I do know is that their best player is playing D1 college soccer next season so that's going to be hard to recover from.
                                They won the D1 state championship a few years back without 2 players(DAP) who now play D1 soccer so I think they will be fine.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X